Chapter 7

Accidental

Smacking myself when I reread the earlier part of this story since I forgotten some parts of it... What crap did I write in the past? /slaps/ Thanks for reading and commenting 8D I will try to reply whenever I can^^

 

 

 

It was that same night after Donghae went to bed when Heechul picked up a phone call from someone he had yet to see in a long while, telling him that he would be returning and joining Donghae's school for a month for an exchange school programme, also telling him to keep it as a surprise for Donghae.

 


 

The next morning, Donghae wasn't expecting Hyukjae and Sungmin to be at the doorstep. Heechul had already went to school earlier that morning and Donghae was sure that Heechul was the one that called for the both of them to walk to school with him. I told you I can take care of myself, hyung. He grumbled inwardly.

 

Exchanging a few hellos and smiles, the trio started walking to school with Sungmin and Hyukjae talking about random stuffs, trying to get Donghae engaged in the conversation. Their friendship had only lasted for one day so far and definitely, slight awkwardness couldn't be avoided for Donghae. Also, he didn't understand what made Hyukjae and Sungmin want to befriend him. Was it pity? He was tempted to ask but ended up keeping the question to himself. Maybe Heechul hyung was the cause, as he knew how intimidating his brother could be at times. Maybe it was him that instructed ths both of them to befriend him. Whatever it was that started this so called friendship, Donghae wished to treasure it for as long as it would last.

 

-

 

Since that day, Hyukjae and Sungmin would always arrive at Donghae's house so that they could walk to school together.. It was convenient for the three of them to walk to school together as they had changed classes again, and surprisingly, the three of them landed in the same class. Sadly, so did Siwon. Kyuhyun, on the other hand, landed in another class as he was taking more subjects compared to Siwon.

 

-

 

Time spent with Sungmin and Hyukjae —mostly Hyukjae— past quickly and Donghae soon adjusted to his 'new' and hectic school life. He was used to the clingy Yoona, and also those that fangirl over his current looks. Most importantly, he was finally able to open up to his two new friends. He don't blush as much now, don't have the habit of always looking at the floor now and was no longer afraid of crowds. The two months changed his whole life totally and Heechul had already left the school as Mr Shin finally returned. Moreover, Donghae had somehow managed to climb up to a rather high rank in the school's hierarchy, which meant that he was no longer the bullies' target and received much respect from his fellow schoolmates.

 

Of course, Siwon wasn't forgotten by anyone. He and Hyukjae still held the position at the top of the hierarchy. He did not stop trying to get Donghae back again, although his playboy career continued. He was as stubborn as a bull and never gave up, claiming that Choi Siwon will always get what he wants. No strings attached, definitely.

 

No one would be surprise to see Siwon walking confidently to Donghae, always trying to get a date with him. While Kyuhyun on the other hand, simply rolled his eyes every time his friend do something ridiculous. He secretly wished that his dumb best friend can find interest in someone else soon, instead of trying to get Donghae, who had shown zero interest in him. Sometimes, he would spot Sungmin leaning against the lockers with an amused smile on his face. And when Sungmin spot him staring, he would raise an eyebrow in Kyuhyun's direction as though saying, 'What are you staring at?'.

 

Mainly because of Siwon, the act continued. It was common for either Donghae or Hyukjae to hug each other randomly, with Sungmin joining in playfully at times. Something people found out about Donghae was that he was a skinship lover. There was no more awkward moments for the fake couple as everything they did started becoming a natural daily routine. They never went as far as a few pecks.

 

Won't it be weird when one day, they just had to stop the act? Especially now that more than half of the school had already started to shipping them as EunHae for real when in the past, many doubted the weird couple.

 

-

 

Both Hyukjae and Sungmin were not expecting to see Donghae chatting excitedly with a guy who was slightly taller than him and had his back facing them when they arrived at the school without going to Donghae's house like normal, since the latter had messaged the both of them about going to school alone. Even with his new found confidence, Donghae was not the kind that would go around chatting so openly with people he was not so close with. They were both sure that they had never seen that guy in school before.

 

Donghae waved at them the moment he spotted his two friends at the school gates, beckoning for them to come. It was then when the guy turned and the two arrivals realised how good looking the said guy was.

 

"Bummie, meet Hyukjae and Sungmin!" Donghae introduced them.

 

"Hi, I'm Kibum. Nice to meet you. I have heard a lot about the both of you from Donghae."

 

The three parties exchanged hand shake before Sungmin asked how he met Donghae and they soon understand that Kibum was Donghae's childhood friend who had just returned back to Korea for an exchange programme his school in England organised for a month together with two other students, which meant that he would be leaving after this semester end (a month later). Donghae was whining for a while, complaining to both Hyukjae and Sungmin how stupid Kibum and his hyung were to hide this matter from him, only telling him this morning which resulted in him rushing to school earlier than normal. That caused Sungmin, Hyukjae and stupid Kibum to be in a fit of laughter, witnessing how childish Donghae can be at times.

 

Coincidentally, Kibum and another of the exchange student would be in the trio's class too. Kibum was direct in expressing his thankfulness for Hyukjae and Sungmin for taking caring of his friend, knowing that Donghae was never someone that was able to open up to people easily.

 

Kibum turned out to be a really friendly person although he gave off some sort of mysterious feeling at first. Being close to Donghae since young, he was also informed about what happened between Donghae and Siwon, and the act that he and Hyukjae were carrying out from Heechul. Hearing about the eventful school life Donghae led, made him really curious who Siwon was. He was really glad that the bullying stopped for his friend.

 

The arrival of the three exchange students were long known by the students, however, no one expected one of them to know Donghae. Thus, Kibum was soon knew by most people.

 

-

 

When lessons started, Mr Shin let the two exchange students introduce themselves, and everyone got to know Kibum and found out that the other student was called Jonas.

 

Kibum and Jonas were later assigned to sit beside Siwon and Kikwang respectively. Kibum gave a thumbs up when Sungmin showed a sympathetic look at him.

 

 

Hi... I'm sorry for fast-forwarding everything as I really hope to complete this fic soon. I guess you can tell what's happening soon? I'm the too-in-love-with-happy-ending kind of person so sorry ouo 1-4-3