Push & Pull

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Destiny comeback omg omg omg omg D: I wanted to update yesterday (before I get too excited about the album) but I had a terrible headache out of nowhere - -" But now I'm finally done and the woogyu tag gets an update lol (everyone seems to be busy watching the MV and everything haha! I can understand °-°)

Thanks to the new subscribers <3 omg 300+? I never expected so many >_<" I guess numbers come automatically as you write a very long story. Thanks for being here with me guys and staying for so long! I know it's kind of slow, but we're getting faster!

I'm under a bit of time pressure, so it's not proofread yet ;^; I'll edit it later~ ! Don't laugh at my possibly hilarious mistakes haha.

(And thanks for the upvotes asdf T___T <3)
 

 

[WOOHYUN]

 

Woohyun tried to stop his tears, but they just kept coming. He knew his reaction was not the best. He was supposed to be the strong one that Sunggyu could always lean on, but now he was leaning on the older man instead. Imagining the things that Sunggyu must have felt back then ripped his heart apart. He had guessed a part already, but now Woohyun knew why the other man didn’t talk or why his past love for music had died that day. What disturbed him the most was probably the fact that Jaehwa was still running around somewhere in the world without a care after committing such a crime. Did that guy even regret what he had done or had he already forgotten about the younger boy whose life he had destroyed? Woohyun’s heart hurt so much and he knew Sunggyu’s had to be hurting as well. He wanted to take all the pain and transfer it to Jaehwa instead. Sunggyu’s tutor deserved to be in pain, to pay for his crimes. Meanwhile Sunggyu only deserved what had been robbed from him long ago: happiness.

 

He noticed some people staring at them weirdly, but the younger man didn’t care. He only felt a little embarrassed to be seen crying not because he was hugging another man. Sunggyu would probably care though. Woohyun wiped the last of his tears away with his fingers. He made a silent promise to himself and Sunggyu that he wouldn’t cry again no matter what. He would be strong again from now on and protect the brown-haired man in his arms.

 

Now that Woohyun thought about it…they had been hugging for quite a while now and they had even shared a short, but memorable sweet kiss in the office of Mrs. Park. It was a kiss that Woohyun would never forget. Of course it wasn’t his first one, but with Sunggyu everything felt different - kind of special. He yearned to touch those sweet and soft lips again, but he was unsure what their status was now. Did Sunggyu like him in the same way Woohyun did? Was he allowed to kiss him again or would the older man reject him? Woohyun was growing impatient after tasting Sunggyu’s lips for the first time, a totally different feeling than holding his hands or hugging him. He knew he couldn’t push Sunggyu, but he couldn’t stop himself from believing that they had the same feelings for each other. But no one ever abused me like that, what do I know? How can I erase the invisible scars on Sunggyu’s soul?

 

Woohyun took a deep breath and finally released his hold. He stepped backwards and looked at the older man, who seemed a little disappointed at the loss of touch. Sunggyu glanced up to his face and the black-haired man smiled quickly to reassure him that he was alright. “Thank you, hyung. Do you want to go to my house? Myungsoo is not home.”

 

The boy was at Sungyeol’s place again. He always wondered what exactly they were doing there, because Myungsoo used to hate him so much and now they were practically glued together. Sometimes Woohyun thought about checking his younger brother’s phone for information, but Myungsoo was like a hawk - or rather a psychic - when it came to his cellphone. Woohyun only hoped they weren’t having because the boy was too young for that. At least he didn’t have to be scared that Sungyeol could do something bad to Myungsoo. He seemed too childish and…nice, but Sunggyu’s tutor had been nice too at the beginning. Ugh, now I’m starting to doubt people too! No can do, Woohyun! Get a grip!

 

Something hit him against the head and Woohyun snapped from his thoughts. Sunggyu held him the opened notebook in front of his eyes. ‘I should thank you and okay, let’s go.’

 

Woohyun nodded and smiled again. His house was not too far away so they walked home. “Don't forget to write your mom a text or she will come back and kick my .”

 

The older man gave him a small smile before he took out his phone to write the message. Meanwhile Woohyun kept an eye out on their surroundings. He thought about the things they should do next, especially concerning the incident. He didn’t want Sunggyu to get hurt, but it seemed too unfair not to report the whole thing. Woohyun was sure that he wouldn’t be able to find peace before finding the guy that had hurt the elder like that. Maybe they should tell his parents, since they would probably be on Woohyun’s side after hearing about it, but of course the younger knew that he couldn’t tell them behind Sunggyu’s back. He understood why Sunggyu was hesitant to tell them since the incident happened during their party without anyone noticing. It wasn’t his parent’s fault or Sunggyu’s fault. Everything was Jaehwa’s fault, but they would never know his motive or if he regretted his wrongdoings without confronting him. It was frustrating, but Woohyun could guess how hard everything was from Sunggyu’s perspective. He wouldn’t let go of it, but for now he wouldn’t push him.

