X''

Roommates

* - Indicates the beginning and end of a scene.

---

The next morning was brought to you in complete bliss. Your boyfriend, Byun Baekhyun, had arrived last night to spend two weeks with you in Seoul, courtesy of Harvard's two week long winter break. Truthfully, you could not have imagined a feeling so spectacular; it made you want him in ways that existed only in one's imagination, at least you thought so until last night. Now, here the two of you are, your crisp white sheets shielding your bodies from any unwanted visitors, Kim Jongin in particular. Not only did they hide you from others, but they hid you from the both of you also. Your cheeks flushed a light shade of pink at the idea of lifting the covers and taking a peek at Baekhyun's body. Instead, you lied there quite content to just be in his arms, your nose lightly pressed against the milky flesh of his neck. Last night could have been easily compared to the first night you spent with him. His gentle touches and kisses of affection were the same, if not better. The way his eyes bore into yours were the same, however, you could sense that his mind was often running off to some place outside of your bedroom. 

*His forehead was pressed lightly against yours, but his closeness was not at all what you were concentrated on. Despite the pleasure you both were receiving from each other, there was something within the atmosphere around you that told you there was something on his mind. Every so often, Baekhyun's movements would become almost lazy, particularly at the times you were nearing your high, and you weren't sure whether he was doing it on purpose or not. Whether it was to make the moment last, or there truly was something else on his mind, it felt too good to interrupt and ask him. You feared asking him would make him question whether he was doing a good enough job, and he certainly was.

Suddenly, his hand raised and slapped against the wood of your headboard, a throaty groan emitting against your ear. The sounds made you close your eyes beneath him and wrap your arms around his back to gently drag your nails across the span of his back. Forgetting that his movements were ever lazy, your back arched in pleasure and your head tilted back against the pillow. The both of you ed together and the tired smirk he gave you afterwards was enough to send you into spirals all over again.

*Now lying in bed together the next morning, Baekhyun still sound asleep from the tiresome events from last night, you rolled over on top of him and out of his hold, making him lie on his back. His brows furrowed a little and he let out a quiet groan in his sleep to the new position, making you laugh softly and gently comb your fingers through his bangs. "Baekhyunnie..." His brows furrowed again and he opened his puffy eyes only moments later, squinting them slightly because of the brightness that filled the room. "Who are you?" He teased, his tired-sounding chuckle filling your quiet room. The snarky comment made you laugh too, but instead of hitting him for it, you tilted your head and placed soft kisses against his jawline, your lips dragging across his skin as you mumbled against it. "Your girlfriend, I hope." 

He could have raised a brow at that one, but he chose not to. "Wow, if this is the sort of attention I get after teasing you...I think I'll tease you more often." His hand slipped back under the covers and he gave your bare a poke, sending you upright. You covered your exposed s from him with the blanket and pointed a threatening finger at him. 

After about ten minutes of back and forth playful bickering, you finally willed yourself to get out of bed and put some clothes on, Baekhyun only a step behind you. You slipped on a pair of comfortable black leggings and a loose fitted white tee, deeming the outfit perfectly fine to lounge around in. As you left your bedroom, you heard a door open from across the foyer and you looked at it, seeing Jongin stumble out in his boxers and matted hair, his bangs bouncing cutely with each step he took towards the bathroom. He glared at you through puffy eyelids for a moment and then closed his eyes, stumbling inside the bathroom and closing the door behind him. You raised a brow at how much of a mess he looked, then walked over to the door to speak to him through it. "What happened to you last night?" You cringed when the toilet lid was flipped open harshly, making a loud clanging sound. "Your moans are the loudest moans I've ever heard-" 

Your mouth gaped open at his insult and just as you grasped the doorknob and opened it a smidge, Baekhyun grabbed your hand. "Hey, hey, hey-" He pulled the door shut with his hand still on top of yours. "I know you two are roommates, but don't get too comfortable with him when I'm around, alright? Give the guy some privacy." You pulled your hand out from under his, "He insulted my moans! He called them loud!"

Baekhyun held back his laughter and pulled his hand away from the door too. "They are." This time, instead of kissing his jaw, you hit his chest and then turned back to the door. "Jongin, when you come out-" The door suddenly opened and he stood there looking at you, cheeky grin and all. "When I come out, what?" He pressed and you stared at him, speechless, for a few moments before taking Baekhyun's hand and leading him down the stairs to the kitchen. 

Jongin watched the two of you head down the stairs and he sighed once you were gone. On the outside he seemed to be pulling fun at how you two were intimate last night, but inside it was a whole different story. On the inside, he was envious of how Baekhyun held a higher place in your heart than he did, he often questioned whether he even had a place in your heart. He was angered by how Baekhyun didn't deserve that spot, yet he still held it. Angered by how he couldn't tell you that Baekhyun was seeing Jihae behind your back. Angered by how Baekhyun wasn't telling you when he knows he should. Angered by how telling you wouldn't make you love him; it would make you leave him. On the inside, Jongin was angered. 

