Mixed feelings

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

So, here is the next update :3 (like always haha)

Thanks for the huge amount of comments and the upvotes too of course. You guys are still the best and most awesome readers <3 *throws hearts* *hands out bearhugs* (I want to say: "Keep it up!" but the number will probably go down again and go up at the next kiss lol)
Welcome and thanks to all the new subscribers, too (*・∀・)/\(・∀・*)

As promised there's some of Yonghwa (but you haven't heard or seen the last of him, he still has a job to do lol) and a bit of Suho (in your face -^-)
100% Woohyun ahead :3
 

 

[WOOHYUN]

 

As they walked away from Yonghwa, they ran into more and more other guests. The opening ceremony in the garden seemed to be over already. Woohyun frowned because he didn’t like how full the halls were becoming. Sunggyu was not good with so many people after all. He was surprised that Sunggyu hadn’t pulled his hand away yet. But the older man was too busy looking around, wary of the strangers all around them. Woohyun wondered, who that guy from before was. Sunggyu didn’t know a lot of people, so the answers were definitely limited. Was it someone from his past? He glanced at the timid man next to him.

 

“Hyung, did you know that guy?”

 

He saw Sunggyu biting his lower lip. Sunggyu clearly wanted to move his hands but noticed that Woohyun was still holding one. He blushed and freed his hand quickly. The younger man smiled at his reaction.

 

‘He was in my band. The composer.’

 

Woohyun’s eyes widened. “T-The one from middle school? What is he doing here?”

 

He had conflicted feelings over the news. Woohyun was still curious about the Sunggyu of the past. That guy knew a different Sunggyu, one that could talk and sing. The wild Sunggyu, who still had his head in the clouds and a dream he wanted to challenge. He was a bit jealous because of that, but maybe Yonghwa could help the healing process along. Woohyun wanted to ask him questions about the Sunggyu from middle school, but the brown-haired man obviously wanted to avoid his old friend.

 

Sunggyu frowned. ‘How am I supposed to know? I hope we won’t meet again.’

 

The black-haired man rubbed his arm lightly, careful not to scare Sunggyu. “Are you afraid, that he will find out about your voice?”

 

The other man nodded with a sad expression. Woohyun could only imagine, what he must feel like right now. He groaned because the mood had been so great before the appearance of Sunggyu’s acquaintance. The world was supposed to glow around them now, but Woohyun felt far away from cloud seven. Sunggyu was his boyfriend now and they were going out with each other, but Yonghwa’s appearance was like a shadow hanging over them.

 

“H-Hey, let’s have fun, okay? We have all reason to celebrate today and I won’t get any sponsors if we look gloomy.” Woohyun tried to cheer him up.

 

Sunggyu gave him a small smile. ‘Sorry.’

 

Woohyun returned the smile. “Come on, let’s look around the other halls. With so many people it will be hard for that guy to find us again.”

 

The older man’s shoulders dropped and Woohyun grabbed his hand again. Sunggyu frowned and tried to free his hand again. “No one will pay attention to our hands with so many people in here. I just want you to know that you’re safe, okay?”

 

To be honest, he just wanted to keep holding his hand, but Woohyun was sure that it would help Sunggyu nevertheless. He didn’t want to lose sight of him again in a crowd.

 

They walked to another hall with their fingers intertwined. Woohyun recognized a few celebrities on their way, but he didn’t find the courage to talk to them. What am I supposed to say? ‘Hi, I’m Woohyun. I don’t have any education, but I can sing and play guitar. What I’m doing currently? Working at a sushi bar. Do I have experience? Uh…no…? My family? I have none, but I’m taking care of another boy from the orphanage right now. Money? Phew, that’s why I’m here, aren’t I?’

 

He felt out of place between all the rich and famous people, but Woohyun knew that Sunggyu was probably feeling the same, if not worse. He didn’t know, if he was supposed to be happy, when they ran into Sunggyu’s parents. Woohyun let go of the other’s hand quickly.

 

“Sunggyu! Woohyun!” Mrs. Kim called them.

 

Woohyun gave her a small smile. “Is the ceremony already over?”

 

Sunggyu’s father nodded. “You didn’t miss anything. Suho just greeted all the guests and there was a small concert stage for one of EXO’s idol groups. I can’t remember the name though. I’m too old for stuff like that. How are you doing, Sunggyu?”

 

Woohyun glanced at his boyfriend. It’s so strange to say boyfriend. When will we tell his parents?

 

The brown-haired man seemed a little pale and a bit sad in Woohyun’s eyes. ‘I’m fine. It’s just a lot of people.’

