Chapter 6

Accidental

It's an update. I'm sorry... It's almost a year and most of you must have forgotten about this. I won't be long winded so life has been hectic, I'm currently trying to complete this fic and update the next one after this. (HaeHyuk) This is boring, for those that is bearing with me, thank you :')

 

 


 

“Pretend to be my boyfriend.” Donghae finally managed to say it without stammering, his whole face was slightly painted with a light shade of red. Shisus, kill me already.

 


 

What Hyukjae did next was something no one thought that he would ever do. The whole hallway was filled with silence although no one really took notice of that. He advanced forward to Donghae before planting a kiss on Donghae’s cheek, then whispered, “You should really drop the ‘ssi’ and just call me Hyukjae from now on.”

Right after, the bell rang, indicating that recess was over. Donghae immediately dashed off to class with his head down, not looking at Hyukjae at all. But Hyukjae had already caught a glimpse of his red blushing face and chuckled lightly. Cute, he thought to himself.

 

 

Words spread like fire round the school and it didn’t take long before it reaches the teachers, then the principal. Well, simply everyone. All were shocked as who would have that there would be a day where Lee Hyukjae, one of the school popular king, will be with the used-to-be-school-nerd, Lee Donghae. Well, maybe not everyone was so shocked. There are two exception for sure. 

A certain Kim Heechul was smirking away in the staffroom, sure this was unexpected, but well… He is not Kim Heechul for no reason. If only I was there to see Donghae’s expression, bet it will be priceless! What a pity.

Far far away from the staff room, there’s a classroom. In the classroom, there was a wild horse. There, the wild horse cursed and cursed. This can’t be true! How is it possible?! My Donghae will not choose that monkey face over me! He slammed his table harshly and groaned when he felt pain, at the same time receiving a hiss from the teacher. Well, serve him right for slamming the table.

 

 

The day ended rather fast much to Donghae’s relief. Class was so suffocating, the endless stares received were just too much for him to handle. Seriously, what had Donghae gotten himself in? He quickly got up from his desk and walked out of the class, only to see Hyukjae and Sungmin already there waiting for him. Uh oh- Donghae was sure that his face was already red. The kiss – nah, actually a peck – appeared in his mind again. Why is Hyukjae here?

“Hey Donghae!” Sungmin said enthusiastically upon seeing Donghae while Hyukjae smiled and waved. Great… There goes my escape. While Donghae was still mentally scolding himself, once again, when another person he really wished he wouldn’t see appeared too. Choi Siwon.

“What are you doing here?” Siwon demanded as he shot Hyukjae a glare. Hyukjae didn’t even bother replying him and started walking to Donghae before he was pulled back by Siwon.

“I asked you a question.”Siwon gritted his teeth.

“Didn’t you hear? I’m his boyfriend.” Siwon’s fist would had landed right in Hyukjae’s face if not for Donghae who stepped in just in time.

“Stop. Stop it.” Donghae said softly while he pulled Hyukjae away from Siwon. The unwanted attention they had attracted was bothering him so much that he was starting to shake slightly.

“Hey, Donghae, are you okay?” Hyukjae asked upon seeing Donghae’s pale face and shivering figure, before noticing the number of attention they had attracted. Seeing no response, he carefully lifted his hand to touch Donghae’s cheek, Hyukjae asked, “Do you want to get out of here?” Finally brought back to his senses, Donghae nodded his head softly as he tugged at Hyukjae’s sleeve. Hyukjae saw the small nod Sungmin gave him, then took hold of Donghae’s wrist and pulled him along out of the school while Sungmin and Siwon just looked at each other before Sungmin took off in the opposite direction, wanting to give Hyukjae and Donghae some time alone. 

After all, Donghae looked pretty shaken up and his cousin actually worried so much for someone else. Something new he had yet witnessed in a very long time.

 

 

Hyukjae was looking at the other with concern eyes upon reaching the park nearby and had his hand placed on Donghae's back, hoping to calm him down. He was still puzzled as to why Donghae was shaken up so badly until he realised the fact that the latter was still not used to the attentions he attracted today. He should have realised that earlier. He wasn’t surprise to Donghae on the verge of crying when he turned the latter around but nonetheless started panicking inside. Not fully experiences with handling this kind of situations, he quickly brought Donghae in his arms, thinking that it would give the latter some comfort as he recalled Sungmin once attacked him with a suffocating hug when he(Sungmin) broke up with his now ex-boyfriend, and the hug did manage to calm down afterwards.

It worked in Donghae’s case too. Hyukjae could hear how he had stopped trembling and also saw how Donghae wiped his tears quickly and looked up at Hyukjae(who is slightly taller) with a small smile, before breaking from Hyukjae’s embrace.

"Feeling better now? Do you live near here? Let’s walk home together." Hyukjae proposed, ending the awkwardness between them.

 

It was a five minutes walk for them before they reached Donghae’s house and even though Donghae invited Hyukjae to go in for a while, Hyukjae declined, saying that he needed to rush home before 4 PM and that he would see him again tomorrow morning.

 

When Heechul went back home that night, he started questioning Donghae about the commotion that afternoon. Donghae simply told his step brother everything and came up with an excuse that he was sleepy, escaping his brother before Hechul start saying or asking weird questions.

It was that same night after Donghae went to bed when Heechul picked up a phone call from someone he had yet to see in a long while, telling him that he would be returning and joining Donghae's school for a month for an exchange school programme, also telling him to keep it as a surprise for Donghae.