159

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hime! Answer me! Where are you? Siyeon, please!”

There was so much fire. Fire and smoke. It was hard to breath and everything seemed like a blurry play of red, yellow, orange and black. Siyeon could hear someone calling her name but the voice seemed to be so far away.
“Siyeon! Answer me! Siyeon!”
That was Pýr's voice, only that it sounded a bit higher and more youthful. And desperate. So very desperate. “Siyeon!” This time it was Rui's voice and he sounded as desperate.

It was so unbearably hot and it felt like the fire would melt the skin right off her bones. Coughs came over Siyeon's lips and she crouched over. It was easier to breath if she pressed her body to the ground.
Why was no one looking out for her? Why did no one come to fetch her up. “Mama! Papa!” she cried out, interrupted by heavy coughs which grew stronger and stronger. “Mama! Papa!”
Hot tears ran down her face but they dried immediately because of the hear.

“You can cry as much as you want. No one's coming to get you,” a sudden voice said. It was an unknown voice but it was undoubtedly male. Siyeon looked up and she saw... nothing. The face was completely black. No eyes, no nose, no lips. She simply couldn't remember. Why couldn't she remember?
“Wait! Kinji!” she called out but as she wanted to run after him, Pýr hold her back. “Don't go after him. Leave him be.”

Siyeon didn't listen to Pýr and pushed him away, which was surprisingly easy. Rui on the other hand didn't try to hold her back but her followed her immediately and he silently signaled Pýr to do the same.
It didn't matter to Siyeon if they followed her or not because her mind was focused on Kinji. If he knew something he had to tell her.
“Kinji!” she called out again as she caught up with him and pulled him back by his shirt. “Why did you call me by that name?”

He partly turned around to her, his eyes as empty as before. “Hime, why did you call me by that name?”

Kinji kept looking at her and it looked like he wouldn't say anything at first. “I don't know. It just came into my mind calling you like that.”
There was no lie in his words, at least Siyeon couldn't detect any lie and it seemed like Rui and Pýr didn't see any as well. So he didn't know anything as well.

What has Siyeon hoped for? Disappointment started to spread inside her but she swallowed it down and let Kinji go. “Hime... you are not a princess.”
If she would be a princess, she would know that, Siyeon thought dryly but shook her head. “I am surely not one,” she answered him even though he had not asked a question.
“Did you see it?” Siyeon suddenly asked him and for a tiny moment Kinji looked confused. “Did I see what?” he asked back in his usual emotionless voice.

“The smoke... the fire.”

A strange expression hushed over Kinji's face and he looked like he could remember something. “Fire,” he muttered but then he shook his head. “No.”
Even though it didn't sound like a lie, Siyeon was sure that it was one. She quickly glanced over to Rui and Pýr, who looked like they didn't believe him either. “Kinji, please,” Siyeon whispered but before he could even say, or not say something, someone else interrupted them.

“Look who is harassing one of my people.”

Jooyeon's voice was as sneering and evil sounding as usual and chills ran down Siyeon's spine. “Kinji, come here.”
With a last gaze lingering on Siyeon, Kinji turned around and walked over to Jooyeon. Another girl accompanied her, Nadia, that was her name if Siyeon remembered right.
“Are you trying to pick up a fight with me?”Jooyeon asked with an extremely arrogant expression. “I don't want to pick a fight with you. Besides, I can't recall that it is prohibited to talk to others here at this college.”
Rui and Pýr came closer at the same time and their presences were like solid walls be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter