You're My Safety

Seclusion

 

Tom Law - You're My Safety

I remember living out my dreams with you...

...I need you back to be mine forever

 


 

The past days had crawled by painfully slowly. The only distractions for Mingyu were the rehearsals for the other concerts. They could never get too perfect on stage. Every once in a while he would still go somewhere with his bandmates, buying midnight snack on the street or playing videogames. But mainly he stayed alone in his apartment.

He had told Wonwoo, Jisoo and Hansol not to tell any of the others about Jaehwa having left him. Mingyu didn’t want their pity. He just wanted her to come back.

But she didn’t.

And it was time for them to actually depart, meaning they would be gone for a bit more than a month. They had a lot of concerts in that time, nearly every day, but they had gotten used to busy tiring schedules.

Mingyu pulled out a big suitcase from underneath his bed. He opened it and turned around to his opened wardrobe to think about what he might need. Summer had nearly arrived, so it would be very warm in most countries they would visit. Randomly he pulled clothes out of his closet, looked at them and then put most of them into the suitcase. He didn’t have to worry about the weight or amount of his luggage, since the company paid for it.

For a while he walked around his apartment and looked into a few drawers and occasionally decided he would take some of their content with him around the world. The last one he opened was the one in his side table next to his bed, since he knew, he would find the most things related to Jaehwa in there. Stacks of photos, they never hung up anywhere, postcards she had sent him when she was gone, little presents…slowly Mingyu looked through the more recent ones, that were lying on top, re-living all those moments.

He found one, he took of her at the airport when she had left for a dance workshop. She had always played a song called “You’re My Safety” by a guy called Tom Law on repeat when one of them had to leave somewhere for most of the day. Just like then. She tried to smile for the picture, but he could see the sadness about her departure in her eyes. Having the same look on her face she now would have looked at him and the song would have been playing since the early morning hours.

Mingyu put the photos aside and took his laptop out again, searching for the song and listening to it. It really was simplicity at its finest, just the guitar and the soft, but desperate voice of the singer. As the last notes faded, Mingyu hit the replay button.

Reluctantly he stored all the pictures inside his drawer again, but pulled out a bracelet, he had gotten from her really early in their relationship. He had worn this all the time until it had started to break and he had to get it fixed. It had taken about a month until he was able to pick it up again from the jeweler and ever since he hadn’t worn it once. Mingyu put it on and thought of the first time he had to leave for a little longer in his relationship with Jaehwa, when he had first heard the song, coming from the speakers next to him. She had given him a book at the airport, disguised as a fan, but when he opened it later, he had found the bracelet inside. He smiled at the thought of that.

Someone knocked on the door and Mingyu got up to see who it was. Doyoon, wearing a wide smile on his face, was standing in the doorframe, a suitcase behind him.

“Manager-hyung just called us to gather you all. He’s waiting downstairs” He said happily, his Busan accent still slightly seeping though if you listened carefully.

“I’ll be right there.” Mingyu replied with a smile, closing the door again, storing his laptop inside his backpack and closing his suitcase. After checking quickly again whether or not he forgot something, he left his apartment and saw Seungcheol, who was waiting at Samuel and Dongjin’s room for them to open their door.

“Just call them, they’ll probably react to that.” Mingyu said while walking past him.

It probably took another hour until finally all of them had gathered on the ground level and split up on the cars to get to the airport. It was late at night, so they had hoped not so many fans would be waiting for them there. It was still less than normally, but still enough to already have the security waiting at the entrance, trying to hold back the girls with presents, signs, phones and cameras in their hands. As soon as they saw the vans arrive, they started jumping and even though it was still quite far and all the windows were closed you could already hear their screaming.

Mingyu didn’t mind them wanting to see them, but all the screaming and staying up till the middle of the night and sometimes really putting themselves in danger really wasn’t what he wanted for his fans. But there have always been people being a bit too over-excited for someone.

