Cloudy Horizon

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

I'm getting slower with the updates the closer we get to the end - I don't want to reach the end it seems. I'm a bit scared of failing the ending truthfully and my twitter followers already know that there must be some kind of cliffhanger in the chapter (sorry). It's possible that the next chapter could be the last, but knowing me it will probably take two instead of one chapter to finish what I have planned.
Will I continue with the sequel immediately? IDK, maybe I will finish some one-shots first xD I've been meaning to finish "Catch your fall" and some other. And there's the letters prequel too *throws the hands in the air* someone hand me another head/body/whatever.


The owner finally has a name by the way. He deserved it. It's Jinho and everyone probably knows, which Jinho I mean *cough*
And I apologized on Twitter for making Suho a "bad" guy. I admit that he's cute and clumsy, his German is adorable!

Enough rant - CHAPTER ROAR (100% manly Woohyun roar!) /shot for stupidness (I'm sorry I get talkative after midnight lol)

Thanks to the new subscribers and for the upvotes and all the comment and I LOVE YOU GUYS ;A; I don't deserve your love /sobs

 

 

[WOOHYUN]

 

Woohyun had to say goodbye to Sunggyu’s parents in a hurry. They seemed confused for a moment, but of course they understood that he needed to get to work. It was a pity that he couldn’t stay for lunch, but Saturdays were always busy at the sushi restaurant. He ran to the next bus station with his guitar case over the shoulder. Luckily, his bus was already waiting at the stop. Woohyun jumped inside and tried to catch his breath. His legs were weak from the running but he had to stand during the whole drive because all of the seats were occupied. He fished out his phone from his pocket and wrote a quick message to Sunggyu. He still felt apologetic because he had left so suddenly. They had shared their first night together - it sounded more intimate in his mind than it had been - and Woohyun felt like that night held a special meaning for the two of them, yet he had left like that. He wished they could wake up next to each other every morning.

 

I’m sorry for leaving like that! ( TДT) It really means a lot to me that we’ve spent the night together! Waking up next to you was simply the best (ノ*゜▽゜*) I’ll check my mail when I return home later! Can’t wait to see the videos with you ♥

        - Woohyun

 

The black-haired man pushed the phone back into his pocket and jumped out of the bus when it reached his stop. He ran towards the restaurant with a big smile on his face. Woohyun already couldn’t wait for his shift to be over, though that was not the best work attitude to have. He reached the sushi restaurant a few minutes later, but to his surprise the front door was still locked and the inside seemed gray and empty. Woohyun noticed the ‘Sorry we’re closed sign’ plus a note that was pinned to the glass from the inside.

 

“’Closed indeterminately for personal reasons. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.’ What the?” Woohyun stared at the note and went around the restaurant to the backdoor.

 

He opened the door with the help from his personal key and entered the kitchen. The place seemed kind of creepy now since it was relatively dark inside and the only noise he could hear was from the clock on the wall. Woohyun’s gut feeling told him that something was incredibly wrong about this. The owner would never forget to open the shop. Combined with his mysterious free day yesterday, things got more and more suspicious. He crossed the kitchen with uneasy steps and walked towards the door that lead to the upper part of the house - the owner’s private rooms, which he used with his family. Since they were quite close, Woohyun had already been up there several times, but he had no key for the door that connected the home with the restaurant. The assistant walked up the stairs and knocked on the door.

 

No one answered after the first knock. Woohyun tried it again, but no steps or anything could be heard. The black-haired man sighed and walked down the stairs again. He strolled into the restaurant and searched it for a possible sign of the old man. He found nothing, not even another note. Woohyun sat down at the counter and stared blankly at the wood. I wonder where they are… He only told me not to come on Friday, right? Why is the shop closed for an unknown amount of time?

 

He took out his phone and tried the private number of the owner, but it had the same result as his knocking on their door. Woohyun pondered what he was supposed to do. He couldn’t open the shop by himself when the old man had obviously closed it for now. Should he go home? But he definitely wanted to know what was going on and he wouldn’t leave without an answer.

