Happy & Frustrated

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Update yey! So many subscribers - yey !!! <3 Welcome new readers, thanks for subscribing and upvoting and I'm thankful for every comment!
To make up for the long wait it turned out a little longer than normal. Myungyeol are successful "ers". Poor frustrated Namu!

I admit I was a little late, because I was too busy watching the Destiny+Inception performance again and again and telling the world how much I love Kim Sunggyu D: (be glad if you don't follow my twitter hehe xD)
 

 

[SUNGGYU]

 

When Woohyun opened the door to his apartment, they were greeted with the total opposite of silence. Sunggyu was confused, because when they had left the house it had been perfectly quiet. Of course the logical conclusion would be that Myungsoo had returned home, but in Sunggyu’s memory the noises and Woohyun’s brother didn’t match. He couldn’t imagine Myungsoo laughing loudly like that. Woohyun seemed as perplex as he. The younger man took the lead and ventured deeper into the apartment.

 

“Myungsoo…?” Woohyun called his brother.

 

Loud steps followed from the living room. “WOOHYUN-HYUNG!”

 

Definitely not Myungsoo, Sunggyu concluded. A rather tall boy came running in their direction. Sunggyu took a step back when the boy tackled Woohyun, who could barely manage to set his bags down quickly enough. The black-haired man nearly lost his footing and huffed as the air got pressed out of his body by the younger. “S-Sungyeol, how nice… Why are you here?”

 

Finally Myungsoo turned up with his usual blank expression and disheveled hair. “Didn’t I mention that he’s going to sleep over today? Must have slipped my mind, sorry, hyung.”

 

Myungsoo didn’t look sorry at all, but his true feelings were hard to tell like always. Sunggyu glanced back to the tall attacker, who was still clinging to Woohyun. He didn’t like the sight, not even a bit. Why didn’t Woohyun push him away? The older man frowned. Under different circumstances he might have found the sight funny or even cute - it reminded him a lot of Dongwoo’s hyperactive side - but right now he only had one thought: Let go of Woohyun!

 

Said person cleared his throat and finally pushed the younger boy away. “You didn’t tell me, Soo.”

 

“Well, now you know. Were you guys shopping? I hope Sunggyu-hyung stopped you from buying the whole store, he seems like a rational person.” Myungsoo replied and glanced at the brown-haired man.

 

Sungyeol turned to him as well and smiled widely. “You must be Sunggyu-hyung! I’ve heard a lot about you! Myungie didn’t mention how cute you were! Your cheeks are so cute!”

 

The tall boy chuckled and Woohyun frowned. “Only I can call him cute!”

 

That’s not the point, Woohyun! Sunggyu glared at him. I’m not cute!

 

Sungyeol laughed. “I want to squish him!”

 

The dark-blond boy jumped in his direction and the older man quickly retreated until his back hit the front door. Woohyun was fast enough to step between them and hold Sungyeol back. “Yah! Don’t touch him! Soo, educate your monkey properly before you invite him over!”

 

“You told me to become friends with him, Woohyun-hyung.” Myungsoo said expressionless. “Not to tame him.”

 

“That’s unfair, Woohyun-hyung! I want to greet the cute hyung!” The tall boy struggled to break free.

 

Sunggyu found himself imagining a meeting between Sungyeol and energetic Dongwoo, but the picture seemed too bizarre. He was used to his best friend when he had a phase like this, but Sungyeol was a stranger for him so he was not comfortable yet with him. Woohyun had barely told him anything about the boy. He only knew that he had been in the same hospital room as Myungsoo and that Woohyun wanted them to become friends.

 

The black-haired boy stepped in finally. “Now, now, calm down, Yeol. I told you he is scared of getting touched by strangers. Do you want Sunggyu-hyung to hate you?”

 

Sungyeol glanced at Sunggyu and the oldest tried his hardest to look intimidating instead of frightened. The younger boy gave up. He looked depressed suddenly. “Don’t hate me, hyung. I’m sorry…”

 

The - still confused - brown-haired man gave him a small smile. Sungyeol was like a child and Sunggyu was good with children. He could never be mad at them for too long. ‘I’m not mad, don’t worry.’

 

“What did he say?” Sungyeol looked at Woohyun with big eyes. “Hyung, translate it for me! Hurry up!”

 

“He’s not mad, but I’m kind of irritated to be honest. Could the children go back to their room and give us adults some time alone? I’ll call you when dinner is done.” Woohyun said.

 

Myungsoo smirked at them. “The adults want to be alone? Don’t do anything inappropriate, hyung, the kitchen is used for cooking. Come on, Sungyeol, you still need to do my math homework for tomorrow.”

 

Woohyun narrowed his eyes at his brother, but the younger boy grabbed Sungyeol and dragged him away while ignoring his look. “Kim Myungsoo, do your homework alone! I didn’t tell you to get a friend so that he can do your work.”

 

“Yes, yes, mom.” The boys disappeared into Myungsoo’s room and Woohyun sighed.

 

“I’m sorry, hyung. I didn’t know they would be home, especially not Sungyeol.”

