Chapter 8

Accidental

Sorry for rushing so much. This is so fail ;A; Next one is the final chapter. Working on it.


It took three days, exactly after three days when Kibum finally snapped. Unable to concentrate with a talkative horse seating beside him, he kicked his seating partner off his chair on the third morning after his arrival. It caused quite a huge commotion in class and left a bewildered Siwon on the floor. Siwon took two minutes and a half to take in what had happened and finally get up from the floor. He ended up spending the rest of the day staring at his partner, still comprehending the incident and soon, his shock turned into amazement.

 

It was undeniable that Kim Kibum was not just someone. He was the only one that treated him like this. It was at times like that when he forget about his mission to make Donghae his again. He had this special guy to focus on first.

 

-

 

No one really noticed the fact that there was no need for the EunHae act to carry on anymore since Siwon really forgotten about Donghae after some time and moved on to pester Kibum. It was so normal for everyone to just see either Donghae or Hyukjae (mostly Donghae nowadays) to initiate a hug just along the corridor every single day. It was slowly becoming more than just an act yet no one realised. Somehow, Sungmin did.

 

-

 

"Hyuk, we never really talked about this before, but what made you care so much about Donghae? I know you said something about him being innocent and such, but why him particularly? You never really showed so much care for Siwon's victim."

 

It was after school on the way home when Sungmin asked the question. It just hit him all of a sudden. Donghae stayed back to complete his science project with his partner, Cho Kyuhyun, that day. Hyukjae was worried when the biology teacher announced that Donghae would be pairing up with Kyuhyun but it seemed like they were just fine. It was almost as though Kyuhyun had taken a liking of Donghae.

 

"Because he's really innocent." If Hyukjae was surprised by the question, he did not show it.

 

"Dude, we have been in each other's life since forever, there has to be a better reason behind all this. You like him don't you?"

 

As though his blush wasn't a big giveaway, Hyukjae let out an indignant huff and said something along the line 'of course I like my friend'. Sungmin didn't ask further because he had already gotten his answer, although not the full one he hoped to get.

 

Sungmin didn't need to know Hyukjae had started liking and took notice of Donghae since the first day they met. It was the most cliché meeting but not exactly love at first sight because he only started crushing on him after meeting Donghae a few more times along the hallway.

 

-

 

"I-I'm sorry, sorry..." Hyukjae met with two dark brown orbs when he looked up at the guy who had knocked him down.

 

Muttering endless sorrys, Donghae pushed the strawberry milk he had actually bought for himself as last minute breakfast that day into Hyukjae's hands and dashed off to one of the class room at the end of the corridor. A smile broke out on Hyukjae's face when he saw the packet of milk in his hands as he stood up from the floor. He could at least pull me up first though, he thought to himself before opening the packet and start sipping on it eagerly.

 

-

 

Since the day Sungmin confirmed Hyukjae's feelings, he had been urging Hyukjae to confess but to no avail.

 

-

 

School break approached faster than anyone realised and soon, all the students were already packing their bags and ready to go home. It was finally the last day of the semester.

 

Hyukjae still didn't confess. He didn't have the courage to do it. He didn't know if he could handle a rejection. He didn't have any experience or hope. Donghae had been treating him as a friend only; there would never be more. Could he risk their friendship now? It was not easy making Donghae open up to him, Sungmin and everyone. What would happen if Donghae doesn't feel the same? Would staying as friends be better? All the insecurity, doubts and hesitation... He had long decided to keep his feelings to himself and it was probably a decision he would never change. It seemed better and he was already happy to be able to get to know Lee Donghae. He just wished to stay by Donghae side, even if it meant that he need to either get rid of his feelings for that wonderful person or just continue hiding his feelings.

 

Hyukjae let out yet another sigh, leaning against the railing of the school's rooftop with a strawberry milk in his hand. His bottom lip was subtly jutting out before he took the straw in his mouth and started sipping again. He wondered if he would be able to see Donghae as much during the holidays and knowing that that was highly impossible just brought his mood down to the lowest notch. He came earlier today since he really needed to do some thinking, leaving Sungmin to be the only one walking to school with Donghae.

 

Kibum had already returned back to England with the two other exchange students, leaving a little over dramtic and devastated Siwon behind. Hyukjae even heard from people that Siwon was planning to visit Kibum in England during the school break. Who would have thought the heartless Kibum can make the school prince so devoted? Maybe Siwon really fell for Kibum or otherwise, it could simply be an infatuation. Nothing major happened between Siwon and Hyukjae since a long while. Enemy or not, it didn't seem to matter anymore. Maybe they had matured over the past few months of senior year.

 

Hyukjae saw how Siwon gave a salute to his squealing fangirls the moment he entered the school gates and took notice of the scowl on Kyuhyun's face when his hand made a move to grab his dumb best friend, preventing him from tripping over a rock while he was saluting to the girls.

 

Or maybe not, he silently added at the back of his head. Hyukjae absentmindedly stared around the school before focusing on the school gates, wondering when Donghae and Sungmin would arrive. They arrived after he finished drinking his fourth packet of strawberry milk. Gathering all the empty packets, Hyukjae made his way down to meet them.

 

-

 

After disposing the four empty packets, Hyukjae made his way to find his friends only to abruptly stop in his tracks. A surge of jealous rushed through him as he witnessed someone kissing Donghae. Wow, first heartbreak. Instead of walking away or running forward to separate the two, Hyukjae stood rooted to the ground and waited for Kyuhyun to finally move away. He could feel a certain aching sensation at his chest and unconsciously tightened his fists.