Monday

Strangers Talk

 

Remember

A reminder

A recorder

A memento

Or

Merely just a memory

People want to be remembered. In both memories of good and bad. Happy or sad. Because at least they are still remembered.

Like a boy pulling the hair of a girl he likes, so at the end of the day the girl would remember him whenever she saw him and thinks,

“Ah, that’s the boy who pulled my hair.”

Even if the memory or the moment is fairly insignificant, still she remembers.

 

___

[Monday]

I am not one of those whom you could see as someone “memorable” I’m rather someone who isn’t noticeable. Not that I really cared.

“Hey.”

Someone called and I looked up from my sketch pad to my friend who is giddily making his way over.

I’ve known Byun Baekhyun for 4 or 5 or 6 years already. And following behind was his giant of a boyfriend named Park Chanyeol, whose tallness amazes me along with the deep voice yet stuck into having a baby face. Baekhyun, as always, lookd at me with worried eyes.

“I know that look. Stop it.”

“But Soo –“

“No.” I said. “And I’ve told you I’m fine.”

“I don’t think you should press on Kyungsoo much Baek.” Chanyeol added. “But still Kyungsoo, you should at least try making friends if not dating.”

“Why do I need more friends? I have you and Baek and that’s enough.”

I went back to scribbling to my pad and I know that they’re looking at each other then looks at me.

 ___

 After 6th period, I went to the back of the school where I would always hangout with my best friend, Sophie. She has this colorful cover and pristine white sheets– yeah, I’m talking about my sketch pad.

Why I’ve given her a name? she just feel “Sophie” for me. Maybe like “Howl’s moving castle – Sophie” or just simply Sophie. She’s been with me through thick and thin. She is irreplaceable. Kind of. Just only needed refills if I run out of decent pages. So, Sophie and me would always hangout by the tree at the school yard, waiting for my mom to pick me up. I was doing a  few sketches of the play ground in front of me, making sloppy lines and incoherent shades to which will later be changed to a black ink and gray tone in accordance to the beauty of the white and black picture of the play ground in my own peripheral view and through the use of modern technology called “Photoshop”.

“Hey.”

I can hear but I didn’t look up to see from where it was coming.

“Hey.”

Yeah, I heard you but I’m in my own self-time.

“Hey.”

“What?” I looked up, a bit annoyed since I’ve been concentrating on my drawing here.

A boy with a goofy, innocent smile. A smile that looks really sincere. And a smile that I knew I would like.

“What are you doing?” he asks.

Obviously drawing. I try to pull that sarcastic note on the side. “Drawing. Just drawing.”

“oh.” He seems surprised by my answer. Is he expecting a different one? “Can I watch you draw?”

It’s weird. This is the first time that someone asked me if they could watch me do my work.

“Suit yourself.” I shrug. “Just don’t blame me if you eventually get bored.”

He gave me another goofy smile and sat beside me under the tree.

“Do you often go here?”

I was trying to concentrate on both my hands and ear. Multi-tasking. “Yeah. Before my mom picks me up from work.”

“What’s your name?” I know he was leaning a bit forward since a bit of shadow was created on Sophie’s sheet.

“…Do Kyungsoo.” I’m focusing on how to angle the Monkey bars.

“Well, see you around then Kyungsoo.”

 

That’s rude. Leaving me hanging without knowing his name. and running off with the smile that I really like.