VII

Roommates

A few months later

Sometime, during the middle of the night, it had begun to snow. Cold, chilling snow.

She made sure his zipper had been zipped up all the way, his scarf wrapped securely around his neck. 

"You'll call me, right?" Her eyes searched his dark, dull ones. "As soon as I get there." He nodded, pulling his scarf down away from his chin to kiss her lips once.

She kissed him back, full of passion and want and emotion. "Then hurry, because if you miss your flight, then it'll just mean I'll have to spend a longer time alone tomorrow morning." 

His lips pulled away from his teeth, cracking a smile. "Alright, alright. I'll call you." He confirmed again before stepping back and grabbing the handle of his luggage. "I love you."

"Yes, I love you too." She nodded, watching him turn around, his lean frame now facing away from her as he walked away.

Though it appeared she was the wreck, little did she know, it was he, who thought he deserved to be lit on fire.

**

It was a long flight from Boston to Korea, and it would be an even longer two weeks spent with you. Baekhyun half cringed at the thought, listening to the tires screech as his plane made contact again with the ground.

Why? Complicated.

He stole one last glance out the window before standing, following the other passengers file out of the plane.

You promised to meet him at the airport, since giving him the directions to the villa you shared with Jongin only gave him a headache. And so he looked around, luggage in hand, his eyes scanning through the several amounts of people, until his eyes stopped on a familiar looking girl. One he had made love to over the course of their three years spent together. Just a few months ago, Baekhyun had only one

He smiled, watching you break into a run for him, jumping up and wrapping your arms and legs around him. "I missed you. I missed you so much." Your eyes began to tear, pressing several kisses to his lips. Kisses filled with passion and want and emotion.

His hand fell from the handle of his luggage, arms wrapping around you. And he didn't miss a single one of your kisses, because after all, he had missed you just as much.

"I missed you too. Why didn't you call more often?" Baekhyun looked up at you, searching your tear-filled eyes. "I called you as often as I could. I've been busy here. I work two jobs; I was even afraid I wouldn't be able to come meet you." 

You slowly made your way down from around him, of course stealing one more kiss before doing so. "Working two jobs?" His brows furrowed a bit, taking your hand, his other grabbing hold of his luggage. "Why?"

You looked to the ground. "I've been saving up to buy myself my own place. A house, to be exact. One we can live in together once you finish school." You looked up at him, pecking his cheek. "Do you like the sound of that?" 

"I do." He half lied.

"Good, because I've been working my off for it." You chuckled, beginning to walk with him out of the airport.

"And what about your roommate? Won't you miss him? You told me you two bonded quite well the past few months."

Ah, Jongin, that poor soul. 

"Of course I'll miss him." You nodded, moving closer to him for warmth as the two of you stepped outside. Seoul had experienced it's fair share of snow as well. "If it weren't for him, I'd probably be a completely different person. He kept me on my toes here." 

"What's that supposed to mean, huh?" He nudged you gently, pouting.

You chuckled and shook your head, nuzzling into your scarf. "You try moving to foreign country and see how difficult it is. You don't know anyone, the people are rude, and they speak so damn fast that you realize your Korean classes have taught you nothing." 

"I see. So he hasn't gotten into your pants or anything of the sort, correct?" He knew he didn't have any right asking this; his thoughts traveling back to his fourth date with Jihae. 

"No, idiot!" You nudged him hard, but pulled him back to you with a giggle, pressing your lips to his once again. 

He forced a chuckle. 

You stopped walking after awhile and unlocked the doors to a shiny black Sedan, Jongin's most expensive baby, and he had a collection of those. You'd never understand how he persuaded you into allowing three dogs in the house.

"You bought a car?" He let go of your hand, bending forward to look inside.

"No, it's Jongin's. He let me borrow it to come pick you up." Baekhyun nodded, stepping away from the car shortly after finding out it was his. You caught this and stood between him and the car. "You'll be nice to him, right?"

He looked over your shoulder and at the shiny metal. "Fine, but I'm farting in his car at least once."

**

Jongin was a few miles away, walking around aimlessly in the park just behind the villa you two shared.

Knowing Baekhyun would be there with the two of you in a little less than an hour, and not to mention for the next two weeks, made him sick. And therefore explains how he got here. He sighed, watching his breath turn to white mist in the cold air. Watching it tangle and eventually disappear, brought somehow, the littlest of comfort to him. 

He spotted a park bench and slowly made his way to it, brushing the snow away from the dark wood before sitting down, tucking his hands away in the pockets of his jacket to bring them warmth again. 

His love for you had only grown the more time he spent with you. But as time passed, he knew your heart still ached for Baekhyun; the more you thought about him, the more you spoke about him, the more you talked about your plans about moving away with him soon. 

It hurt.

And Jongin knew that the only thing he could do was to let you go, despite as much as he didn't want that to happen. He'd do anything to not let that happen. Anything.

"Why is she so ing blind?" He groaned loudly, looking up towards the sky. "She's so dumb, and blind, and-" He sighed again, knowing that saying these things wouldn't make a difference. And if there were something that could make a difference, he would have surely found it by now.

He stayed quiet on the small park bench for the next while, tapping his shoe against the pavement every so often, lost within his own little world of thoughts. Until his phone began to vibrate. He pulled it out of his pocket and read the text from you.

On our way home. Heat up the food, it's cold out.

He texted back his short response and stood from the bench, pulling his hood up and slowly making his way back to the villa.

"God, give me strength these next two weeks." He muttered, kicking an ice block out of his way.