Final

Accidental

Sungmin watched Hyukjae's every expression with a teasing smile tugged at the corner of his lips. He was sure that his cousin's focus was only on Donghae and Kyuhyun that he failed to notice him although he was openly leaning against his locker. It was fun to see his cousin jealous because Lee Hyukjae is probably one of the least jealous person he know. He knew exactly what Hyukjae was thinking because he was also the easiest person to read; everything was written on his face.

 

If Hyukjae was to stand at his current position, he would had know how wrong he was. From what Sungmin could see, Kyuhyun was just bending his head slightly to blow of some dirt in Donghae's hair. Or at least, that was what his intention seemed like.

 

He was hoping that this jealously Hyukjae was feeling could somehow give the latter confidence to confess. He didn't want to end up being always stuck with Hyukjae just because his cousin, and also best friend is too timid to confess to his crush. No way was he going to let Hyukjae stay single forever.

 

-

 

Donghae blinked in bemusement when Hyukjae coldly returned his 'hi' and started heading to class. Before he could think further, Sungmin hung his arm around his neck and dragged him to class. For the rest of the day, he could not help but feel as though that Hyukjae was purposely ignoring him. Not knowing what to do, Donghae asked Sungmin if he knew why Hyukjae was acting weird but only ended up getting a frustrated sigh from Sungmin which made him feel worst. What is wrong with everyone today?

 

-

 

As the day continued, Donghae became more and more depressed. He was starting to think that maybe this was the end. Maybe Hyukjae and Sungmin got bored of him and didn’t want to hang out with him anymore. Maybe this was their nicer way of telling him to stop bothering them. It was already the end of class, semester and start of school break.

 

Drowning in his own thoughts, he failed to see Sungmin approaching him until he felt the poke on his cheeks.

 

“Why are you so sad, Hae Hae?” Sungmin asked and embraced him in a friendly hug. He got sick of keeping a watch on Hyukjae. The latter was acting so off and moody. He thought that talking with Donghae would be a much better choice.

 

“You still want to be my friend?” Sungmin would not have heard the question if he was so close to Donghae.

 

“What are you talking about? We have been friends since months ago and you are still asking?” Sungmin asked back with a serious look. Donghae looked guilty and Sungmin finally figured out what was troubling Donghae too the whole day. Last day of school was meant to be a happy day.

 

“We will be friends forever whether or not you like it. I don’t even know what made you think like this in the first place.” Like usual, Sungmin wrapped his arm around Donghae’s neck.

 

“But you guys were ignoring me, especially Hyukjae.”

 

“Sorry! I didn’t hear you just now because I was thinking about something else. Hyukjae, on the other hand, is just being dumb.” Sungmin pointed at Hyukjae who was tagging behind them and gave a shrug. It was when he turned to point at Hyukjae that he realised Hyukjae had been staring at them, or rather Sungmin’s arm, for quite some time. What an idiot. He concluded that seeing his friend act like this was a little too freakish for his liking.

 

Sungmin tested how long Hyukjae could contain his jealousy by hugging Donghae again. Hyukjae suddenly looked enraged and stormed to the toilet. Not knowing what to do, Donghae turned to Sungmin to seek help. This Hyukjae made him so confused. When he saw Sungmin giving him some sort of signal to follow Hyukjae, he did.

 

By the time he reached the toilet, Hyukjae was already washing his hands. “Hyukjae..” He called out hesitantly. He pouted when he received no response. Hyukjae headed for the toilet door without acknowledging Donghae but before he could open it, Donghae stopped him. He turned around and saw Donghae looking at the floor, hand still gripping his wrist.

 

“Do you hate me?” Donghae was using the soft tone just like before they became close. Hyukjae didn’t like to hear Donghae talk that way because he felt like they were strangers. He was shocked when he saw Donghae’s teary eyes.

Donghae didn’t want to doubt their friendship; Sungmin assured him. Hyukjae was just acting too different from the normal caring Hyukjae to this cold Hyukjae.

 

"No, of course I don't. Stop crying." Hyukjae took the initiative to wipe of the tears that were about to roll down. When Donghae still wasn't about to calm down completely, he brought Donghae into his embrace and hugged him tighter than anyone ever did. Just like the time at the park months ago.

 

"Then are you angry at something I did?" Donghae's voice was muffled.

 

No, it's just because you are making it so hard for me to stop falling for you.

 

Hyukjae figured that he must had said that out loud when Donghae abruptly moved away from him. This time, he was the one looking down. Gulping inaudibly, he braced himself for the rejection and thought that maybe he could get away by saying that it was a joke. Hyukjae, however, found Donghae in his arms once again. He could not believe his ears when he heard a faint 'me too'.

 

"What?" He exclaimed in a high pitch voice that sounded a little too girly for a man and pushed Donghae's shoulders lightly to look at him. Donghae gave him a toothless grin and his eyes were practically shining to Hyukjae. This was no joke. Hyukjae felt stupid for not realising that the pecks, hugs and all were nothing but real. They weren't done for pretense but to show Donghae's feelings for him. He couldn't believe he took so long to finally get what he already had all along.

 

-

 

"Can I try something?" Hyukjae lifted one of his hand to cup Donghae's face, leaning closer and never breaking eye contact with Donghae. Seeing that Donghae had no intention of moving away and was not showing any sign of fear, he pressed his lips on Donghae's. He moved against Donghae's lips gently while Donghae wrapped his arms around his neck. The innocent kiss didn't last long as they soon broke apart, faces beet red.

 

The next thing Donghae knew, he was already dragged out of the toilet by Hyukjae and rushing down a familiar street. His house. He wanted to ask Hyukjae to slow down but upon noticing their intertwined hands, he decided to enjoy the sweet yet weird (considering that they were running down the street) moment.

 

They both knew that this was a new start. After they got pass Heechul.

 

-

 

Sungmin stared in utter disbelief as he stared after the two running figures. What awesome friends they are, he thought sarcastically, leaving their friend behind and running off to some place. They didn't even thank him for guarding the toilet and giving them peace to talk. Despite how annoyed he was to be ignored by the two lovebirds (he vowed earlier that he would kill them if they still didn't become one), he was happy for them.

 

"Do I get my chance now?" Sungmin nearly jumped out of his skin when the voice brought him back from his reverie.

 

He purposely clicked his tongue in distaste and hissed, "What do you want Cho Kyuhyun?"

 

"Technically, I was the one that went along with your 'Make Hyuk jealous' plan. Should you not repay me by giving me a date?" Kyuhyun was determined to get his date. And he definitely was not giving up after going through the trouble to make Hyukjae jealous and trying hard to survive when the raven head throw him countless glars throughtout the day. Siwon was too dense to notice. 

 

"I will consider about it." Sungmin immediately turn and walked out off.

 

Digesting the fact that he still had a chance, Kyuhyun ran after Sungmin. "Yah, wait!"

 

The End.

 


I'm sorry for this dumb ending. Thank you to all that spent time to read, comment, upvote. And I apologise to those that stopped reading halfway because the story is just too... ;A; I will try to work on Mature Much soon although the I most likely won't be updating until mid April or even later due to exams. I will try a different style there, I swear. Don't want to ruin that story like how i did with this. And this plot is just cliche to the max.

Thank you guys!

P.S. Happy one-day-earlier birthday, Hyukkie! Tomorroe is a busy day so I decided to post this first.  

P.P.S. Sorry for trolling chapter 8 nn;;