Meeting people

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry for the long wait -^- I had problems with my bank account again and the heat is killing me these days xD I haven't learned a thing for my exams on friday yet so no update until friday+ Wish me luck :D

Enjoy the chapter xD I hope it makes sense...my brain is melting nowadays...

Thank you for subscribing *happiness level 300* and upvoting! For the 200-subscriber special I will write an additional chapter soon for Myungyeol or Yadong or maybe both, but right now I don't have enough time sry ;A;
 

 

[SUNGGYU]

 

“Can’t believe the parking costs 1000 won every 15 minutes after 3 hours. We should’ve taken the subway.” Woohyun said with a sour face.

 

Sunggyu frowned. ‘We can share the costs if you want. I would feel bad if you use up all your money because of me.’

 

The younger man shook his head quickly. “No, it’s okay! I won’t let you pay a cent today. Don’t worry, hyung, I can afford this. I know I can’t give you much because I’m poor, but let me treat you today, okay?”

 

Woohyun smiled at him and the brown-haired man found it hard to refuse. “Hyung, don’t think too much about it. Just enjoy today. I want to see your smile again, the frown doesn’t suit you.”

 

The other threw him a few hearts and Sunggyu couldn’t help but smile. Woohyun laughed happily. “Sunggyu-hyung, your smile lights up my day~”

 

He blushed and tried to stop smiling, but it didn’t work. Sunggyu took the lead shyly to avoid Woohyun’s gaze and walked to the entrance with big steps. Sunggyu’s steps got slower as he saw the long line of people at the ticket booth. He felt nervous at the sight of so many strangers. Of course it would be full today since it was Saturday and the COEX Aquarium was loved by families with children or couples. Sunggyu was pretty sure that they were the only male-male couple here. The black-haired man caught up with him and they queued up. He stared at his feet because some people were looking in their direction occasionally. They must be thinking that it’s weird for two guys to hang out at the Aquarium or they are wondering what someone like me is doing with someone good-looking like Woohyun…

 

“Ah, I think we can skip the line! I completely forgot that we have our tickets already.” Woohyun said and stretched his neck to look over the heads of the people in front of them.

 

Sunggyu sighed in relief because just then people stopped behind them and he started to feel uncomfortable. They left the line again and passed the people that were waiting for their tickets. Someone checked the two tickets Woohyun had at the entrance and then they could finally enter. An employee pressed a brochure into Sunggyu’s hand who took it reluctantly. He gave the worker a quick nod and they continued walking. Sunggyu opened the brochure to look at the information.  Woohyun leaned closer to take a look.

 

“Where do you want to go first, hyung? Maybe the Kid’s Aquarium?”

 

The older man glanced at him with a small pout and pointed at the Ocean Kingdom. ‘This one.’

 

Woohyun smiled. “Anything you want, Sunggyu-hyung. Don’t get lost, okay?”

 

He put the brochure in between the pages of his notebook. Sunggyu noticed some people staring at them and his hand shook slightly while he wrote. ‘I’m not a child. You look like someone who would get lost!’

 

The other must have noticed his glances because Woohyun started to look around as well. He turned back to Sunggyu afterwards. “Hyung, just ignore them. They’re probably just jealous because such a cute guy is by my side!”

 

He felt flattered by his words though he found them hard to believe. But if anything they would be jealous of Sunggyu for hanging out with the black-haired man. Woohyun was attractive after all while he was just…Kim Sunggyu, the mute unattractive idiot.

 

“Stop frowning. Don’t overthink everything. Just enjoy it!” The younger man smiled at him.

 

‘Let’s go.’ He signed to Woohyun and started walking in the direction of the Ocean Kingdom.

 

Sunggyu soon forgot about the looks they were getting and concentrated on their surroundings instead. The interior looked amazing from the lighting to the various objects that were presented in glass tubes. What fascinated him the most were underwater creatures of course. The tank in the Ocean Kingdom was massive. Water and animals could be seen in every direction because it was designed like a tunnel. Sunggyu was a little hesitant to enter the dark tunnel at first, but Woohyun took the first step inside. The younger stared at the blue ceiling above his head.

 

“Look, hyung, a shark! I think he’s staring at me... Maybe he thinks I’m food!” Woohyun said and caught everyone’s attention.