 

Sunggyu shrugged and smiled again. ‘Your brother has a friend that’s good, right?’

 

“I guess so, but now it will be quite loud. I thought we could still have some time alone…you know?”

 

He knew what Woohyun meant, but a part of Sunggyu was relieved, because now they wouldn’t talk about the incident or the kiss. It was so embarrassing to talk about it. Sunggyu could only hope that he had gotten his feelings across to Woohyun. He couldn’t say ‘I love you’ yet, but he knew that the black-haired man was more than just a friend for him. He wouldn’t have chosen a friend as the first person to tell the truth to. Not even his parents knew about it yet, but Woohyun knew now and what could be more important than family? Sunggyu felt the heat rising to his cheeks when he thought about the only answer possible to the question. He shook his head. Stop acting like a teenager in love, Kim Sunggyu, you’re an adult man!

 

“Gyu, are you okay?”

 

The brown-haired man blinked. ‘Yes, I’m sorry. Let’s make the food.’

 

They walked into the kitchen together and while Woohyun prepared everything for the Kimchi Jjigae, Sunggyu tried to fit the groceries into the fridge. “Can you take care of the vegetables when you’re done with unpacking, hyung?”

 

The older man nodded and went next to Woohyun when he was finished with putting the other ingredients away. The younger man was preparing the meat and the tofu. Sunggyu took care of the vegetables meanwhile. It was kind of sad that he couldn’t talk during times like these because his hands were busy with other things, but Woohyun tried his best to keep a conversation going.

 

“Do you like Kimchi Jjigae, Gyu-hyung?” Woohyun asked.

 

Sunggyu shrugged in reply. He had only suggested it because it was the first thing that had come to his mind. His favorite food was still sushi, but he was sure that Woohyun was sick of seeing it by now. The black-haired man had to prepare it every day for his customers. Who would want to make it at home, too?

 

Sunggyu could only be amazed by Woohyun’s cooking skills. The younger moved his knife skillfully and cut the pork into smaller pieces that looked equal in seize and form. Sunggyu looked at his own technique, which had a certain resemblance to wood chopping. He frowned because the pieces looked too big and kind of deformed. Kim Sunggyu, you’re so useless! A bit angry, he kept on chopping the already cut parts of the scallions with more force than necessary.

 

Woohyun watched him from the sidelines. “Sunggyu-hyung, do you have a resentment against vegetables that I don’t know about? Just cut it normally.”

 

The younger man chuckled and Sunggyu pouted. ‘I am cutting it normally. The blade is blunt.’

 

Woohyun took a step back and raised his hands. “Wow, hyung, carefully. Put the knife down before you sign!”

 

Sunggyu put the knife down on the counter and frowned again. Maybe this was a bad idea. I’ve never cooked. I don’t even know what I’m doing. ‘Sorry.’

 

The black-haired man laughed. “It’s okay. Come on, Gyu, I’ll show you how to do it. Cooking is supposed to be fun, you know?”

 

The older man sighed. The only fun part from my perspective is the part when we eat the food. Sunggyu couldn’t help it. He was naturally lazy and working too hard for something made him very tired, the result of seven years of clinging to his bed. But he nodded anyways. He should at least try to do it properly if he felt ashamed of his previous result. He didn’t want Woohyun to like him less just because he couldn’t even chop a stupid onion.

 

Woohyun moved closer to him again and showed him how to hold the knife properly and how to cut. It looked ridiculously easy when Woohyun did it, but in the end Sunggyu would rather rip than cut the parts. The younger man laughed at his attempts. Sunggyu wanted to sign something but that would mean swinging the knife in his hand around again.

 

“Gyu, don’t use too much force. Gently.” Woohyun stepped behind him and put his arms around his waist.

 

The older man froze as Woohyun’s hands touched his own. He could feel Woohyun’s hot breath against his left ear as the other leaned forward to take control of his hand movements. He moved Sunggyu’s hand that held the knife and held the other hand in place. Like that they cut a few pieces and the older man really tried to get a feeling of how he was supposed to chop the vegetables, but it was kind of hard to concentrate because Woohyun was too close to him.

 

“Do you get it now?”

 

Sunggyu nodded, though he was not exactly sure anymore how Woohyun had moved his hands. The younger retreated and Sunggyu let out a deep breath. He could still feel Woohyun’s touch lingering on his skin and once again he was fascinated how close they could get lately without a panic attack. Maybe talking about the incident had really helped him more than he thought, but Sunggyu didn’t know where his limits were. The kitchen for example was a bright and big room - what if Woohyun were to touch him in a smaller, darker room? Sunggyu had no idea. He shivered as he remembered the scene from the park.

 

“Are you okay, Gyu? Did I get too close?” Woohyun asked a little worried.

 

Sunggyu put down the knife with a small smile. ‘It’s fine. Thank you for showing me how to do it.’

 

Woohyun nodded and went back the preparing the seafood. “I’m sorry if I’m too touchy sometimes, hyung. I really don’t want to scare you away. I’m just…so happy, because yo

Please log in to read the full chapter