As the van stopped, people started knocking at the windows and you could hear some of the words they were screaming. As the door opened Mingyu and his fellow bandmates, were overwhelmed by an incredibly loud mix of voices. Quickly the guys in front of him got out and as Mingyu hopped out the car, he smiled widely and hurried towards the entrance while quickly trying to look at all the fans with a wide smile on his face. They may be a bit too much at times, but they had wanted to see him, and he should at least show them that he was happy they were supporting him, even if it was just a smile. It didn’t take long to board the plane for them, which was one of the advantages of being a celebrity. Their managers took care of the entire luggage, so they didn’t have to worry about that.

The flight to Tokyo was about two hours long, and flying so late at night, at some point Mingyu fell asleep. A little before they landed again, he was woken up by one of the stewardesses. Safely they arrived at the airport and checked in and as it was around 3 in the morning, there was only a handful of fans greeting them at the airport, so it was rather relaxed.

Multiple cabs took Mingyu and the rest of his band to the hotel, where they immediately went to the rooms, they had split up to beforehand. He felt as if he fell asleep the second his head hit the pillow.

The manager woke him up again around noon and around an hour later everyone was on their way to the concert hall. He was in the same car as Jisoo again and asked him whether they could change their song again. Jisoo just nodded and as soon as they arrived he started practicing again. He was a very caring person, that was what Mingyu liked most about him.

The afternoon just sort of went by. Everything went similar to their first concert, just the rooms were different and everyone tried to talk a little in Japanese backstage and almost every thirty second you could hear Soonyoung yelling at someone for saying something wrong. He was the best at Japanese out of them after all.

It was a buzz every time to go on stage again and as Mingyu walked along the hallways, he thought about how Jaehwa would be sitting in their apartment now, looking at the clock on the wall every few minutes, wondering whether he was performing already, or what song he was singing. She had told him, she always did that, whenever he gone for a pre-recording of a show or something similar.

He tried to push the thought of her away though, as soon as he reached his spot under the stage again until it was time for him and Jisoo to perform again.

He had to sign on his own, since Jisoo hadn’t managed to learn all the words in such a short word and it was nerve wrecking. Because he had never done that before and he didn’t want to disappoint the fans with singing out of tune, and not wanting to let Jaehwa down, not being good enough to cover a song, that meant so much to her and also to him.

Though as he sat in his spotlight again and hit the first notes, all that pressure just disappeared. He remembered the last time she had left him for a while and not just a little while. She had gone on tour with Mingyu’s sunbaes of Secret for a tour then and she was gone for a whole month. Despite all their trying to cover up their relationship, she had decided to kiss him at the airport. It had been a bit of a shock at first, but somehow it had also been exciting. What if the people found out it was him? What if the press had gone crazy about them? What if they both would have gotten fired and had to flee to the countryside in another state together, so they would be able to live peaceful lives? Such ridiculous thoughts had gone through his mind back then. But having to let go of Jaehwa had gotten even harder then. He had waited at the airport until her plane had left. And he had cried. It had been the first time he had cried over someone leaving him, even though he had known it was only temporarily. For real. Because this time he wasn’t so sure about her coming back again. 

He tried to fight it as good as possible, but still a tear escaped his eye, as he sang the last chorus, to which the fans started screaming again.

The lights went out, as the last chord from Jisoo’s guitar faded and he hurried off stage with him.

“Are you okay?” Jisoo asked, as Mingyu quickly wiped away the tear. He nodded and continued on with the show.

When the concert was wrapped up, not one of Mingyu’s bandmates wanted to party. Most of them already had experienced how painful it was having to perform with a hangover and didn’t want to go through that, since they had another concert the next day.

Arriving at the hotel, Mingyu headed for his bed immediately again. Sleep would distract him from his thoughts for a while.

 


 

AN: I know this update is very late again, but the past 2 weeks, I have been incredibly busy. Also I started writing another fanfic, so tell me if you're interested in reading it ^-^