 

The brown-haired boy laughed silently and followed him into the dark tunnel. The only light came from the big tank that surrounded them. Sunggyu pressed his face against the glass to observe the shoal of silver-colored fish that swam by. He didn’t know why fish were so fascinating for him, maybe because they were so colorful and seemed so free. The ocean was so big and full of beautiful things. Also fish didn’t know anything about discrimination, crime or even feelings – at least humans claimed that they were unable to have emotions. Sunggyu thought that their world was better than his. He would love to join them in the water, doing nothing all the day but eating and sleeping.

 

He stepped back from the glass and lifted his gaze to stare at the ceiling like Woohyun had done before.  The sharks were harmless to humans but they looked dangerous nevertheless. Someone ran into him suddenly and Sunggyu stumbled forward. He could barely catch himself from falling down. Two kids passed him at the speed of light – without apologizing of course.

 

“I’m sorry for them. Are you okay?” A female voice asked.

 

Sunggyu stared at her. She was probably their mother. When he didn’t answer she smiled hesitantly. “I’m really sorry. You’re not hurt, are you?”

 

He looked around for Woohyun, but the younger man was already by his side in the next second. The black-haired man bowed slightly to the stranger. “Everything’s okay. It’s normal for kids to be excited, right hyung?”

 

Sunggyu nodded shyly. She smiled again. “I should probably look for them now before they bump into the next person.”

 

When the lady was gone Woohyun looked at him. “You shouldn’t stop in the middle of the tunnel, Sunggyu-hyung. It’s dark in here. Anyone could run into you.”

 

Don’t scold me like a little kid, stupid. He continued walking. It didn’t take long until his nose touched the glass again. The turtles were much slower than the fish. They seemed really calm like they had all day to get anywhere, but Sunggyu knew that they could be pretty fast if they needed to run away. The turtles were kind of like him – a hard shell, lazy and different from everything else in the tank.

 

“Hyung, doesn’t that turtle look a lot like you?” Woohyun pointed at one of them with a smirk.

 

Sunggyu snorted but the younger man continued. “He has small eyes like you and the way he’s simply lying there doing absolutely nothing reminds me of you!”

 

He pouted again. Okay, maybe he had just compared himself to the turtles a second ago and maybe he really liked staying in bed without moving, but that was no reason to say it out loud. Sunggyu heard someone giggle and glanced to the left where two high school girls were standing and looking in their direction. They avoided their eyes quickly though when they noticed Sunggyu’s gaze. He looked back at the turtle and noticed that another turtle had come closer to it. The bigger turtle nudged the lazy one several times until the smaller one had enough and finally moved. They started swimming together in synch and he followed them with his eyes.

 

“Let’s name them, hyung!” Woohyun gave him an excited look.

 

Sunggyu raised an eyebrow. ‘I think they have names already. Can’t you keep quiet for a minute?’

 

The younger smiled. “Who cares if they have names already? I bet they gave them some stupid English name. Let’s give them proper Korean names. Hyung, think of two names!”

 

He rolled his eyes at his remark. What was the point of naming them? They couldn’t tell the COEX Aquarium to change the names and only the two of them would know they’re new names.

 

A secret between the two of them...

 

Sunggyu watched the turtles intently. What about Namu and Gyu? Since they are a bit like us. Woohyun is always bothering me like that until I move. Namu and Gyu. He smiled to himself when the two turtles turned around and swam back in their direction as if they had heard him calling their names. Sunggyu didn’t dare to tell Woohyun his decision though. It was way too embarrassing that he had named these two after themselves. The black-haired man was still staring at him.

 

“Hyung~ what are you smiling at? Did you name them?”

 

He nodded without looking at Woohyun. “Are you not going to tell me their names?”

 

The brown-haired man shook his head with a light smirk on his lips. He stepped away from the glass and glanced at Woohyun. ‘It’s a secret.’

 

They left the Ocean Kingdom after a while. Woohyun never stopped asking for the names, but Sunggyu was a professional at keeping silent. Their next big stop was the doctor fishpond. Sunggyu was curious to see the little fish at work but it was terribly full at the attraction. Everyone wanted to try it at least once so many people were standing around them and Sunggyu couldn’t see anything. He heard some of them talking to each other in another language. He didn’t know which though.

 

Woohyun got closer to the group and tried to look over their heads, but they were all westerners and pretty tall. Suddenly the group started moving, probably because they were done with watching the doctor fish. Sunggyu wanted to step aside, but instead he found himself in the middle of the chattering crowd. He pressed the notebook close to his chest as the moving people pushed him around. He wanted to get out, but the closeness of all the foreigners made him dizzy and panicky.

 

When th

Please log in to read the full chapter