10

Frozen Heart

Sehun sat in class, tapping his finger on his desk, waiting for Xiumin to come through the doorway. Class has already started but the teacher hasn't arrived yet. Just then, the doors opened and in came Xiumin. Everyone quieted down. Sehun sighed, relieved. He isn't leaving Xiumin again. Today was enough to make him worry. 

Minseok turned away from where everyone's attention was. He poked Kris for his attention. "Why isn't Luhan back yet?"

Kris smirked at him, "Don't worry, he'll be here in...3....2"

"...1." Luhan ran into class, hair messy, sweat evident and panting. 

"I... made it!" said Luhan, sitting down in his seat.

"Minseok missed you." chuckled Kris.

Luhan raised his brows at Minseok, "W-What?"

Minseok started to get pink. Luckily, the teacher came in so Minseok didn't have to answer Luhan's question.

During class, Luhan who was taking notes, diverted his eyes onto Xiumin. He's fine, right?

 

 

When school ended, Minseok and him said their goodbyes to their friends. Luhan and Minseok walked together to their ride. 

"Minseok." started Luhan.

"Yeah?" Minseok hopes he isn't going to bring up what Kris mentioned earlier.

"Nothing..never mind."

 

 

Xiumin sat on his bed, staring at his knee. He knew it wasn't ordinary to be like this on the inside. He knew he was a bit different than others. No one knew but his parents and Minseok. Instead of understanding and accepting him for the way he is, they chose to hate and beat him. They hid him away from the public and kept him inside as much as possible.

Xiumin covered up his knee with the blanket and laid down. If he had tears, they would've came by now but all he did was stare at the boring ceiling with a clenching pain in his heart.

 

 

At this time, Luhan was having dinner with Minseok and his in laws. His in laws brought up that the two should go shopping tomorrow after school, since Luhan needed more clothes and things for his room. Luhan was flustered and said he didn't need any more clothes, that he was fine with the amount he had packed. As for the things in his room he was satisfied with them. Minseok held his hand and said it was alright, that Minseok wanted to go shopping with Luhan tomorrow and buy him things.

The lovely smile on Minseok's face made Luhan speechless. He didn't know what else to say so he gave in.

 

 

Xiumin fell asleep when Sehun entered the room. He smiled, wiping off the drool around Xiumin's mouth with his handkerchief and fixed the blanket before he stepped out. 

 

 

 

When classes were dismissed and he was waiting for Sehun to pack up their things, Xiumin looked around and his eyes landed on Minseok with Luhan and their friends. He stared at how Minseok laughed while with them. He's never seen his brother laugh like that. His brother doesn't show this side to Xiumin. Luhan whispered something into Minseok's ear, smiling when he backed away and the two stared at each other. Minseok said, "Really?" and they both started laughing. Xiumin doesn't understand what's funny. He doesn't understand what their laughing about. He doesn't understand why they smile at each other like that.

"Okay, Xiumin. I'm all set. Shall we head home now?" said Sehun.

Xiumin nodded, walking on ahead, hearing their laughters behind him.

 

 

That night, Sehun helped Xiumin review his studies. They were going to have tests coming up soon in a few days. Sehun was a good teacher. He made everything so easy to understand. He was better than their tutor who had home schooled them. In the past, whenever the tutor left the house, Xiumin would ask for Sehun's help and Sehun would always help him out without hesitation. 

Sehun would always help him out with what he needed and Xiumin thinks that Sehun is really smart. The tutor wasn't much help because he barely looked at Xiumin. When Xiumin had questions, the tutor would ignore him. It was harder for Xiumin because he couldn't speak so he would sit there, waiting for the lesson to be taught, trying to understand to the best of his ability until the tutor finished. Then, he would ask Sehun for help to understand what they were just taught. Thanks to Sehun, he became the person he is today. He wasn't smart like Sehun, but he was better at understanding things than he used to back then.

 

 

Days passed by smoothly and the day of the tests had passed. It was the next day, before classes started, the scores were posted on the chalkboard. When Xiumin and Sehun had entered, everyone stopped talking. So it was like this again? Everyone ignored him after his first day at school and went on with talking with each other, but now they stopped talking again? Why?

"It seems the test scores have been posted on the board. Shall we go check it out?" said Sehun.

Xiumin walked to the board, followed by Sehun. Xiumin's eyes widened.

"I'm proud of you, Xiumin." said Sehun, smiling at him.

Xiumin was scored at the same place of Sehun. Which was the top. Even above his brother, Minseok.

"Do you think he cheated off of Sehun?"

Xiumin's eyebrows furrowed. Sehun turned around to face the class. "Who said that?!"

No one said anything, acting like they were doing their own things. The door opened entering Luhan and Minseok.

"Don't underestimate Xiumin. I helped him study for the tests! He did it all on his own using his own brain unlike some of y-"

Xiumin held onto Sehun's shoulder. Stop.

"But..."

Xiumin shook his head and walked over to his desk. Sehun narrowed his eyes at the classmates who was now minding their own business, as he followed behind, sitting down in his seat beside Xiumin.

 

 


 

 

URH!

Doesn't it make you angry? 

Some of you may or may not have experienced this in school but I have.

And I'm sorry you have to go through with their untrue words even though you didn't do it.

 

Everyone please don't say mean things about people even if you hate or dislike them.

It's not a nice thing to do and it doesn't make you a good person either.