 

Woohyun called his brother next because the younger would surely be home. Myungsoo answered after the phone with an almost too happy voice. “If it isn’t my lovely older brother. Let me guess you’re calling to ask if your stupid package has arrived?”

 

He grunted. “It’s not stupid! It’s important. Yes, that too…but I was wondering if my boss has called you.”

 

“The owner of the restaurant? No, he didn’t. Aren’t you at work right now? He should be right next to you.”

 

“I am at work, but he’s not here and he didn’t leave me any information whatsoever. There’s just a note on the door saying that the shop will be closed for an indefinite amount of time…” Woohyun watched the outside with a worried face. From time to time a customer would run into the closed door. He would’ve found it funny normally, but he felt too sick from all the worry at the moment.

 

Myungsoo was quiet for a while. “That’s really weird. Did you try his apartment on the 2nd floor?”

 

“Yes...and I also called their private number but no one is answering. To think I was so happy this morning...now I’m just worried.”

 

There was a short chuckle on the other end of the line. “I guess yesterday went well then? Maybe it raises your mood to know that the package arrived about two hours ago. And no, we haven’t opened it yet, though I had to hide it because Sungyeol really, really wants to open it. I never want to see him on Christmas, hyung. He totally loves surprises, but he’s the most impatient person I have ever met. You can’t compare to him.”

 

“Hey!” Woohyun protested, but still the news about the package brightened his mood a bit. “Keep his fingers of my package! The content is only for Sunggyu and me to know. I’ll hang up for now, thanks anyway.”

 

“Of course. Good luck, Woohyun-hyung.”

 

Woohyun hung up and put the phone away again. His stomach growled loudly and he went back to the kitchen. There was still fresh fish in the fridge and it would be a pity to waste it, so Woohyun made himself a lunch meal. He would put some money into the register later.

 

The black-haired man was finished with his meal when he heard some noises from upstairs. Woohyun jumped from his seat and ran back to the door that led to the apartment. He knocked on the door again and this time he could hear steps. He felt relief at the sound, though he was still anxious. The door got unlocked from the other side and the wife of the owner greeted Woohyun.

 

She seemed shocked to see him there. “Oh god, Woohyun! I forgot to inform you that you don’t have to come to work for now. I’m sorry. How long have you been here?”

 

“Not long, I overslept. Why is the shop closed? Where’s the owner?”

 

Her eyes softened and she put a hand on his upper arm. “Why don’t you come inside, Woohyun? I’ll cook us a nice, warm cup of tea.”

 

Woohyun fought the urge to demand an answer immediately and followed her inside. He sat down at the small table in the living room and waited until she returned with two cups. “Will you tell me what’s going on now? Please?”

 

She smiled sadly. “Don’t get upset that we’ve never told you before. Jinho is in the hospital at the moment. He has problems with his heart, the doctor told us. That’s why he needed you at the shop so often. The stress is not too good for his heart. I’m sorry that we didn’t tell you…he didn’t want you or Sunggyu to worry.”

 

Woohyun stared at her with a blank face. Problems with his heart? “But he was fine…I-I mean I’ve never noticed anything. You should’ve told me! Is he in the hospital because of his heart? Did something happen? What-“

 

She put a hand over his. “Woohyun, calm down please. Yes, he is in the hospital because of his heart. He had an examination yesterday and they…they said that he needs to undergo surgery. Otherwise there could be complications with his heart. That’s why he needs to stay there for now. Please don’t blame him, Woohyun. He cares for you like the son he never had. He’s strong, so don’t worry about him.”

 

The black-haired man felt his heart clench at the news. He fought against the tears when he imagined the owner on some operation table. They had still talked with each other on Thursday and he had seemed perfectly fine. “The operation… It’s safe, right?”

 

The old lady squeezed his hand and smiled weakly. “He’ll be fine.”

 

She didn’t say that it was safe and Woohyun saw it in her eyes: She wasn’t sure about it. The younger squeezed his eyes closed and took a deep breath. Everything seemed to crumble down. How was he even supposed to tell Sunggyu this? The older man would probably feel much worse than Woohyun about this. He didn’t want Sunggyu to

Please log in to read the full chapter