Visitors & Invitations

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N:
Yey, I did it D: fast update! Not on the same day sadly, but I did my best since I'll be pretty busy the next days. It's possible that my next update will take until sunday.

Thanks for the 2 upvotes <3 I would appreciate it of course if more people upvote to show their love, but I won't force anymore or make demands ^^ comments are always welcome though!

(I was always trying to write in present tence the whole time lol)
 

 

[SUNGGYU]

 

Sunggyu immediately knew where he was, when he opened his eyes. He couldn’t remember how he had gotten to the hospital or why, but the white rooms were something he would always recognize.

 

“Son, are you awake?” Sunggyu turned his head slightly to look at his father.

 

The brown-haired man blinked weakly. His mind was still cloudy and his whole body felt heavy. He wanted to ask what had happened, but when Sunggyu tried to move his hands a sharp pain made him stop. He grimaced in pain.

 

“Honey, wake up! Sunggyu is awake!” His father nudged his sleeping wife and she nearly fell from her chair in surprise.

 

She came to his bed and caressed his cheek. Meanwhile his father called for a nurse. “My baby, I’m so glad you’re back! Are you in pain anywhere?”

 

Sunggyu raised his hands carefully and she understood. “You cut your hands on the broken glass pieces on the ground. Do you remember what happened?”

 

Memories flooded his mind as he remembered what had happened in the bathroom. He groaned because the headache only worsened with all the pictures in his mind. Sunggyu remembered trying to speak and the panic attack afterwards. Everything after the pills was a big black hole though. His parents probably found him unconscious on the floor with blood on his hands. The brown-haired man nodded slowly because his mother was still waiting for an answer from him. He looked around the room and Sunggyu felt a little disappointed that Woohyun was not there, but his parents had probably not even informed him about the accident. Still he wished that Woohyun were here as well.

 

His father returned with a nurse and Doctor Lee. “Sunggyu, it’s good to see that you’ve woken up. How are you feeling?”

 

Sunggyu shrugged. His body felt heavy, his head hurt and the cuts on his hands burned whenever he tried to move a finger. But he couldn’t exactly tell him that right now, because Sunggyu was practically helpless without his hands. He could only nod or shake his hands or make a certain expression to get his feelings across. While Doctor Lee examined him, the brown-haired man only gave him short reactions. The whole procedure made him sleepy again, but before his consciousness could slip away the doctor gave him a light slap on the wrist. Sunggyu blinked and frowned at him.

 

“Try to stay awake, Sunggyu. You need to eat something to give your body fresh energy. You’ve been asleep for over 24 hours. The meds that you took were sleeping pills. I don’t think it’s necessary but I have to warn you since the overdose of sleeping pills counts as a suicide attempt. Your heart could’ve stopped in your deep sleep and sometimes patients die because they choke on their own vomit. So I have to ask you nevertheless why you took so many of them.”

 

I didn’t try to kill myself…I only wanted those images to stop. He shuddered at Doctor Lee’s words. The thought that he could’ve died scared him. He knew his life wasn’t the best, but Sunggyu would never try to end his life. He was too much of a coward for that.

 

Mrs. Kim sniveled. “My son didn’t attempt to kill himself! He would never do that, right baby?”

 

Sunggyu nodded. It was frustrating somehow that he couldn’t use his hands right now. “I know, Mrs. Kim, but I have to ask just in case. I will leave for now. You should eat something and then you can sleep again. The toxics from the pills will be out of your system soon and I think you can return home tomorrow, Sunggyu. The cuts on your hands aren’t too deep, so they will heal soon enough, but for now don’t move them or the stitches will open. The nurse will help you if you need anything.”

 

The doctor excused himself and the nurse brought him a tablet with food a few minutes later. Sunggyu’s mother insisted that she would feed him since he couldn’t do it with his bandaged hands. Mr. Kim smiled at them. “Oh, I suddenly remembered that we should call your friends. They’ll be happy to know that you’ve woken up. Dongwoo cried even more than your mother.”

 

She shoved a spoon of rice in his mouth and Sunggyu chewed it absent-minded. He was busy observing his father who called Dongwoo’s number. Sunggyu wondered if Woohyun would come as well. Did the younger man know about it or not? He hoped Woohyun didn’t see him in this state after their eventful day together. He knew that the other would be hurt and probably blame himself, but it wasn’t Woohyun’s fault at all.

