I

Roommates

"Come with me." 

It was a week before you left for Seoul. Baekhyun of course hadn't taken the idea very well at first, but he knew it was something you had wanted to do for a long time. There the two of you stood, in the middle of your kitchen, again pleading him to come with you. You had tried to convince him about a billion times, but his answer was always the same.

"You know I can't just drop everything and leave, yeobo. At least not right now. I have to finish school." Your boyfriend took your hands in his, "You want to do this right?" 

Having a roommate was something you always wanted to experience. What girl doesn't? And not to mention you would be living in Seoul, your dream. But the thought of leaving Baekhyun behind was unsettling. 

"I do." You looked down at your hands in his. You have spent three years of your life with this boy and the thought of being so far away from him was nearly impossible. Your trail of thought was broken by his laughter. "Yah, you make it seem like we're breaking up." 

"It's not funny!" You exclaimed, although a slight smile was present on your face. 

Baekhyun wrapped his arms around your waist, "In a year, I'll be done university and then if you want to continue living in Seoul, I'll move there too. Deal?" 

You planted a gentle kiss on his neck in agreement, "Deal."

~~~A week later~~~

After many tears and kisses at the airport, you had finally arrived, unfortunately alone.

You instructed the taxi driver to take you to the address of your villa. He must have known you were a foreigner, as he kept on looking back to you in the rearview mirror. You watched the hundreds of people walking on the side streets. Some rushing to work, others simply basking in the afternoon sun.

"We're here." The driver to a street full of houses.

You looked at each of them, inspecting their similarities and differences, when the car stopped at a tall, light brown house. "This one?" You asked. It looked even better than it did in the pictures. It had a white balconey wrapped around the top half of the house, with arch fixed windows for the lower. Not to mention the great view it had of the Han River.

You got out of the car and admired every feature. That was when reality had finally hit you that you lived here. The sound of the driver slamming the trunk shut was what took you out of your reverie. He had placed your luggage on the pavement.

"Do you need help taking these inside?" He asked more than welcome to help.

"Oh, aniyo. Thank you very much." You bowed several times to the ahjussi to express your gratitude. You peered in through the back window of the car to see how much you owed him. Taking out your wallet from the bag slung around your body, you paid him the amount due, tipping him a bit more than necessary. He said his thanks and drove off. 

'I wonder if my roommate has arrived yet. I hope she hasn't been waiting too long.' You thought. 

After carrying each bag up to the front step, you unlocked the door with the key the realtor had sent you in the mail. Pushing it open, you were welcomed to a huge living room with a chandiler hung right in the middle. Taking in your surroundings, you noticed a black suitcase that was sitting at the top of the stairs. 'She's here.' You squealed quietly. 'This is going to be so much fun.' You thought.

You brought your things inside and opened the suitcase that had all your toiletries. Taking out your slippers, you set them on the floor and took off your shoes, placing them next to her black converse. 'Big feet.' You giggled.

You set off to the stairs, hoping she was up there. The bathroom light was on, with the door slightly pulled over. You gently knocked on it, afraid you might startle her. "Hello?" Your voice broke the silence of the house.

There was no response so you decided to push the door open. No one. She had definitely been here, judging by the fact she had forgotten to flush the toilet. One of your biggest pet peeves.

You flicked off the light and turned around, when you gasped loudly. 

There before you was a tall, lean boy. He had dark brown hair and rather full lips.

He smiled at you with pearly white teeth. He was also blindingly handsome. "Annyeonghaseyo, sorry if I scared you. I'm Jongin, but people usually just call me Kai." He stuck out his hand. You dumbly took it and gave it a shake, pondering how someone could get Kai from Jongin. 

You pointed at the suitcase, "Are you her boyfriend?" He followed your finger, looking slightly confused, but chuckled when he realized what you meant.

"No, I live here."

'Ah.' You mouthed. That's when it hit you. You had signed a contract to live with a man for the next year. Your first thought was Baekhyun. What would he think when you told him you were living with another man? A man who wasn't him?

"But, you're a guy." 

He laughed, "I know, I was a bit surprised to see that you were a chick. But hey, I'm not a ert or anything. I'm simply living here because I can't afford my own place yet."

Your head swirled. Just what exactly have you gotten yourself into?

~~~

 

Author's Note:

Thanks for checking out my story! The first chapter was a bit short & boring, but it will pick up in the next chapter. I promise!