Wednesday

Strangers Talk

"Hey," he said.

"Hey," I replied.

It's just the third time we're meeting and yet it seems like I've now been overly familiar to his voice and smile. The gracefulness that he has when he sits beside me and the chocolate brown spheres that's been looking at me for two days. And that I've been neglecting Sophie for a minute just to stare at this boy. I'm sorry Sophie.

"How was class?" he asks.

"It was okay. and boring." I paused before I added. "You?"

He seems surprised but then he gave me one of his heart-warming smiles.

"It was great!"

 

We ended up with me, not touching Sophie, and him, telling me a story about how this Chinese student named Yixing was sleeping all through out the class and that the teacher threw an eraser at him and got up with chalks on his hair, making him look like a gramp. It wasn't really funny but since it's my first time seeing Jongin laugh innocently, it was kind of infectious that that i also laughed along with him.

another fact that I learned from him is that, Jongin has this really tan skin which makes him look different but I find it attractive to which I told him.

"Yeah? Others think so too..." he became quiet after that. Is it that bad that I mentioned the color of his skin.

"So, Kyungsoo, you haven't touched 'that'." He pointed to Sophie.

"It's not 'that'. Her name is Sophie."

"Sophie?"

"Yeah. I gave her a name. It's like we have this bond between the both of us."

"Like Howl's moving castle Sophie?"

"Yeah, like Howl's moving- what!? you've watched that too?"

He snorts and said, "Who doesn't? I'm a Ghibili fan."

"No kidding? Me too!"

 

The day ends with us discussing other Japanese anime movies.

 

"Have you watched 'The girl who leaped through time'?"

"Not yet. Is it good?"

He places both of his hands on my shoulder and said, "Dude, you just missed half of your life!"

With that, he convinces me to watching it with him at the library next time.

"So, See you tomorrow?" He said.

"Yeah, tomorrow."

"Same time?"

"Yeah. Same time."

"Nice meeting you, Do Kyungsoo." He held out his hand and I took it.

"Same with you, Kim Jongin."

 

Today was like the first day that we've really introduced each other. And it feels like Me and Jongin can be really good buddies. I hope.