Getting closer

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Update time~ this time I'm not drunk. Only hungry, but I always post the chapter before I eat. Aren't I the nicest author ever? D:
Thanks to everyone that upvoted, subscribed or commented. Comments make me the happiest xD I always go to sleep a few hours after posting the update and every time I wake up I'm greeted with 'New comments' -> great start for the day! *3*
The chapter title are starting to bother me, so I will change them! (as soon as creativity hits me in the face)
Have fun~ <3
 

 

[WOOHYUN]

 

Woohyun felt incredibly happy right now. Everything seemed perfect. He was inside Sunggyu’s house, sitting at the same table as him, and Mr. Kim treated him like a second son. Talking with Sunggyu was the best of course. At the restaurant, the older man’s mood had been reserved and a bit annoyed, but now Woohyun saw another side of him. The younger man wasn’t sure yet who the real Sunggyu was. Most of the time the other seemed shy and timid, fragile or scared even, but sometimes a stronger personality of him shined through – a man that liked to smile and laugh, maybe nag a bit. Woohyun wondered about the reason for Sunggyu’s behavior and the rules which everyone close to him had to follow. It was surely no pleasant memory that had scarred the older man like that.

 

He was used to touching people and showing affection. These two things were like the gateway to a relationship for him. He didn’t mean to get closer to Sunggyu to get into his pants. The brown-haired man was attractive enough, but Woohyun knew that everything was different with the frightened hamster. He was willing to try for Sunggyu, because he really thought of him as someone special. Every minute they were together, every gesture the other made and every ‘word’ they exchanged amplified Woohyun’s feelings for him. The assistant didn’t believe in love at first sight or fate, but what he felt for the other was different from anything he had felt before. He wanted to be by his side, to know him better and to see what was behind that wall of his.

 

Woohyun knew he couldn’t push the older man, because it would surely distance them. There was probably a rule against urging him to speak. For now, he would try to become Sunggyu’s friend. That meant following the rules and making him happy. He never wanted to see the other man crying again.

 

“What are you guys going to do now?” Mr. Kim asked and Woohyun snapped out of his trance.

 

He looked at Sunggyu who shrugged. “I don’t know. I guess we’re talking until Sunggyu-hyung throws me out?”

 

Truth to be told Woohyun would like to do something more than just sitting in the kitchen and talk, but in theory, this was their first meeting. He kind of knew that Sunggyu wouldn’t go somewhere with him, at least not without his father or someone else he trusted.

 

Mr. Kim rolled his eyes. “Youngsters these days! Why don’t you at least go outside to the garden?”

 

Woohyun turned his head to Sunggyu again, but the older man wasn’t looking at him. He was signing something with swift hand movements. The black-haired man tried to guess what he was saying from his expression, but Sunggyu kept a blank face. He felt left out because he couldn’t understand anything. I really should learn those signs! I can’t help but feel that Sunggyu uses the signs when he doesn’t want me to understand what he says. I mean, he could write it down or not?

 

Sunggyu’s father only smiled at his son. “Why don’t you go first, Sunggyu? I just want to talk to Woohyun for a second - nothing serious.”

 

Father and son engaged in a staring contest. Woohyun had no idea what Sunggyu was so worried about. Mr. Kim was a really nice man and the younger was not scared of having a talk with him. They were on good terms after all! Why would he be worried?

 

“It’s okay! Go ahead, hyung.” Woohyun wanted to shove him out of the room, but then he remembered touching was a no-go.

 

Sunggyu wrote something on an empty page and ripped it off. He pushed the folded paper in Woohyun’s direction before he stood up and left the room. The assistant grabbed the page with a small smile and unfolded it. ‘I’ll see you outside - if you’re still alive that is. Don’t say anything about the restaurant or our meeting yesterday.’

 

Mr. Kim folded his arms and looked at the younger man with a serious expression. “So, you’re friends with Dongwoo?”

 

Woohyun opened his mouth to answer ‘yes’ but hesitated. He was not really a good liar. “I think so?”

 

The other man raised an eyebrow at his reply. “You are not sure? How do you and Dongwoo know each other?”

 

The younger man silently cursed inside. Woohyun racked his brain for a plausible answer. “We...met at the dancing school. He teaches one of the courses I’m taking.”

 

Mr. Kim nodded slowly. “Dance something.”

 

“W-What?” Woohyun suddenly wished he had used another scenario.

 

Sunggyu’s father waved his hand slightly. “No need to feel pressured. I’m just curious what Dongwoo is teaching you guys.”

 

The assistant stood up after a moment of hesitation. Of course Woohyun knew how to dance, at least the basics. People of his age went to the club quite often after all. He couldn’t picture Sunggyu in a club though. Woohyun showed off his best moves, but the missing music and Mr. Kim’s sharp eyes made the situation a bit awkward. He ended the show with a bright smile.

 

“I’m not very good at dancing, but that’s the reason I’m taking classes after all!”

 

The older man suddenly started laughing hard and Woohyun watched him silently. He admitted the dance had been kind of awkward, but definitely not that funny! The assistant felt embarrassed and looked to the ground. Sunggyu, maybe I’ll really die soon…out of embarrassment.

 

Mr. Kim patted his shoulder. “Did anyone ever tell you that you’re a bad liar?”

 

Woohyun stiffened. “N-No, I really am Dongwoo’s friend!”

 

“Dongwoo’s dancing school is for kids, Woohyun. He’s teaching children how to dance. I believe you’re too old to be his student. And I’m not blind. I recognized the box you used to transport your food and I know Dongwoo took my son out to the sushi place yesterday. Why don’t we skip the lies and talk about the truth?” Mr. Kim gave him a reassuring smile.

 

He didn’t know what to say. Woohyun had humiliated himself in front of the man for nothing but his personal amusement and now Mr. Kim was asking for the truth. Sunggyu had told him to keep quiet about their meeting the day before, but what was he supposed to tell Mr. Kim now? He had already failed at his first try on deceiving the older man. Surely, Sunggyu’s father would stop being so nice if Woohyun lied again. The assistant sighed.

 

“I’m working at that restaurant. I met Dongwoo and your son there yesterday, but it’s not a total lie! Dongwoo told me I could come here today!” Woohyun gave him an innocent look.

 

Sunggyu’s father chuckled. “I guessed that much.”

 

His face got serious again. “Did you witness his panic attack?”

 

The assistant nodded carefully. “But I swear I didn’t do anything! I was only worried!”

 

“What did you think when you saw it?”

 

Woohyun blinked. “What I thought?” He paused for a moment. “I-I thought I want to help him. I was shocked at first and I didn’t know what to do to ease his pain, but I wanted to help him.”

 

“So you had pity on him?” Mr. Kim narrowed his eyes.

 

He quickly shook his head. “No! It was not pity. I care for your son, really. I only want to see him happy. I know we’ve barely known each other for a day, but it’s the truth!”

 

Sunggyu’s father looked in the direction of the living room and smiled slightly. “Sorry for testing your sincerity, Woohyun. But take a little advice from this old man. Keep your feelings under control, especially when my wife is here. She will notice the looks you’re giving our son and she is not really fond of...you know…gays. You are welcome here as a friend of Sunggyu’s though. You can go now. He is probably waiting for you already.”

 

Woohyun understood the warning he had just been given. Caring for Sungg

Please log in to read the full chapter