My New Partner

When Fate Becomes Tangled

- Eun-Sung's POV -

"Kim-----" Rat Jung was pronouncing. Now he was squinting at the piece of paper.

"Kim J- Ehh Heem!" Rat Jung looked closer at the piece of paper, struggling now. "I told you students to write clearly on your assignments so many times already! Why don't any of you failiures ever remember? Not just for turn-in assignments, but anything you ever do for any subject!" Rat Jung screeched at us.

I uncovered my ears now but I was still shriveling in fear.

The teacher mumbled something about the print being way too miniscule for a human's eyes to even decipher, and went to his desk to do something.

Maybe he won't be able to decode it and then he will re-draw my partner! I thought hopefully. Yes! Luck is on my side today.

To my surprise, he came back with a gigantic maginifying glass and held it to the slip. "K-I-M-" Rat Jung began again.

I waited for it.

.

.

"KIM -"

I had both fingers still crossed behind my back. Ppalli, seonsaeng-nim!! Just read it out already! I'm going to die of suspense even before I die of grief!

.

.

"KIM.. KIBUM!" He finally announced. Wait, what?? Who- omo!! Kibum is...that means I got .. KEY!!! Ahhhh~ I'm so happy!!!

I lightly cheered in my seat while facing the side of the wall.

"Thump!" I heard Jong-diot shuffle in his seat slightly and kick the seat in front of him in annoyance.

"What's your problem, dude?" I turned and saw the guy in front of him swing around and ask irritatedly. Kwon Jiyong- I think.

But he saw the demonic I WILL KILL YOU I YOU BOTHER ME look in Jonghyun's eyes and immedietly turned back to the front as if nothing had happened.

What IS his problem? I thought.

Oh well, but who even cares about that idiot right now? All that matters is that I got Key as my partner and not the devil! Red string of fate my foot! I have never felt any luckier in my whole entire life! Luck certainly is on my side today!

I made eye contact with Key and he gave me a thumbs up. I awkwardly ree to him.

Now I could probably guarantee myself an A+ on this project since I could tell that Key was one of those responsible people and I could work cooperatively with him. Not to mention, my intuition told me that he was one of the top scorers in my class.

Teacher Kim picked the rest of the names and I scoffed at the partner that the idiot got. Haha! Good luck to him! He got Sandeul as his partner -and if i wasn't wrong, he wasn't very bright. All he did was sleep in class, I noticed, and doodle random stuff in his notebook.

SUUCKSS I thought happily in my head and hummed a soft happy tune.

"NOOOOOO---aaawwwhhhww-nuuuuuu!!!" I heard screaming from my left side. It was the girl that sat one seat behind Key. The teacher tried to calm her down, but it just wouldn't work.

"WHY CAN'T I BE PARTNERS WTIH MY PRECIOUS KEY -OPPA??" she screamed wildly like a spoilt child.

AHHH what are you doing? Don't ruin my plans! Who knows WHAT you might cause! I thought frantically to myself. Please don't do this to me! No partner swaps!! Who even knows how, but I might end up having to be paired with the devil I hate most!

Rat-Jung sighed and scanned around the room quietly while the girl was still immersed in her screaming fit. He looked like he was analyzing something. He looked at me, then looked back at the girl.

"Okay, you two please swap partners." The teacher finally decided.

Huh? Who was her partner?

"Sun-Hee and Kibum are now partners, and Eun-Sung and Jong In are now pairs." Rat-Jung stated.

Hmm..I wondered who Jong In was. Oh well, at least I didn't get Jong-hyun. I thought.

"Get into your pairs and begin discussing your ideas!" Rat-Jung ordered, "10 minutes to exchange contacts and ideas. Whatever you need to do to get started!"

I looked around the room. Just who was this Jong In person? I still wasn't that familiar with the whole class.

"Yo, over here!" I heard someone yell from a few seats in front of me and wave for me to come over.

I couldn't see his face from behind the fat heads covering my view so I collected my stuff and walked up to his seat.

"Omo! Kai-ssi! You are Jong In-ssi?" I was shocked to see that he was my partner.

"Haha, sorry. I forgot to tell you my full name." Kai chuckled and motioned for me to come over and sit next to him, "Have a seat."

"Anyways, I said we were chingus right? No need to be all formal and stuff with the ssi's. You can just call me 'Kai'." He flashed me a friendly smile, "Better yet, you can even call me 'Kai-Oppa~'".

I felt my chest tighten and my heart felt funny. "A-aniya! I'll just call you Kai." I stuttered. My voice sounded so stupid. I bet my face looked idiotic too.

Kai just chuckled at my idiodicy and began to discuss about the project.

I sat down in the seat next to him and started making plans about our project as well. Kai seemed pretty easy to get along with so I was content.

I never realized that he was the Class representative untill today though. I guess he was more normal and well respected than I thought. I really shouldn't be so quick to judge people. They might really be nicer than I thought.

Well... except for that devil behind me. I remembered. I knew for sure that my judgement about him was correct.

As if trying to prove my thoughts correct, that spine chilling feeling started up again began to bore through my neck. I shuddered and ignored the feeling.