 

They didn’t talk much on their way to Woohyun’s apartment, mainly because Woohyun didn’t want to talk about their therapy session in the middle of the street where anybody could hear. It was something personal that was supposed to stay between them. The black-haired man opened the door to his apartment and let Sunggyu inside.

 

“Do you want something to drink? Maybe a cup of hot chocolate? Because I could really use one right now.” Woohyun let out a short, nervous laugh.

 

Sunggyu simply nodded. ‘Where’s the bathroom?’

 

He showed the older man where the bathroom was and then he walked into the kitchen to prepare their drinks. Woohyun was kind of glad that Myungsoo wasn’t home, because now they could talk in private without any disturbances. He prepared their drinks and when he was done Woohyun brought them to the living room. Sunggyu seemed to be in the bathroom still. He set the cups on the low table in front of the couch and looked in the direction of the room the other was in. But just as he started to worry the older man left the bathroom. Their eyes met and Woohyun fought the urge to kiss him again.

 

“I was starting to wonder what you were doing in the bathroom.” Woohyun tried to lift the mood with a joke.

 

Sunggyu smiled slightly. ‘I’m okay, really.’

 

They sat down on the couch and the older man didn’t waste any time to taste the self-made hot chocolate. The black-haired man watched him intently. “Does it taste good?”

 

The other man gave him a thumbs up and combined the gesture with his characteristic eye-smile. Woohyun wanted to squish the adorable man in front of him, but he controlled his urges. They were this close, but still he was afraid to reach out for Sunggyu. He didn’t want to scare him away. “Are you feeling better now? I mean…after telling your story to someone. It must’ve been hard to keep it inside you for so long.”

 

Sunggyu shrugged, but his expression seemed a little pained. ‘I don’t know to be honest, but I guess I’m glad you are still here.’

 

For a moment Woohyun wasn’t sure if he had read the signs completely right. He frowned. “Of course I am! Hyung, I already told you how I felt about you. Why would I leave you alone because of that? I really hate that bastard for doing that to you, but I have no reason to hate you.”

 

Woohyun was a little sad that Sunggyu still thought he might leave or betray him. It would be hard to overcome the barrier Sunggyu had built for seven years, he knew that much, but still he had hoped that his feelings had reached the other man. Screw that stupid Jaehwa . I hope a lightning bolt hits him! Several times!

 

The older man gave him a knowing smile. ‘I know, but I was scared that maybe you would change your mind. I’m just-‘

 

Woohyun stared at him with a stern expression. “Hyung, don’t you dare say that you’re not worth it or anything like that. You’re still the same Gyu-hyung as before, a little shy and lazy, but energetic when something interests you. Nothing has changed. I still love you and I’ll say it as often as you need to hear it until you believe me.”

 

Sunggyu blushed at his words and quickly brought his attention back to the mug. “Are you embarrassed, Gyu-hyung? I love it when you blush.”

 

Woohyun moved a little closer and their thighs touched. He knew he shouldn’t, but still he liked how Sunggyu froze at the touch - it was cute. Although the brown-haired man was older than Woohyun he still had an almost childlike charm around him. Maybe because deep inside he was still a young boy with a broken heart, who didn’t have any experience at real love. Woohyun didn’t exactly have a lot of experience in “real” love either. Feeling like this for someone was a first for him too. He treasured Sunggyu more than anything else and he would never let anyone hurt him again.

 

“Do you know what I’m thinking about?” He asked with a low voice.

 

The older man glanced at him for a second, maybe to check his face for indications of what he could think. “I thought about the kiss. Did you…I mean was it okay? Did you like it? I didn’t push you, did I?”

 

Sunggyu avoided looking at him, the warm cup still in his hands and his eyes focused on the depth of the brown liquid. His expression was unreadable, though Woohyun was sure that he didn’t look disgusted. “I just thought the moment felt right, but maybe I was wrong. You were telling us about that guy and then I just-“

 

The brown-haired man suddenly moved and Woohyun stopped talking. Sunggyu put the cup down again and tried to meet his eyes at least for a second. ‘You didn’t kiss me. We kissed.’

 

He made a short pause as he seemed to be hesitant about his next signs. ’I wanted it at that moment.’

 

Woohyun was glad that he used every second of spare time that he had to learn sign language because it was definitely faster than writing things down, but at certain points the signs had limits to what the user could express. There were too ma

Please log in to read the full chapter