Best friends

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sorry for the "late" update :3 the Seoul concert took all my energy yesterday. No, I didn't go - the tweets and pictures took my life force XD (and I was busy with the surprise kekeke)
And someone told me they might come to Germany. God, I would be so happy if they come T____T *breaking out in tears*

Enjoy the chapter :3 you said that you've missed Howon and Dongwoo. So have fun with the chapter ahead. What a wonderful friendship <3

Thanks to the new subscribers (the hell..almost 400 T___T are u kidding me? /sobs) and hug & kisses for the upvotes (almost 100 ;_; /sobs again) !! Keep it up with the comments <3 I'll reply to the comments from the last chapter later. I have to go grocery shopping now >w<

(and enjoy the surprise. don't you dare scroll down to see it before reading the chapter ;p)
 

 

[SUNGGYU]

 

The first thing he did in the morning was writing a message to Woohyun. It was short and felt kind of uncreative, but Sunggyu wasn’t the type to send overly cute texts. Dongwoo liked using many emoticons to express himself and Woohyun seemed to love them as well. For Sunggyu though, they were only an unnecessary waste of space. It didn’t mean that he wasn’t interested or that he didn’t like texting. He just thought emoticons were something for children and teenagers. They were still cute to look at of course and Sunggyu liked to see them in messages - just not in his own texts.

 

He smiled at Woohyun’s new message. Sungyeol really seemed to be a handful, but Sunggyu could relate since Dongwoo was also quite a child sometimes. His friend had pulled him out of bed without mercy more than once and if you gave him enough chocolate, he had enough energy to talk you to your grave. It was a mystery to him how Howon could live together with Dongwoo. Maybe it’s possible because they are in love? Sunggyu imagined living together with Woohyun, but he would feel like a leech without a job. Woohyun already paid for the expenses of his younger brother. Sunggyu couldn’t live off his money as well. Besides, the whole thought of being alone with him in the apartment for a longer period made him nervous. Things like in the car could happen again and Sunggyu wasn’t sure if he was ready. He wanted to be close to Woohyun, but his mind couldn’t forget the touches from his old tutor. Even after seven years they were still etched in his memory. He would remember the pictures of the past against his will. Sunggyu touched his thigh absentmindedly. His body was okay with the touch of his own hand, though he couldn’t suppress a shiver.

 

Sunggyu ripped his thoughts away from the incident in the car. He had to answer Woohyun or the other would feel ignored by him.

 

My morning was like always –nothing special.
I hope you’ll have your peace for the rest of the
day. You should lock your room next time. That
is how I protect my sleep. You are not mad be-
cause of yesterday, right? Have a good day. Give
my greetings to your brother and the owner.

                       - Sunggyu

 

He sent the text message before he got up from his bed. His parents were at work, but Howon would visit him today. He had no classes on Thursday and had offered to look after Sunggyu. Dongwoo had to work today since his kids were going to have another battle soon. Of course his best friend regretted his absence deeply, because Dongwoo wanted to know every single detail about the party. He had spammed Sunggyu’s phone with texts a million times, but the older man had deleted most of them without even taking a glimpse. Howon had only sent him one text yesterday, informing Sunggyu that he was going to take care of him today.

 

The brown-haired man didn’t like the fact that someone still had to take care of him. He felt relatively safe in the house, but he would never open the door for a stranger while he was alone. Answering the phone was a negative too, since he couldn’t talk. Matters were complicated further by the fact that Sunggyu couldn’t cook. His parents didn’t want him to eat instant food every single day and they were scared that he would burn the kitchen down in an attempt to make something different. The amount of trust they had into his skills was frightening.

 

Sunggyu changed into different clothes and walked down the stairs when he heard the doorbell. The brown-haired man checked the outside first before he opened the door. Howon greeted him with a rather dark expression.

 

“Hyung, do me a favor and answer at least one of Dongwoo’s messages next time. Sometimes I’m wondering who he loves more – me or you.”

 

The older man smiled. ‘He loves chocolate the most. Sorry, but I was too tired yesterday.’

 

“And I wasn’t?” Howon replied, but shrugged afterwards and invited himself inside.

 

Sunggyu closed the door again and they went to the living room. His friend immediately went for the couch and laid down on it. He positioned a pillow under his head and sighed. “Peace, finally.”