"Are you okay, Eun-Sung?" Kai asked me worriedly, "Don't tell me you are feeling sick again." He reached for my forehead.

"N-no! I'm perfectly fine!" I reassured him. Except that my neck feels like its gonna end up having a huge hole in it when I finally get to leave this classrom.

Finally, after what seemed like a millenium of sitting in there with a demon drilling his eyes into the back of your head, the bell rang and we were dismissed.

----

"Eun-Sung ah!", I heard key call out to me after I finished filling up my tray wih food, "Come here and sit with us!" Key waved me over to his table which was right in the center of the cafeteria.

"How about me? I can come too right?" Min-Soo who was standing beside me pouted and made a begging puppy face.

"Ah..fine, you can come too- just don't make that face at me agian." Key told her, but he was looking at me, "Hurry over."

I started walking towards the table but all these girls from the other tables were staring at me. Some in shock, some in disbelief, but mostly in annoyance. I seemed like the entire school was staring at me.

I hesitated and almost didn't want to approach the table, but Min-Soo pushed me to the table from behind.

"Who cares what they think!" she declared, "We get to sit with the hot Shinee boys for lunch and that's all that matters! Chagiyaaa~~" She ran over to the table excitedly and I followed along.

Minho, Taemin, and Onew (who shuffled over to the other side to make room for us) were sitting on the left side of the rectangular table while Key was sitting on the right side. Key motioned for me to sit next to him and Minsoo made room for herself on the other side of Key.

*sniff sniff - Ahhhh~* I heard someone in front of me making noises in appreciation of the food in front of him and giving a sigh of pleasure.

I looked up to see Onew strangely caressing a piece of fried chicken and rocking it in his arms like a newborn baby before he carefully bit into it. He looked like he was trying to savor every bite of chicken, looked at it dearly as if it was the best food in the world. He looked like he was in his own world now, and he couldn't be disturbed.

I turned my attention away from him and turned back to my own food. Seeing Onew eat his fried chicken made it seem tastier than usual.

"Eun-Sung noona~" Taemin called to me, "I can't eat this all. Do you want some of my fried chicken?"

Onew, who looked like nothing could interrupt him abruptly sat up straight and turned his attention to Taemin. He stared at Taemin with glazing eyes. "CHICKEENNNN!!! Gimmeeeee!" He shouted at Taemin and demanded for the chicken.

"Okay, okay, Hyung", Taemin looked kind of disturbed but he reluctantly handed over the chicken to Onew. Onew grabbed the piece of meat and began to knaw at it rapidly and devour it in his own little way. The chicken was gone within matters of seconds.

Taemin pouted and told me, "Next time alright, noona? I'll be sure to give you an extra special piece when onew-hyung isn't looking."

He made it seem like fried chicken was also my most favorite thing in the world. "Ah- thankyou Taemin-ah", I told him politely.

"Just eat your food, Maknae!" I heard Key lightly scold Taemin for not even touching his food yet.

I poked my fork into my chicken and raised it to my mouth ... mmm .....

..Only to have it crash into the side of my face. The ketchup from the chicken smeared across my left cheek.

"Argh! Who did that?" I looked to my right to see who had ruined my delicious meal. EEEP!

I widened my eyes as I watched the devil himself situate himself next to me and drop his tray onto the table with a clang. Why in the world was he here?? What gave him the right to-

He sat closer to me than normal and I felt my side getting squished by his body. Ack!! I tried scooting closer to Key but the was STEPPING on my foot! Owwie! My fooot!  T-T

Min-Soo, who was busy finishing up her maths homework (she was asking Key for help) that she forgot to do the day earlier, looked up in attention.

"Ah, Bling Bling Hyung! You're finally here! We didn't see you this morning!" Taemin said excitedly as he greeted Jonghyun.

"Ah..Just.. some stuff came up so I was kind of late. Don't worry about it." He replied vaguely.

HE'S Bling-Bling Hyung? I screamed in my head. Which means that...

"Oh, I forgot to mention to you earlier in class, Eun-Sung ah." Key said to me, "But this is our last member of Shinee, Bling Bling Jonghyun. I don't like to talk to him too much during class because I don't want to ruin my perfect reputation with the teacher."

"Meanie." I heard Jonghyun mutter under his breath.

Haha! Even his friends don't want to acknowledge him in class! Definetely serves him right! I don't even understand how he got to be a part of shinee.

"We all grew up in the same neighborhood and knew each other since kindergarten." Minho who had been quiet all this time suddenly spoke up. I almost forgot he was here with us!

"Oh." I said stupidly.

So that was how..

But that still didn't fix the problem that I still was squished against his side!

For the entire lunch period, I was struggling to get him off of me while trying to eat my chicken at the same time. I sensed that he was enjoying every minute of it.

Even without looking, I could tell that he had that terrible smirk on his face again. But the strange thing was, that none of the other members or even Min-Soo who was always in everyone's business noticed it.

Darn, that sneaky devil!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry for the horrible chapter this time >-<,,, will do better next time...