Thursday

Strangers Talk

Every person wears a mask to hide what they truly feel.

Like how Baekhyun hides his sadness every time he sees Chanyeol or whenever Chanyeol sees Baekhyun being picked up by his mom after school to make sure he isn’t seeing Chanyeol anymore.

It’s a very cruel world that we’re living in.

A world where in society dictates how we should move. And anyone who doesn’t follow will be called a traitor.

 


 

“I want to do something for them.” I muttered.

“For who?” Jongin, who was busy poppin’ on the other side, asked.

“For my friends. Chanyeol and Baekhyun. I want them to be happy even for a moment, I want them to be together.”

“Got any plans?”

“I am thinking…”

Jongin and I wereknow under the tree, sitting side by side and staring blankly. Or maybe its just me who’s staring blankly while Jongin looks like he’s really thinking hard. And I guess I like this Jongin who’s in deep thought…

Stop it Kyungsoo. Stop it. You are not attracted to him. You just like his smile. Just the smile.

“Ah!” Jongin said a bit loud that made me jump a bit and made my thought about him being attractive diminish.

“What?” I asked.

“Okay, listen to this…”

Jongin shared his idea by whispering through my ear even though its just the two of us there and there won’t be any bacon and eggs spying around us.

I was nodding as he brief me through it and muttered some responses,

“Hm… yeah… we could do that…”

 


 

The plan is supposed to be next week but we ended up doing everything the next day due to the excited puppy named Kim Jongin who you see that imaginary puppy tail in his back. Since it was his plan he was a bit excited. That a low note, not a bit excited, it’s supposed to be super-duper excited.

We ended up not hanging around the whole afternoon, instead we gathered all of the stuffs we need for next week.

We get to borrow some old Christmas lights from Jongin’s part-time job, a table and two chairs from the old shack behind school, brought some small candles, and deflated balloons.

“Okay. Now what’s left is the menu set. Any idea on how to cook and what to cook?” Jongin asks.

We were hanging in a convenience store which is open 24 hours and the time is 8:25 in the evening. I already told my mom that I’ll be late so I’m all good. I was munching on a donut covered with sugar glaze. I swallowed before opening my mouth.

“Uhm… I can make bibimbap and kimbap…”

“well, that good. But how bout any specialties? Hm?” Jongin leaned forward with his arms crossed on the table and his head leaning to the side.

“well…” I rub the back of my neck because I’m not really confident in opening my deep dark secret recipe. “I’ve been experimenting on spaghetti with kimchi.”

I was waiting for him to burst out with laughter on how awful that sounds. Spaghetti with kimchi.

“Okay. Kimchi spaghetti it is.”

Kimchi spaghetti.

I’ve been cooking that for 2 years now and the only one who had tasted it are Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Mom and Dad. But never have I given it a name. I just call it spaghetti with kimchi or kimchi with spaghetti. Yet, without having a taste of it or a look of it, Jongin gave it a name.

Kimchi spaghetti... Kimchi spaghetti…