5

The Grumpy Baby

Kyungsoo POV

It had been 15 minutes. 15 minutes since Jongin has been staring at me, or should I say glaring from the living room. I don't understand why though. He gave me those looks as if I've done something really really bad earlier. Have I? Hmmm.

Well.

Previously,

I was just cleaning the kitchen after cooking. Thats what I usually do. So I don't see what the problem is to that. Then I heard someone knocking the front door. WIth that, I placed the towel I was holding earlier on the counter and rushed to the door, not before shouting that I'll get the door. Its what I usually do at home so don't get me wrong. Anyway, it cannot be possible that Jongin would get angry over that either right? Okay so, next I opened the door that revealed atleast 6 good looking guys. As usual, me being the polite person I am, greeted them properly, not wanting to leave any bad impression to these fine handsome young men standing infront of me. I envy Jongin though for having such attractive friends. 

But then one of them began to squeal so hard I almost turn deaf. Whoever that is suddenly came up to me and pinch my cheeks with his pretty fingers. 

I am not so sure what I was supposed to do.

So I just kept quiet while looking at the person infront of me.

He seems familiar. But where? And who?

Wait.

His fingers were still pinching my cheeks though.

“Kyungsoo! Remember me?!” Silence.

“Kyaa you’re so cute now!” Another silence.

“Yah, are you okay?” Silence.

His hands eventually left my cheeks. Oh boy it stings. I continued looking at him in the eye. He really look oddly familiar to me. But I can’t recall. And how does he know my name?

Unknowingly, my hands reached out to his cheeks. 

Until-

"Yah!"  a low husky voice shouts out.

Immediately my hands went back to my sides. I looked down, afraid of what is coming. 

"Yeollie, why so serious honey?" This time, I looked up to face a very tall person I've never met before standing beside the boy with- wait is that eyeliner? Anyways, the one with pretty hands that was pinching my cheeks earlier. Woah, he really looked familiar but where..

"He was going to touch you so obviously I am serious. I can't let anyone touch you. Only me and me." Ah, a protective boyfriend. And a cute couple. 

And so as they began  bickering I did not notice Jongin standing beside me until I heard a groan. 

"Guys stop fighting please. And all of you are late. L A T E I tell ya. Now come in." he started, I could only stand there though, probably looking like an idiot but if I were to leave it'll be disrespectful. I stood at the side, creating space for all of them to move. Is it me or are some of them eyeing me? Anyway after most of them went  in the house, I decided to make my way to the kitchen but then an arm pulled me back. 

"Stay in the kitchen. Dont go out at all. Dont talk to anybody. Unless you want trouble. And. Dont say that you are my babysitter."  He whispered in this sickening whisper which gives me the chills. 

-

Well, after that, I stayed in the kitchen. Just cleaning up, as usual. The only time I went out was when Jongin decided it was lunch time so I had to serve. And after that, all of them went back to the studio at the basement to practice their dance. I am really curious what and how it is going to be. And I am really bored. Then suddenly, the guy with eyeliner and pretty fingers approached me and took me by surprise. Isnt he suppose to be practicing? 

"You really don't remember who I am huh?" I could only nod dumbly.

"Aish," he ruffled his purple hair before continuing, "I'm Byun Baekhyun and you are Do Kyungsoo. We were best friends in middle school before I left to Japan and I know you just by looking at your eyes. SInce you do not recognise me, want to start over and be friends again?" 

With that, it clicked me. Of course! My long lost best friend. He is technically the reason why I don't have friends as much. Not that I'm blaming him. Its just that I am a wallflower and I dont really know how to approach people so well. I nodded and hugged him. Ah I missed him so much.

-

Until-

"Yah Baekhyun" this time, its no low, husky voice. Its Jongin's voice from the basement stairs probably on his way up. 

-

Oh gosh now I knew why he's been glaring at me. I almost broke his rule. I am not allowed to talk to anybody. After almost getting caught for breaking Jongin's rule earlier, I quickly pushed Baekhyun off me and turn back to clean the kitchen, pretending nothing had ever happened. But of course, Baekhyun just had to ruffle my hair before leaving the kitchen and followed Jongin probably to the studio. 

And a moment later, the whole clan came up to the living room. I am still in the kitchen though, with the dumb purple apron. Oh how I hate my life its so embarassing. I hastily took out the apron and placed it neatly at the hanger near the refridgerator. Suddenly, of course Baekhyun have to come to the kitchen but this time, with the guy that has the low voice. Maybe his boyfriend. 

"Yeollie meet my friend Kyungsoo. And stop being mad at him. It's not his fault baby." Yep, positively his boyfriend. 

"Oh hi Kyungsoo! I'm Park Chanyeol but you can call me Chanyeol. Since you're Baekkie's friend, you're officially my friend too! Nice to meet you!" The tall dude held out his hands infront of me. I wanted to take it and shake it but as I see from the corner of my eyes, I spotted Jongin still glaring at me eventhough it seems like his conversation with the other attractive lads were deep. I don't want any punishment from Jongin but I don't want to hurt Baekhyun's friend/boyfriend feelings too. 

But then I remembered. I am here as a babysitter. Not a slave. So obviously I have any rights to do whatever I want, well not really but Jongin have no control of me. 

I then took his hands and shake it, just like what I wanted. I nodded and began introducing myself too. Me, Chanyeol and Baekhyun then began talking. In the kitchen. I am afraid still, to leave the kitchen. Chanyeol is a nice guy, he compliments my cooking and mistook me as the chef but I shook my head no.

"Oh if you're not the chef or the maid, then what are you doing here in the Kim's Mansion?" Well, what caught me off guard. I cant possibly be telling them I am Jongin's babysitter right? Its not cool and of course I have to take care of Jongin's reputation here too.

"Well uh.. I um.. I am.. um-

"He's Jongin's boyfriend." Someone else whom is approaching the kitchen cut me off . I was going to heave a sigh of relief when I realised what the dude with pink hair was saying earlier.

"Boyfriend?! No no no no ani I am not no never!" Quickly, I replied to avoid misunderstandings. I dont want to get to Jongin's bad side too. Not only did I broke his rule, I'll ashamed him more and that can make him feel more angry towards me. 

"Well then, what are you doing here?" Curses you pink hair dude. I have to admit I need Jongin right now. It looks like all eyes were on me. What should I say? 

"As I was going to say earlier, I am... um.. uh.. Jongin.. ah um-

Again, I got cut off. But this time, it brought everyone in the house a shock.

"He's my boyfriend," says Kim Jongin ever so loudly yet calmly. Since when was he standing at the kitchen entrance? 

I looked at him, hoping for a teasing smirk, or waiting for a loud 'Ha I'm just joking guys' but no, there's none. All that was shown on his face was a gentle smile. 

What? 

 

----------

A/N 

in case you guys doesnt know, the living room, dining room, kitchen and the basement stairs were all combined. 

Ah whatever just imagine it alright. 

And its exo fourth win today! Congrats to my  our babies! I am really proud of them. Finally they are known to the world. Haha ok I should shut up now. 

xoxo.