Fri-date

Strangers Talk

The next day. Which is THE DAY. The two of them, Chanyeol and Baekhyun, are both clueless to what me and Jongin had planned. I approached Baekhyun and asked him to go for an overnight at my house so we could do some schoolwork together. Since I’ve been a long time friend, I know Mrs.Byun wouldn’t mind. As for Chanyeol, I can just call him 15 minutes before, tell him that I have an emergency and that he needs to come or else I would die… or something like that.

“Kyung, where are we going?” Baekhyun’s hands were in front of him, touching the nothingness of the thin air.

“Well, I need your opinion about this art but I want to surprise you so we need to hide those eyes of yours.” I just led him to the spot where I needed him to be.

Walking through the asphalt of the playground, a way that was led by the small candles that was lit by Jongin and me. By the time Baekhyun and I stopped walking, Chanyeol came, panting hard.

“K-kyung,” he was trying to catch his breath. “Jongin said you’re here. Is everything fi―” Chanyeol’s eyes just couldn’t get wider anymore at that time. Jongin had started the lights and I’ve removed Baekhyun’s blindfold.

“Yeol?”

“Baek.” Chanyeol was breathless still. But I’m not guilty that I lied to him.

I took a step back and appreciate my masterpiece. No. it was mine and Jongin’s masterpiece.

The Christmas lights were wrapped around the metals of the playground, around the swing, and all over the monkey bars and slide. The candle leading the way there in the middle where they surround the old chairs and tables. I was mesmerizing on the side then Jongin come to join me.

“You did a great job, Kyungsoo.”

“No,” I corrected him. “We did a great job, Jongin.”

“Okay. Now I think we need to get working.” He handed me a black bowtie.

“Do I really need to place that on my neck?”

“No. you can place it on your head and imitate Minnie Mouse.”

“Hahaha.” I laughed sarcastically-monotonously. “Very funny Jongin.”

“Just kidding, Kyungsoo. You know I like you right?”

“Yeah, right.” I scoffed off and walked to the tray of dish I’ve prepared, leaving Jongin who has that goofy smile on his face.

_____

“Good evening, Sir and Sir. Our menu set for this evening is made by our adorable Chef Do Kyungsoo. A bibimbap, kimbap, galbi, and the Chef’s specialty, Kimchi Spaghetti!”

I was holding the cart where the dishes are, while Jongin places them neatly over the table.

“Please enjoy the night!” then we left them to be alone.

Jongin didn’t know but I cooked us an extra set of the menu course. Well, I wouldn’t want us ro starve to death while watching them eat. I lay a blanket under “our” tree and placed the lunchboxes, or rather dinner boxes,  over. Jongin is sill watching them. He looks really happy.

“Let’s eat!” I called Jongin who is now grinning.

“Huh?” he stopped grinning and turned around with a surprise look.

“I packed us some extras. It’ll be unfair if they’re the only ones who get to eat.”

“Oh. Thanks Kyungsoo.”

I handed him the chopstick as he sat down and cross his legs.

“Hmm…” he took a whiff of the food.

“What?”

“I never thought that I’d get to taste a food you’ve cooked. Then he pointed to the box where the spaghetti is/ “especially this uniquely, weird kimchi spaghetti.”

“What!? Weird? My kimchi spaghetti is weird?” I placed my chopsticks down and took the box of the spaghetti. “Well, I don’t think you should eat this ‘weird’ food.” I was just kidding and then panic rose across Jongin’s face.

“Oh my god, kyungsoo! You know I’m sorry right?”

I didn’t reply to him as I turn on my back. I know he’s panicking now as I hold on to the box of spaghetti.

“Hey…” he tugged on my sleeves.

“Hey…” he poked me on the side which made me jump a bit.

“Hey…” his hot breath brushed on my ear making it beet red.

“Y-yah! Stop it!” I turned around and then he immediately too the food from me.

He was showing me that stupid grin. And… I like that stupid grin.

_____

“Soo,” I heard Baek called, who is supposed to be sleeping on the floor, beside the bed.

“Yep?”

“Thank you for today.”

“Welcome.” I was a bit tired because of the preparations that we did, so I answered him lazily with my eyes closed.

“You know…” he continued on, but I’m just really tired to pay him my full attention. “Jongin isn’t really a bad guy. He looks really awesome.”

“Hmm…”

“Plus, he has this cool character, making people like him easily.”

“Hmm…”

“Plus he has this really y . If I’m not in love with Chanyeol and single, I’d definitely hit on him.”

“Hmm…”

“He must be able. So you guys had already?”

That got me up from my bed. “No, Baek. Jongin is just a friend.”

“Isn’t there what we call ‘friends with benefits.’”

“Baek, I’m prude remember? Plus I don’t swing that way.”

“What way?”

“you know… two guys…”

“But it looks like to me, you really like him.”

“As a friend.”

“More than.”

“No.”

“Not even a bit?”

“No.”

“Even if he “likes” you?”

That got me thinking, does Jongin likes me? I mean even just as a friend. He’s my friend now right?

“No. he doesn’t “like” me, Baek.”

“What if he offers you his body?”

“No. I can’t even imagine myself agreeing on that stuff.”

“Ooohhhh… don’t say stuffs that you’ll regret later.”

“I don’t regret anything.”

“As always, Soo. As always.”