 

And Woohyun thought he had it hard... Sunggyu smiled to himself and sat down in the armchair. He turned the TV on, because Howon looked like he wanted to take a nap. It was basically his fault that Howon hadn’t slept a wink, so Sunggyu didn’t care much. He could busy himself. He was no child after all.

 

It didn’t take too long before Howon had fallen asleep. The brown-haired man zapped through the TV channels. Sunggyu yawned and stopped at a variety show. At least that was more entertainment than his snoring friend. He used the time to study the way every cast member talked. Sunggyu observed how they moved their lips at certain words and which syllables they stretched or not. It was difficult because every person had a different speech pattern, but nevertheless he tried to copy it. He didn’t go further than copying the movement. Sunggyu was afraid of making a stupid noise in front of his friend. Of course Howon was still sleeping, but the sounds from his throat were embarrassing nonetheless. They were not human. A baby had a wider variety of sounds than him.

 

Sunggyu waited for an answer for Woohyun while he was doing his ‘homework’. He was a little sulky because the other wasn’t replying to his message, but Sunggyu told himself that Woohyun was probably busy with something more important. Or he IS mad because of yesterday. The brown-haired man groaned and changed sitting posture for the hundredth time. He suddenly remembered that he still needed to write Dongwoo a message.

 

I’m sorry for not answering yesterday. I didn’t
have the time to read your messages at the party
and afterwards I was too tired to react to your
spam ヘ(_ _ヘ) I’m still alive and Woohyun is
alive as well. I took your advice to heart by the
way. A lot has happened, but I trust that Howon
will tell you everything. He’s sleeping right now.
Don’t stress him too much, Dongwoo.

                                       - Sunggyu

 

He snatched a picture of the sleeping Howon for his boyfriend and sent it to him with the text. Dongwoo’s answer came almost immediately – as expected.

 

Thank you for the picture (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ I’m so curious now! I kept Hobear awake the whole night because I was worried. Do you know what he told me? “Woohyun will take care of him, so don’t worry.” Isn’t he the cutest thing ever? O(≧▽≦)O I’m telling you: he likes Woohyun! No matter how much he curses at him. Give him a kiss from me!

                   - Dongwoo

 

Sunggyu chuckled silently. There was no way he was going to give Howon a kiss, but his best friend probably knew that. Woohyun and Howon’s hate-love relationship was quite funny to watch, but hopefully the bickering would stop now that they were a couple. Couple. The word still made him nervous even after one night. He could still feel Woohyun’s lips on his and the smell of mint had never left his nose since their separation. Sunggyu touched his lips unconsciously with his fingertips. He remembered Woohyun’s tongue tracing the pink flesh. The brown-haired man shivered and retracted his fingers quickly. Stop thinking about it! Sunggyu decided to turn his attention back to the television, but it didn’t work since his mind was filled with thoughts of Woohyun.

 

 

 

Howon woke up two hours later with a grunt. He stretched his limbs and glanced at Sunggyu. “Why didn’t you wake me? I was supposed to make lunch.”

 

Sunggyu shrugged. ‘You looked so peaceful while sleeping and I’m not really hungry.’

 

The younger man snorted. “You have to eat something. Come on. You can tell me about yesterday while I’m cooking.”

 

They walked to the kitchen with lazy steps and Sunggyu took a seat at the table. He watched Howon while he robbed their fridge. “So hyung, did anything happen yesterday? Dongwoo will kill me if I don’t have anything to tell him.”

 

The brown-haired man his lips nervously. ‘I’m dating Woohyun.’

 

Howon stopped what he was doing and stared at him with wide eyes. “Wait, wait, wait. Didn’t we skip a few things here? Where is the part where you accept that you’re gay and what about your confession? Dongwoo will flip if I simply tell him: ‘Hey, Sunggyu-hyung is dating that wimp!’.”

 

Sunggyu frowned. ‘I thought that was obvious. Are you not happy?’

 

The younger man laughed. “Well, there are probably better men than Woohyun out there, but if he makes you happy than I’m happy too - at least I’ll try to act like I like Woohyun for you.”

 

‘Didn’t you tell Dongwoo that Woohyun will take good care of me?’

 

Howon cursed quietly. “That idiot! Fine, maybe he is alright. So how exactly did the coming out happen?”

 

He told his friend about the evening with Woohyun. Howon seemed impressed that he had even entered the party when he described the big crowd in front of the museum. He understood that Sunggyu had avoided

Please log in to read the full chapter