 

“Yes, Dongwoo, he woke up.”

 

The squeal on the other end of the line was loud enough that everyone in the room could hear it. Sunggyu’s father laughed and hung up. “Dongwoo will be here as fast as possible. Their car was seized by the police so he has to use the bus right now.”

 

Another spoon was shoved into his mouth. Sunggyu was not really feeling hungry, but his mother wouldn’t stop. He wanted to sleep which was probably an after-effect from the sleeping pills, but after Doctor Lee’s little lecture he was kind of scared of closing his eyes. Would he wake up again? There were still traces of the toxic substance in his blood that kept whispering to him to close his eyes and give in to the sleepiness. He pressed his lips tightly together when his mother wanted to feed him some meat. Sunggyu turned his head away and leaned back into the pillow.

 

“Sunggyu, you need to eat it all.” His mother said, but he stubbornly shook his head.

 

He stayed stubborn. The food tasted weird and his stomach didn’t seem to like it very much. Sunggyu stared out of the window. His stay at the hospital felt even worse than usual since he couldn’t talk with his hands. He tried moving his fingers one by one. The movement stretched the skin and the stitches burned every time, but the brown-haired man endured it.

 

“Don’t move your fingers, Sunggyu. The doctor told you to rest them until the injuries are healed.” His father scolded him with a worried expression.

 

Sunggyu stopped and put his hands back into his lap. His mother put the tablet away and sat down on the edge of his bed again. “Be honest with me, baby. You had a panic attack in the bathroom, right? Was it the fault of that guy? He mentioned you already had a small attack in the park. Was it a relapse?”

 

He didn’t know what to say since Sunggyu had no words to talk about the incident at the park. He only knew that it wasn’t Woohyun’s fault. It was just his messed up mind that was at fault. Since his parents knew about the accident at the park that meant Woohyun had probably been at the hospital or they had at least talked with him. Had Sunggyu’s mother pushed the blame on the younger man again? He frowned. Sunggyu decided to just shake his head. The brown-haired man gave her a disappointed look and then he glanced at the television on the other wall.

 

“Honey, let’s wait until he can tell us what happened. Don’t pressure him, he’s still weak.” His father said. The older man the television and gave Sunggyu the remote control. “Let’s grab something to eat, dear. You need some fresh air too.”

 

Sunggyu’s mother didn’t look like she wanted to leave, but Sunggyu ignored her worried glances. “We’ll be back soon, Sunggyu.”

 

He nodded and both of them left. Sunggyu wondered if he was too cold to her, but right now everything was simply a one-sided conversation and he wasn’t exactly fond of her constant accusations. Woohyun loved him – why would he do something like that? But she didn’t know it and it was probably better that way. Sunggyu looked around for his phone since he was only wearing a hospital gown at the moment. It was not on the table and he couldn’t see his clothes anywhere in sight.

 

The brown-haired man huffed and turned back to the television. He switched through the channels and came across that series Hoya and Woohyun liked so much. He had a vague idea what the series was about – after their meeting in the park he had secretly acquired information about ‘School 2013’ – but now that he saw it Sunggyu thought the series was quite violent. He wondered if every high school was like that. Maybe it was a good thing that he had dropped out. While he watched the two protagonists Sunggyu got the impression that this was actually a hidden love story between the two boys. Maybe that was why Hoya and Woohyun liked it so much…

 

Sunggyu watched it for a while - thankfully there were no intimate scenes between the two boys - but the series was definitely good. It was nice to see how the classmates interacted with each other. How the friends supported each other and even ‘enemies’ were not left alone. It was not too sappy and not too dark. Somewhere in between school violence and true friendship. Sunggyu even saw the actor that his friends liked, but he was pretty much the opposite from himself: snarky, violent and pretty rude. Did Woohyun like bad boys like that? Sunggyu was nothing like that bully. Why am I even comparing us?

 

Just when Sunggyu’s eyes closed the door suddenly opened and he snapped awake again. “Hyuuuuuuuu~ng!”

 

The older man smiled weakly at Dongwoo. The blond man rushed to his side and gave him an expectant look. Sunggyu knew he wanted a short hug, but then another person stepped inside. “Sunggyu-hyung!”

 

His smile unconsciously got a little wider and warmer when Woohyun entered the room. The black-haired man had dark circles around his eyes and his hai

Please log in to read the full chapter