II

Roommates

"You're okay with living with a 'chick'?" Your eyes searched his, almost half expecting him to say no.

"It will be weird, but I guess I'm alright with it." Jongin smiled, but stopped when he saw that you weren't. "I assume you're not alright with living with a guy?" 

You thought about it. Baekhyun had been reluctant to let you go in the first place, but now not only were you thousands of miles away from him, you were also living with a guy. If he found out, he would have your back home and whipped into shape. But besides all that, Jongin seemed like a pretty decent guy. If anything happened to you, at least people would know who did it.

You sighed deeply, but smiled, "Roommates?" His smile returned and he nodded his head. "Alright then. Well, how about we unpack our things and then go out and grab a bite to eat?" 

"Sounds great." You walked around him and began down the stairs to retrieve your bags. Halfway down, your steps were stopped by his voice, "Is this your first time in Seoul?" 

You whipped your head back to look at him leaning against the stairwell. Had he been watching you? "It is." You confirmed. Jongin smiled again, "Perfect." Your eyebrows furrowed, "Perfect?" He turned around and rolled his suitcase into the bedroom beside the bathroom. "You'll see!" He called out.

So, we're going to be like that. Huh, Kim Jongin?

---

After a few hours of unpacking, the sun now setting, you two had settled in pretty well. A few things still needed to be put into place, but they could wait. 

You tapped lightly on his open door. Jongin was sprawled out on his bed thumbing through his phone. His head raised, "I'm ready." You announced. He sprung off his bed and looked at himself in the mirror, "Just a second," He ran his fingers through his hair a few times, even though in your eyes it was not needed, "Ready." You shook your head. He was definitely something.

When the two of you reached the end of the stairs, you slipped off your slippers and put on your flats. Jongin grabbed his set of keys and followed you out the door.

The two of you decided to walk to wherever Jongin was taking you, taking advantage of the beautiful weather.

"Hmm...So what is your favourite colour?" On your walk, you suggested you two get to know eachother better by asking random questions. Jongin walked backwards looking at you, waiting for your answer. 

"I like turquoise." You chuckled. "What do you like to do in your spare time?" 

His face brightened at your question. "I like to dance. And sometimes," He looked around, "In the middle of the night, I like to blast my music and dance in my kitchen pretending I'm an idol or something." 

You crossed your arms over your chest, "Well, that stops today." Jongin chuckled, "Oh come on, how do you know I'm not good?" You tried to imagine him dancing around in the kitchen. "It's not that, but maybe some people like their sleep? Some people like me?" Jongin's mouth formed an o. 

"Your relationship status?" He asked next. "Taken." You stood proudly. His eyebrows raised, "Did he come with you to Seoul? Do I have to worry about him dropkicking my in the middle of the night?" This boy had been making you laugh from the moment you met. You liked that. "No, he stayed back home to finish school." He turned around now facing forward, "So I don't have to sleep with a knife next to my bed?" He questioned, still fearing his safety. "No, not unless you're up dancing." Jongin grimaced, "I'll have to keep that in mind.

"And yourself?" A cheeky smile formed on his lips, "No girlfriend for me."

You arrived at a food cart selling something that looked like a hot dog bun with french fries on a stick. Whatever it was, Jongin bought two of them and handed one to you. "Don't just look at it." He pushed you with his hip, "Try it."

You eyed it suspiciously before taking a bite. It was actually good. Your eyes lit up and you took another bite. 'Cute.' Jongin thought to himself.

--

The rest of the evening was spent trying Seoul's infamous street food; Hotteok a new favourite.

In your eyes, tonight had just been a night of getting to know each other. As for Jongin? A bit more than that. 

"My door will be open if you get scared." Jongin smirked standing in his door away, as you stood in yours. 

"Please." You rolled your eyes, "Goodnight." With that you shut your door and got ready for bed.

As promised, Jongin kept his door open. He unbuckled his belt and slid his jeans off, kicking them into the corner of the room. He took off his shirt and tossed it in the same direction as his jeans. Now only in his boxers, he crawled into bed and thought about the day's events.

He replayed in his mind you taking your first bite of everything you had tried. When you fanned your mouth at the spiciness of the tteokbokki. When you slapped his arm afterwards for having told you "It's not that bad." When you smiled telling him that you had a good time tonight.

He sighed. Kim Jongin had fallen for his roommate.