IV

Roommates

"I'm not gay!" Jongin scoffed once you hung up the phone. You chuckled at this, standing up from the couch to help him put away the rest of the food. "Well, you are now. At least to Baekhyun anyway." 

Jongin didn't like this at all. He wanted Baekhyun to worry about his girlfriend living with another guy. Another guy who could possibly snatch her up at any given moment. "So you lied to your boyfriend about a guy you barely know? Why, do you have feelings for me?" He smirked, handing you a bag of oranges to put in the crisper. You took them, looking at him in surprise. His nonchalance was almost frightful. "No. I knew he'd have a huge fit if he found out I was living with a guy who was straight-" He interrupted you from finishing, "But if you told him that I didn't mean anything to you and that I was simply your roommate.. Wouldn't that be enough?" You looked away from him, crouching down to put the oranges away. "Alright, I see your point," You got back up, "But if you didn't have feelings for me.. What baring would it have on your life whether I told him you were gay or straight?" Now it was your turn to smirk.

Afraid you had realized his feelings for you, Jongin remained still while you walked around him to put the empty grocery bags away. "Ease up, Kkamjong. It was just a joke." You laughed, pushing him slightly. "K-Kkamjong?" He turned around, confusion written all over his face. "Yeah," You smiled, "It's my new nickname for you. You don't like it?" 

He said it a few times to himself. Jongin had to admit that it did roll off the tongue quite nicely. "But Kkam...Are you making fun of my skin tone?" You nodded your head cheekily, "A little. But Jongin, you are rather dark for the average Korean." This made the snarky, confident Jongin come back. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but do I believe you forgot tall and handsome." 

You put your finger in your mouth, pretending to gag as you walked back around him to the bathroom. "More like dark and obnoxious." He followed, shouting for you to admit it until you slammed the door in his face. "Go away! I need to pee!" You shouted at him through the door. "You can pee once you admit that I'm tall, dark, and handsome." Opening the door suddenly, you looked at him, "You sound really stupid right now, you know?" He looked back at you, smiling dumbly. You gave up. "Fine. You're tall, dark, and handsome,-" Jongin batted his eyelashes at you, "Am I really? Truly?", "And obnoxious." You finished, slamming the door shut again. 

"Yah!"

--

Sometime after supper and during your bath, it had begun to thunderstorm. It seemed as though the thunder in Seoul was much louder than the thunder back home. Which made things only worse for you. 

"It's raining really hard." Jongin stated the obvious, looking outside the upstairs washroom. You stood behind him, looking out the window from around his arm since you failed to see over his shoulder. "Neh.." He looked down at you, laughing softly, "Scared?"

You stood back up straight, waving a hand off at him. "Please, it's not like this is the first thunderstorm I've encountered." That's two lies that you've told now today, you mentally checked in your head.

He nodded his head, falling for your act. "I'm off to bed then. Have a good sleep." You watched him walk away, saying goodnight before he closed his door. 

You turned off the upstairs light before walking to your own room. At another crack of thunder, you nearly dove into your bed, crawling under the sheets and hiding your head in between your pillows. 'Great, I'll get absolutely no sleep tonight and I'm going job searching tomorrow.'

As the minutes passed dreadfully, the storm got progressively worse. To the point where you thought your windows might shatter. 

You whined into your pillow, praying it would stop soon. 

When probably the loudest-crack-of-thunder-yet sounded, you jolted up in bed, opening your door and flew down to Jongin's bedroom. Opening his door, you thanked god when you saw he was wearing pyjama bottoms this time. You weren't surprised in the slightest by the sight of him still sound asleep. "Jongin.." You called out to him, but he didn't budge. "Kkamjong!" You yelled, punching his mattress.

"What?" He looked over at you groggily before coming to his senses and sitting up quickly, "What's wrong?"

"The storm is really loud and I can't sleep. Can we watch t.v. together or something?" 

He looked over at his clock to check the time, but the red numbers were flashing. "The power has been cut out." He looked over at you and saw terror written all over your face. Jongin knew he would be crossing the line, but he didn't know how else to comfort you. "Come here." He said, pulling the sheet open for you.

You bit your bottom lip unsure if you should, but a flash of lightening lit up the entire room and you gladly accepted. You jumped in next to him and laid down, pulling the sheet over you. 

Jongin chuckled, laying back down next to you. "I thought you weren't scared?" You shook your head stubbornly. "I'm not, I just can't sleep with all the racket." He nodded, though he didn't believe you at all this time and rolled over. "Well try." 

You closed your eyes, trying to do as you were told. After a few minutes, another window-shattering crack of thunder sounded. You pressed yourself against his back. "Jongin.. I'm scared now."

He smiled, his golden opportunity had finally come. 

Jongin turned over and wrapped his arm around you, "Don't be, I'm here." He soothed, rubbing your back gently.

"I really don't like thunderstorms." You whispered, holding onto the neckline of his tanktop. 

"I know," He whispered back, "But try to ignore it. You're safe inside and nothing is going to hurt you." He tightened his hold on you.

You nodded your head and closed your eyes again, trying to focus solely on nothing.

It worked.

Jongin smiled seeing that you had fallen asleep still holding onto his shirt. His cheeks heating up as he pressed his lips gently to your hairline, afraid that he might wake you.

"Pabo." He muttered before falling asleep as well.

 

***

Author's Note:

FINALLY UPDATED. /apologizes infinite amout of times/ 

Exams are over and I'm officially on break! 

Thank you so much for subscribing and even if you haven't, it means so much to me that you guys take the time to read my updates and that you're interested in this story.♥

Keep the feedback coming because I love to hear your guys' thoughts. Baekhyun and Jihae will be in the next chapter!