Insecurities & Surprises

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Took me a while to finish it, sorry :D Friday was not exactly my best day. Bad luck followed me wherever I went u.u"
Today was a birthday party and I'm a little drunk, but hey I finished the chapter xD! Maybe I should make the chapters shorter to update faster. You can tell me what you'd like more, though I'm still unsure how many chapters this story will have. I guess I could keep writing forever...
Sorry for the spam xd Have fun!
And big big big biiiig thanks to all the subscribers <3 and of course a hug for every comment you wrote!

 

 

[SUNGGYU]

 

The next day Sunggyu woke up pretty early. He felt better than the night before, though he was still worried about yesterday’s incident. Sunggyu hadn’t written a reply to Dongwoo yet. He wasn’t sure if he should give Woohyun his number. The brown-haired boy couldn’t stop thinking about what had happened and what the other could possibly be thinking now. His heart told him that Woohyun would never think badly about him, but his mind thought different. The voice inside his head whispered that the assistant couldn’t be trusted. He would betray Sunggyu and hurt him as soon as he got a chance. Sunggyu sighed and pressed his face deeper into the pillow. Damn insecurities! Why is it so complicated? Normally I don’t care what a stranger thinks, but Woohyun is different somehow. I feel like I can trust him...

The door to his room was opened and the tired man looked up. He was surprised to see his parents there. Sunggyu smiled at them. His mother clapped her hands cheerfully. “Good morning, Gyu! Are you ready to leave this awful place behind?”

The younger nodded and climbed out of his bed. Sunggyu changed his clothes and a nurse checked up on him before he could finally leave the hospital. He was quite relieved that his mother didn’t start another argument about the incident at the restaurant. The brown-haired man wanted to forget about his breakdown in the restroom.

His father was strangely quiet on their way home. The whole drive was filled with Mrs. Kim’s ranting about the traffic or her co-workers. Sunggyu only stared out of the window and watched the surroundings pass by. He thought about Woohyun the whole time, pondering if he should give his number away or not. Maybe Dongwoo was right and he really needed another friend. But the assistant was not able to use or understand sign language. They would only be able to communicate via written messages. Wouldn’t that be a bother to Woohyun? Sunggyu was sure that the other had enough friends who were ‘normal’. Why would he want to be friends with someone like him?

When they reached the house Sunggyu quickly got out of the car to escape the never-ending rant of his mother. He opened the front door with his key and went straight to his room. Sunggyu locked the door and threw himself onto the bed. Home sweet home.

His phone vibrated in his back pocket. The brown-haired man took it out of his pocket and stared at the screen. A text from an unknown number? Sunggyu opened the message reluctantly.

Hello, Sunggyu! Dongwoo gave me your number! He said you agreed!
I’m so happy ^w^ I want to apologize for yesterday.
I feel so bad, because it seems like I unintentionally hurt you!
Sorry for scaring you! See you later!

- Unknown number

Sunggyu groaned. Why did Dongwoo even ask him for his permission if he didn’t care about his opinion in the first place? But he was kind of relieved, because Woohyun seemed friendly and even happy to talk to him. Maybe the younger didn’t shun him after all? Though the brown-haired man wondered about some parts in the message. What does he mean with “He said you agreed”? Agreed to what? Giving my number away? I didn’t agree to that! And why did Woohyun say ‘See you later’? Sunggyu frowned. He decided to write a message to his best friend first to vent his anger.

Dongwoo!! Why did you not wait for my reply?
You can’t give my number to just any stranger!
And why did Woohyun say he would see me later?!
Answer, you stupid best friend of mine!
  -  Sunggyu

He stared at the screen with squinted eyes as he waited for an answer from his friend. Dongwoo answered pretty quickly - maybe he had felt Sunggyu’s ‘killing intent’.

