01

Frozen Heart

Little five year old, Luhan, was accompanying his mother and her friends to the mall. They had just finished shopping, while Luhan was excited to be going home he happily skipped ahead of his mother and her friends. Poor Luhan wasn't watching where he was going as he was only looking back at his mother frantically running after him, with a worried face, that he bumped into something. He fell back onto his bottom. He groaned in pain, tightening his eyes closed, rubbing his bottom as he heard the sound of heels stopping behind him.

"I-I-I'm so very sorry! Please, don't..don't take it out on my son." said his mother, slowly pulling him up by the hand, to stand beside her. The pain was starting to subside that Luhan opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was someone he hasn't seen before.

A boy probably about his age. Pale skin and white hair just like snow. His cheeks and pouty lips were just a tinge of peach pink. His black eyes were on the ground, showing off the visible long, white lashes. 

Luhan's mouth was slightly opened at how different he was from him and every other kid he knew of. His eyes widened when he saw what happened next. The boy's mother pulled him along by hand, somewhat roughly with her as they walked into a nearby black car with tinted windows.

"Mama, do you know that person?" asked Luhan, staring up at his mother.

His mother lightly smiled down at him, "Luhan, if you ever encounter those people again, apologize as much as you can. You don't want to make them angry. They are very important people around here." His mother gently took hold of his hand, "Now, lets go home, shall we?"

Luhan didn't quite understand but maybe when he grows up he would? He took one last glance back at the spot where he saw the boy before looking up at his mother, apologize to her friends for making them wait.

 

 

 

 

Now, at the age of 18, Luhan's parents and him were to attend a dinner at a fancy restaurant. Luhan had agreed to this for his parents sake. His parents had a talk to him about it and he didn't even hesitate. He accepted it right away. It would be for the better and his parents wouldn't have to suffer to earn money. 

Luhan sat beside his mother, who was in between him and his father. They were at a table, in a private room, waiting for whoever it was they were going to meet.

 

After a few minutes, the door opened and in came two people. A man and a woman. They looked rather young, younger than his parents but looks can also fool. They sat down across from his parents. The man across from his father and the woman across from his mother. Luhan had an empty seat across from him. In came servants, placing food on the table. 

The man cleared his throat after taking a few drinks of his water, "So, you have accepted our proposal?"

"Yes." answered Luhan's father.

"I see." said the man, shifting his gaze to Luhan, "You're a good son."

Luhan smiled, "Thank you. My parents really need the money, so I couldn't refuse the offer when it was given."

The man nodded, "Then, you shall get packing when you head back home, son."

"Ah, yes." answered Luhan, looking down at the expensive food on his plate.

 

 

 

The next day....

"Luhan, visit home whenever you can, okay?" said his mother, hugging him tightly.

Luhan smiled while nodding and hugging her back, "I will, mother."

His mother released him and stepped back for her husband. Luhan's father came up to him and gave him a ruffle of the hair and patted his shoulder, "Don't make your mother worry. We love you, Luhan."

Luhan let out a chuckle, "I know, father. I do, too."

The black car drove up to their house and honked, signaling that it was time for Luhan to get in the car. Luhan waved his parents good-bye and stepped into the car.

 

 

 

Luhan, sitting in the back of the car, looked up at the sight of the mansion upon the hilltop. He saw it at a distance while growing up, but now that he was going to live in it, with his partner he doesn't even know of yet, he didn't know what to feel. He remembers a few of the things people said about this place while he was growing up.

"Don't meddle with those on the hilltop. They aren't even people."

"Only rarely do you get to see who lives there. Other than that, it's like no one lives there."

"I heard they even have a hidden child."

"Do you think that maybe they could be hiding a monster or something?"

"They may be suspicious..but you shouldn't let them hear what you say or else."

 

 

It really did look like no one lived here. It felt like it was just Luhan and the driver, as they were walking up to the mansion. Luhan felt like someone was watching him. He looked up at the house and it's windows. In one of the windows he saw something white whisk away. He wasn't sure what it was. He just knew it was something white. He thinned his lips, heart beating fast along with fear arising in him.

The door opened and a tall, brown haired male greeted them with a 90 degree bow. He smiled, "Hello. You must be Luhan. Nice to meet you, I'm Sehun."

Luhan nodded, "Oh, uh, nice to meet you, Sehun."

"May I carry that for you?" asked Sehun, pointing to the duffle bag across Luhan's chest.

Luhan shook his head, "No, it's fine. This is all I have so, I'll just carry it."

Sehun nodded, "Then, I will show you to your room."

 

 

Luhan set down his bag on the bed, looking around the room.

"Please make yourself at home. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call me. My room is down the hall."

"Okay." replied Luhan.

Sehun stepped out, shutting the door behind him.

 

 

Sehun knocked on the door before entering. He took a few steps, then bowed, "Good morning, Xiumin."

Xiumin's eyes shifted up from the floor to Sehun. He slightly smiled. Good morning, Sehun-ah.

 

 

 

 


 

 

YAY!!! I'm feeling good about this update!! ;u;

 

So yep, the story is different now. I hope you liked this update?