III

Roommates

You stirred in your white blankets, damning yourself for not having closed the blinds before going to sleep. Rolling around to get away from the sun’s piercing rays, you peered over at the clock on your night table. 11:36 A.M it read in big red numbers. You groaned, but smiled shortly after as you realized you had spent your first night in Seoul. Shooting up into now a sitting position, you looked at the door. Was he still asleep?

You threw your blankets off of you and swung one leg over the side of the bed, followed by the other. You pulled open one of the drawers on the dresser, taking out a pair of sweats to replace your lacy pajama shorts incase Jongin had indeed woken up before you. A bra would also probably be a good idea. You hoped to god not every morning would be like this. Really, who wants to have to put a bra on first thing in the morning? Tom and Jerry want to be free.

Deeming yourself ready for a possible encounter with Jongin, you pulled your door open and stepped out into the foyer. Your bare feet padded along the dark wood to his door. It was open, like he had promised. You peered into his bedroom. Sprawled on top of his white comforter was where Jongin slept. His tanned skin complimented the blinding white. One of his legs hung off of the bed, along with an arm outstretched to the other side of the bed. How did someone manage to sleep like that? Your eyes studied him a bit more closely.

Oh god, he was in his underwear.

You blushed and turned, your back hitting against the wall. You mentally face palmed yourself for having looked so long without noticing. ‘I wonder what his face looks like sleeping?’ You pondered. ‘No. You’re going to go walk down those stairs and leave the boy alone.’ You took a step towards the stairs but bit your lip. ‘Baekhyun, Baekhyun, Baekhyun!’ The invisible angel on your shoulder repeatedly shouted at you. ‘Oh, come on. How could you consider missing out on an opportunity like this?’ The little horned devil fired back.

You turned back around and stood in his doorway. Oh, what the hell. Now standing with both of your feet in his room, your heart began to race. If he wakes up… You slowly made your way around the side of his bed. Covering your mouth quickly, you squeaked. His mouth hung slightly agape, his plump lips stood even plumper due to sleep. His bangs were sprawled across his forehead, a few parts covered in sweat. The shadow you casted on his face pulled him slightly out of consciousness, but rather than opening his eyes, he merely rolled over onto his back to continue sawing logs. Jongin’s chest was now exposed to you. You swallowed thickly, marveling at his toned features. As your eyes began to wonder south, you stopped yourself. “No!” Your eyes widened as his flickered open.

He squinted trying to see you. “___-ah?” His sleepy voice could knock any girl off their feet, but you stayed firmly planted. “O-Oh.” You panicked, searching for your words. Quick. Think of something. “It’s nearly noon. I thought I would wake you up to see if you were..hungry.” Christ, you didn’t even have food in your fridge. Jongin looked over at his clock. “Ah.” He sat up and ran a hand through his hair, sharing his sweat with the rest of his locks. “I’m hungry.” You wanted to laugh, but it came out more of a cross between a rushed exhale and a snort. He looked at you weirdly, “Let me get dressed and I’ll come down.” You turned to walk out, “Of course.”

You closed the door behind you and nearly flew down the stairs. Now just how the hell do I make lunch with empty cupboards?

Jongin’s footsteps were heard coming down the stairs. While he was getting changed, you had set the table and sat yourself in front of a plate.

Jongin came into the kitchen now also wearing a pair of sweats and a t-shirt. You returned his smile with a sheepish grin. “How was your-” He stopped when he looked at the table. His eyes travelled from you to his lunch and back to you. “A… Granola bar?” You threw your hands up in surrender. “Okay, fine.” His eyes widened in your sudden action. “I wanted to see if you were still sleeping, so when I got up and checked on you. Of course, you still were, but I wanted to see, well, I’m not sure what I wanted to see. But anyways, I stood there watching you until you woke up, so I panicked and blurted out if you were hungry or not to keep myself from looking like a creep.” You sighed and looked down at your plate. “It wasn’t until after that I realized we don’t have any food, so I fetched these out of my purse and…” Jongin was now sitting across from you, chewing happily on the granola bar.

