4

The Grumpy Baby

Jongin POV

I lied on the cold floor, my arms stretching out. My chest heaved up and down as I breathed deeply, taking all the free oxygen available, filling my lungs completely. To say I wasn’t tired was obviously a lie. What have I been doing you asked? I’ve been practicing. For the dance competition that is coming soon. I’ve been practicing for the past 45 minutes without any break or rest but when you feel your legs finally wanting to give up, you know you have no choice. Curses. My dance crew or should I say teammates aren’t even here yet when they should for the past 1 hour. Goddamnit. I’m so tired. But I can’t stop here just yet. I knew my mum would nag and nag and nag when she saw me in this state. But my mum’s not here. Only that little guy. Even the maids and all are having their day off today and with that, I knew it’s the right time to ask all my teammates to come over to practice.

Basically, this upcoming dance competition is really really important to everyone, to be very honest. It determines one future and success. It is because a few entertainment companies representative such as SM might come over to watch the fellow dancers, like me and they shall pick the one with potential to try out for their company. I remembered how Taemin hyung’s dance crew almost made it last competition but as you all know, Jongin’s dance crew is the best so we won and receive first place afterall. But that does not stop us from practicing and working harder day by day.

And as you can see now, I’m all alone in this studio which beforehand is our house aka mansion’s basement. Mum decided to renovate and changing it to a dance studio for me. I sigh heavily and ruffled my hair. Where are they? Don’t tell me they actually ditched me for their boyfriends.

I dragged myself to the side of the studio and took my phone. I then called Yixing.

*ring* *ring*

Pick it up unicorn.

*ring* *ring* *ri-

“What.” Well what a friend.

“Where are you Xing and the rest? You guys are horribly late.”

I heard shuffling.

“Oh crap!”

Ah he must’ve checked his watched.

“Sorry Jongin! We lost track of time. Mianhae! We were with our boyfriends and totally forgotten about it.” I knew it. Sigh.

“Whatever. Be here by 15 or else. And don’t forget snacks.”

Without hearing any answer, I hung up the call and rolled my eyes.

I then looked around the empty studio, it’s getting boring here. Then I heard a grumble. Its my pitiful stomach. I’m hungry.

I stood up and walked towards the staircase upstairs leading to the living room and the kitchen counter. As I reached the living room, I heard someone singing. And to say that I was not mesmerized with the voice is a lie.

-

The singing stopped. I groaned as I wanted to hear more.

“Oh hi Jongin!” I opened my eyes which I didn’t know I closed it in the first place.

And there it was the source of the beautiful melodious yet strong voice. The adorably short boy with doe like eyes which I have been taking interest to since the spaghetti incident. But with me being the grumpy person I am, I ignored those feelings thinking to myself that it was just a normal thing people feel for adorable people. There he was, with pastel light purple apron on his small body with a type of kitchen utensil I don’t really care about on his hand, looking at me so intensely I suddenly felt so self-conscious and nervous.

He then went back into the kitchen, probably to turn off what he was cooking earlier and came back out to walk towards me. I was stunned. The fact that this shorty with purple apron on walking oh so ily towards me make me feel more nervous than was I was before.

I don’t know why I haven’t even started to move away yet. It was like as if I was glued to the floor.

I closed my eyes as I heard his footsteps approaching. I opened my eyes again and there he is, exactly just in front of me looking at me with those doe huge eyes. His hands suddenly reached out. Omgosh what is he gonna do. Is he going to slap me? Oh no no what have I’ve done to him? No, not my face. Again, I felt as if I was glued to the floor, unable to move. And again, I closed my eyes, preparing for the pain.

All I got was a gentle touch on the forehead. I opened my eyes again, this time, I caught a glimpse of his face that was obviously full of concern. Huh?

His hands then left my forehead and he heaved a sigh of relief.

“Oh gosh Jongin I thought you were sick or something. You were all so sweaty and the fact that you didn’t even reply me or just standing here not doing anything makes me worry. Gwaenchana Jongin-ah?”

Oh. So that’s what.

Thinking that it’s rude not to reply, I merely nod. And again, he gave me that dazzling wonderful smile that could light up the whole town.

*dukk* *dukk*

Ah what is wrong with my heart lately? It keeps beating fast whenever I’m around him. Don’t tell me …? No, it’s not possible. But is it?

“Anyway Jongin-ah I cooked your favourite today and I cooked extra in case you’ve ask your friends to come over today,” he then gave me that smile, again and again.

I gave him a nod and a small smile too, since he has been so kind enough to cook extra and cooking my favourite. As if that is what satisfied him, he left to the kitchen.

I stayed on the spot for a good full 30 seconds before stepping out of the reverie to the living room, waiting for my teammates. Ah, where are they?

I simply laid on the couch, waiting for them to knock the door. And yes, after approximately 2 minutes and a half, they’ve arrived.

Finally.

“I’ll get it!” Kyungsoo shouted from the kitchen and ran to the front door.

I chuckled. How cute. I lift myself up and sat on the couch instead.

I then heard a few talking then a squeal then came a shriek. I furrowed my eyebrows in worry and made my way to the door. What I saw suddenly made me feel something I’ve never felt before. Anger? Jealousy? I don't know. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N jungg junggg junnggggggggg okay what. Ah here it is! Sorry for the long wait dear subbies and readers. You may kill me! I had uh.. a problem? Yeah honestly I had a writers block and all but yeah. Anyway sorry if this chappie isnt what you've been expecting and all but then urgh whatever just enjoy it okay? Please comment and subscribe. And those who've been waiting for this long, I'll give you a kaisoo 

 

enjoy your kaisoo! I love you guys okay? Haha not joking but not being creepy either. And yeah, please comment and if you've any problems with my story or any ideas for the next chapter, I may consider it. :D 

xoxo saranghaeyo