He hit the light switch on his way out, not even bothering to put on clothes as he simply headed down the stairs in his boxers. Ignoring the stares both of you were giving him, he sat down on the couch and turned the t.v. on, flipping through the channels until he found something that interested him.

Baekhyun was first to peel his attention off of him between the both of you, watching you watch Jongin with a blank stare. He knew what he was feeling and he knew he should tell you about what had been going on back in Boston, but telling you was difficult and he was selfish. He didn't want to lose you. 

When your attention turned back to him, he raised a brow and lifted his hand to rub his jaw. The action made you laugh softly, "He's just tired." 

When Jongin heard this, his jaw clenched and he stood up, looking at the both of you with deeply furrowed brows. "Jongin-" He walked the distance that stood between him and Baekhyun and grabbed him by the t-shirt, throwing him back against a wall and closing in on him as he grabbed his collar furiously. "Baekhyun!" Baekhyun's eyes widened at the contact, but his expression quickly turned into one that was vengeful. He shoved Jongin off of him, but Jongin pushed him back against the wall and punched him square in the jaw. "You're a ing lousy excuse for a boyfriend. You're hurting her by letting this go on. Tell her! Tell her what you ing did while she's been gone!" 

You backed away from Jongin's back and looked at Baekhyun with furrowed brows, your heart racing. "What's going on?" 

Baekhyun looked back at you and then shook his head, looking up at Jongin. "No. I don't know what-" Jongin laughed bitterly and then ground his teeth before raising his first and punching him once, then twice. "Jongin! Stop!" You tried pushing him off of Baekhyun, but he of course stood much taller than you and was a lot stronger than you. On the third punch, Baekhyun fell to the floor and Jongin kicked his side over and over again. 

You couldn't believe this was happening, Your eyes were filled with tears as Jongin kicked Baekhyun on the kitchen floor. You stepped over Baekhyun and gave Jongin a hard push, then shoved him against a wall. As your tears spilled out onto your cheeks, your hand raised and slapped Jongin across the face. "You ! What are you trying to do?!" The punches had reddened his knuckles and you realized this when he held his cheek, looking at you with a furious gaze. His bangs had fallen into his eyes from the slap and he lowered his hand to your cheek instead, tears filling his eyes as he sensed you turning on him. "_____...Please believe me...Baekhyun is cheating on you." 

You immediately stepped back when you heard that and you stared at him in doubt for a few moments before shaking your head. "No, no, he hasn't!" Your tears fell harder now and you shoved him against the wall as he tried to step towards you again. "Don't!" You stared at him with a hard glare before shaking your head, "Don't come near me." You made sure he wouldn't try anything else before walking over towards Baekhyun and letting out a sob when he rolled over onto his back with a wince. "Baby..." You got down to your knees and ran your hand through his hair, "I'm sorry." 

Jongin dropped to the floor as you consoled Baekhyun, running his hand through his hair angrily, holding back his sobs so you or Baekhyun wouldn't hear. He held his face in his hands and let his palms catch his tears, your comforting words making him feel even worse. If only you would just give him a minute to explain. 

You helped Baekhyun to stand and grimaced when you saw the deep cut on Baekhyun's lip, assuming he had bitten his lip just as he was punched. You looked back at Jongin and then quickly at Baekhyun when he nearly stumbled out of your grasp. "Jongin- We need to get him to a hospital. His lip needs stitches." Jongin's head raised from his hands and then he regretfully stood to his feet and went upstairs to put on a pair of sweats and a tee. That could drown in his own blood for all he cared, but he figured getting him to the hospital might fix his relationship with you...At least somewhat.

Once they were at his black Sedan, Jongin took hold of him and put him into the backseat because you couldn't get him in yourself. He tried his best not to slam the door shut afterwards. 

As you all arrived at the hospital, Jongin again helped Baekhyun inside, but you watched closely from behind, worried that Jongin would pull him down and lash out again. Thankfully, the emergency room wasn't too busy and a nurse quickly hurried Baekhyun into a room for stitches. You chose not to stay in the room with him, for you didn't want get in the way of the nurses and blood wasn't at all your thing 

Jongin watched you pull the curtain of Baekhyun's room shut and walk towards him, sighing inaudibly as you sat down, leaving an empty seat between them. Looks like Jongin's helpful hand hadn't fixed anything at all.

The two of you sat in silence for a good ten minutes, watching the hospital staff walk, sometimes run, past them. You had been inspecting your nails, deeming them due for another visit to the salon, when Jongin suddenly spoke. "Do you know Song Jihae?" 

Your eyes flickered up from your nails to stare at the empty seats in front of you two before slowly looking at him. Song Jihae was Baekhyun's ex-girlfriend.

Author's Note: 

I'm back...A year later...I'm sorry! Hopefully my story hasn't been forgotten? And that everyone enjoys the update? And that my writing has improved? And that AFF changes this "minimum of three characters per title" rule?