Hyung! Do you know what time it is? Hobear will kill me if my phone
wakes him up at this ungodly hour! Yes, I gave it to him ^-^
thank me later! I arranged a small meeting for you guys. Woohyun will
come by your house later and bring you lunch as an apology!
Don’t be unfriendly, Gyu-hyung! Have fun <3
- Dongwoo

 

Sunggyu groaned. Dongwoo and his meddlesome character! Why am I friends with this idiot again? There was a knock on his door and Sunggyu looked over his shoulder. “

“Gyu, why did you lock your door? I’m going to work now, but your dad will stay here today.” His mother said. “Why don’t you spend some time together? I’ll call Hyuna over and she can cook something for you two."

Sunggyu had no idea why she was even asking him, because he couldn’t answer her with a closed door between them. He wasn’t able to talk after all. The brown-haired man didn’t want to open the door, but when Hyuna’s name popped up, he decided to give in. Sunggyu opened the door lazily and gave his mother a not-amused look. He had had a crush on Hyuna in the past, but that was over ten years ago. They were only acquaintances (or rather neighbors) now, though his mother always tried to set them up. Sunggyu didn’t love her anymore. The small crush had ended long before the incident. Could he ever love again? Every woman looked the same to him now and his trust issues didn’t help at all.

‘There’s no need for that. I’ve taken care of lunch.’

Well, technically speaking, Dongwoo took care of his lunch, but who cared about small details? Sunggyu was kind of happy that Woohyun would be coming over for lunch, because he didn’t want an awkward meeting with Hyuna. And seeing her always felt awkward. She obviously couldn’t look him into the eyes anymore and she treated him different – like a freak. If only his mother would notice that, but she was blind to those things.

She raised an eyebrow. “Baby, instant ramen is not good for your body. You need to eat a proper lunch.”

Sunggyu shook his head. ‘A friend will come by later.’

She smiled. “I thought Dongwoo has no time today! Oh! Don’t tell me Howon is coming!”

He thought about telling the truth for the moment, but it seemed like too much of a bother to explain to her who Woohyun was and why he would come to their house. She would probably chop off Woohyun’s head for scaring her ‘little baby’ in the restroom. So Sunggyu only nodded in reply.

For a moment she seemed to be in deep thought, but then Mrs. Kim clapped her hands and smiled again. “I guess if it’s Howon, it will be alright. I have to go now. Don’t lock yourself in the room again, Sunggyu! Go and watch TV with your father.”

She wanted to give him a hug, but Sunggyu took a step back to avoid her. He wasn’t mad at her. He just hated too much touching in one day. Normally, a hug would feel good or warm, but the brown-haired man only felt uncomfortable at another person’s touch. Sunggyu knew that was not normal. Humans should like the touch of others, especially family members. He should yearn for it, but he was a freak. The concept of wanting to touch someone else and being touched was something he couldn’t understand anymore. His body rejected it because his mind told him it was dirty.

His mother understood the signal and left with a sad smile on her lips. Sunggyu let out a sigh. He could only imagine how hard it was for a mother to be rejected by her son. The brown-haired man grabbed his phone and wrote a reply to Woohyun. It was harder than he thought because he didn’t know anything about the younger man except for his name, age and occupation. Can I talk casually? Does he already see me as a friend? But we barely know each other...we are still strangers, right? Though Woohyun looks like someone who makes friends pretty fast.

While Sunggyu thought about what to call the assistant, time gradually passed without him noticing. Before he knew it, it was already lunchtime. The doorbell rang and the startled hamster jumped at the sound. He stared at his phone and then at the clock. He silently cursed at himself for wasting his time with useless thoughts. The message was not even done yet, but Woohyun was already in front of his door or at least Sunggyu thought it had to be him. But his father was expecting Howon. The brown-haired man quickly put the phone in his back pocket and ran down the stairs. He passed by the living room and noticed that his father was fast asleep. Sunggyu rushed towards the front door. He threw a glance through the door viewer. Woohyun looked even better than yesterday, maybe because he was wearing casual clothes. Sunggyu looked down at himself with a frown. He looked like a bum and probably smelled like one too. He clutched his hair in desperation. I can’t let him see me like this!

The doorbell rang again and Sunggyu glanced at th

Please log in to read the full chapter