 

“We’re so proud of you, baby.” Sunggyu’s mother said. “By the way, Woohyun, we met someone. You have to meet him. He’s not as famous as the chairman of EXO, but his label would be perfect for you!”

 

“She kept on telling him, that he has to meet you.” Mr. Kim said with a chuckle.

 

Woohyun felt touched. “But you’ve never heard me sing! I could be pretty bad…”

 

“Are you saying my son has bad taste in music?” She asked him with folded arms.

 

Sunggyu smiled. ‘He did have some problems with high notes.’

 

“Gyu!” Woohyun whined. So I’m bad after all?

 

“Stop teasing the poor boy.” Sunggyu’s father patted his back.

 

‘It was a joke. Your singing is perfect.’

 

Woohyun’s mood went up again at Sunggyu’s kind words. He didn’t care much for other people’s opinion, but it was definitely important to him, what the older man thought about his music.

 

“Have you talked to someone already?” Mrs. Kim asked.

 

He shook his head. “I don’t know how to talk to them. I mean, I’m a nobody.”

 

She raised an eyebrow. “Where did your usual confidence go? You won’t achieve anything in this kind of environment without confidence, Woohyun.”

 

He knew that, but he had his own insecurities. Although Woohyun always said that he wasn’t ashamed of his upbringing or the fact that he was poor, he still felt inferior to them deep inside. Some things in this world couldn’t be bought with confidence, only with money.

 

“I know, but I tend to do stupid things, when I’m nervous.  I’m sorry, I will try harder starting right now.” Woohyun raised his fists playfully.

 

Sunggyu laughed silently. ‘We should keep an eye on him.’

 

Mr. Kim smirked. “Of course. Let’s try and find Mr. Lee again.”

 

Since Sunggyu’s parents walked ahead again, Woohyun took the chance to hold the older man’s hand once more. Sunggyu glanced at him shortly, before he returned his gaze to the ground. He was a bit sad that Sunggyu didn’t look at the pictures anymore, because it showed that the brown-haired man didn’t enjoy the party at the moment. The other guests were probably too scary for him and maybe Sunggyu was still thinking about his old friend from before.

 

Woohyun noticed some people looking into their direction. When their eyes met, the others quickly averted their gaze, but Woohyun could see them whispering to each other and some even pointed at them. He raised an eyebrow, but didn’t stop walking. He didn’t want Sunggyu to notice.

 

They were still on their search for the mysterious Mr. Lee, who Mrs. Kim wanted him to meet, when two girls approached Woohyun and Sunggyu. Sunggyu’s parents didn’t realize that they had stopped.

 

“Excuse me.” One of the girls said in Korean with a thick accent.

 

Woohyun could see that they were foreigners. Sunggyu raised his gaze as well. “Uh…yes?”

 

He hoped that they wouldn’t start talking to him in English or another foreign language, because he couldn’t speak any of it. The girls started whispering to each other in a language that seemed like French to his ears, but he had seriously no idea. In the end everything was gibberish to him.

 

“Your picture. We saw couple.” The brunette said in broken Korean.

 

Woohyun blinked. She frowned and pointed at them. “Gwi yeo weo.“

 

He understood that she called them cute somehow, but everything else was blurry. “Thanks, I guess?”

 

The girls seemed to understand, that they wouldn’t get their point across any time soon, so they bowed slightly and walked away again. Woohyun tilted his head to the side. “I wonder, what that was about.”

 

He looked at Sunggyu, who seemed uncomfortable after the confusion with the girls. “It was probably nothing. Let’s catch up to your parents, hyung.”

 

The brown-haired man nodded and they quickened their pace. Woohyun spotted Sunggyu’s parents waiting in front of the next hall. They separated their hands again quickly.

 

Mrs. Kim smiled at them. “Where have you been? We found Mr. Lee.”

 

“We got held up by some foreigners, though I wasn’t sure what exactly they wanted from us.”

 

“Maybe they just thought you are two good-looking guys.” Mr. Kim joked and Woohyun saw Sunggyu rolling his eyes.

 

They entered the next hall. It was a smaller hall with various portraits. Woohyun recognized some celebrities, but there were also pictures of scenes from orphanages or scenes at hospitals. He could see everything from babies to old couples on the walls. Some pictures were bigger than the others and it had some similarity with the house wall of a very big family.

 

Mrs. Kim walked across the room without paying attention to anything else. They followed her quickly. Woohyun’s eye caught sight of a certain picture straight ahead of them and let out a curse. I’m going to kill that guy!

Please log in to read the full chapter