Unbelievable. He swallowed, “So, me being in my underwear wasn’t enough to stop you from coming in?” Jongin smirked. Crap. “___-ah, that’s an invasion of privacy. You should know better.” You slumped down in your seat. “I know and it won’t happen again. I’m sorry.” He took the last bit of granola bar into his mouth and stood up, taking his plate to the sink. He rested his elbows on the kitchen island, watching you take a bite of your snack. “Did you at least like what you saw?” You choked. Jongin laughed and turned out of the kitchen, “I’m going grocery shopping.” You stuffed your mouth with the rest of the granola bar. What was supposed to be a ‘I’m coming with you’ turned out to be a jumble of words. “Pardon?” You grumbled and ran after him to the front door, slipping on your shoes. “Pabo.” He poked at your full cheeks. You slapped his hand away and pushed him out the door.

After finding out that Jongin had his car hidden away in the garage and returning with a feast worthy amount of food, you plopped yourself down on the couch.

It was now 3PM. You wondered what Baekhyun was doing right now. Was he in class? He better at least be keeping up on his studies. You sighed and pulled out your phone. “I’m going to call my boyfriend.” Jongin choked back a grumble and continued sorting food out in the fridge, “Arasso.”

You dialed his number happily and listened to the rings.

*Baekhyun P.O.V*

“So you take this number and divide it by 18.” Jihae sighed exasperatedly.

“I just don’t get this.” She pushed the textbook away from her.

“Don’t worry, we’ll keep practicing.” I took her pencil, about to start the next question when suddenly my phone lit up. ___ Cell.

Jihae looked over at my phone curiously. “I have to take this. Start on question six while I’m gone.” I got out of my chair and smiled at her before turning down the furthest row of books.

I tapped ‘answer’ and smiled. “Hi, jagiya.” Her voice chirped into my ear, “Baekhyun!” I couldn’t help but giggle at her excitement. “I’m studying at the library right now, so I can’t talk that loud.”  

She cleared , “Ah, I miss you too.”

“Yah, you know I miss you. So how is Seoul? Your roommate?” I read through the titles of a few books, listening to her boast about her new home, but she fell quiet before talking about her roommate.

“Well, I’m actually living with a guy.” You stuttered through clenched teeth. My eyes widened and the already silent library fell into a deeper silence, if that was possible. “A what?!” . I mentally cursed looking around the shelf at the other students, sighing when they were still reading through their books. “___, what do you mean you’re living with a guy?”

“I know, I know.” I waited impatiently for her to continue, “Living with a guy was the last thought on my mind. But don’t worry,” She hesitated, “…He’s gay.” You had no choice but to lie. Although Baekhyun would surely meet Jongin someday, you chose to worry about that later.

I sighed and leaned back against the bookshelf, “You’re sure? He hasn’t tried anything on you?” Baekhyun chewed on his thumb nervously. “Of course not!”

Baekhyun cut the conversation short realizing that Jihae had probably given up on the question a long time ago. “Arasso, well I have to get back to studying. I’ve got a test in an hour.” I could sense the disappointment in her voice, but she didn’t complain.

“Neh, I’ll call you tomorrow. Good luck on your test, oppa.” I ran a hand through my hair. “I’ll call you. I have enough reviewing for five people.” He sighed and stuck his free hand in his jean pocket. “Ah, really? You’ll do fine, my Baekhyunnie is a genius!” I laughed at her words of encouragement. “I love you. I’ll talk to you soon, yeobo.” She giggled, “I love you too. Bye!” I smiled and began leaving the bookshelves, “Bye.”

Jihae sat up when I arrived back at our table. “Who was that, oppa?”

I took my seat, “A friend.”

She nodded her head and looked down at her paper. “Baekhyunnie…”

“Aish, what did you do wrong this time?”

***

Author’s note:

I seriously owe you guys an even longer chapter than this. Thank you so much for subscribing♥

Exams start next week so I’m aiming to write another chapter this weekend.

If not, I’ll leave you with a sleepy Jongin. Because really, who doesn’t want a sleepy Jongin?

Comments are always appreciated~