Monday Morning

Strangers Talk

I've been practicing this stiff smile in front of the mirror all through out the weekends.

"Hey."

Even my voice sounds really stiff. Even my smile looks too tight.

In the morning when my mom dropped me on the gates, I saw jongin who has this... grim face? Well, he was looking down so i couldn't tell but as soon as he looks up, I think he saw me and I ran.

 


 

". Why did I ran?" I asked myself as I drop my bag on the floor in front of my locker and trying to get all of the oxygen I could gather.

"You okay?" I heared Chanyeol asks.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I looked around and there was no sign of Baekhyun. "Where's Baek?" Chanyeol looks grim and I think I know why.

"They've found out?"

"Kyungsoo!" and then Chanyeol took me to a giant troll hug. Yes. Chanyeol is a troll.

He was wailing and spreading ewwie snots over the sleeves of my shirt. I was stiff for a moment where in I don't know what I should do, but of course I know. I remember how Jongin places his hands on my back and rub small circles. I imitate and Chanyeol seems to calm down for a bit and started to untangle himself from me and rubs the back of his hand under his nose.

"Thanks Kyung."

 


 

Society is harsh. and Baekhyun's parents is parts of that society. They condemn how bad same- relationship is. Or in church they call it Blasphemy. A sin to which they say you will go to hell.

But...

Is it bad to fall in love?

The only sin that they've greatly committed is falling in love...

 


 

I can see Jongin from afar. It's my first time meeting, or rather, seeing him at the corridor. I quickly turn my back and pretended that's I'm busy with my locker.

"Oh, it's that Kim Jongin kid."

"You know him?" I asked Chanyeol, who is wiping his snots with his handkerchief, to which I remembered that I also need to wash and return Jongin's.

"Not personally, no. I just heard rumors about him. Like he's being paid for ."

"Paid for what?" my voice got its volume out of control and Chanyeol immediately pull me to the side where nobody can hear us.

"You know, ion!" he whispered in his deep voice.

"For what?" I asked.

"I don't know," He shrugged. "Maybe for cracks? weeds? or pots?"

I juts can't imagine Jongin doing cracks. I know he has a goofy smile but its not from smoking weeds, that I can be sure. His smile is too innocent, too genuine just to be said its from cracks.

But stil... selling for money... that one's... true.