Behind That Bookshelf

When Fate Becomes Tangled

- No One's POV -

" Crunchy munchies and an extra large pepperoni pizza with extra cheese~~~oh yes! mmm yummy pocky~~~" the sleeping boy mumbled subconciously in his sleep.

He was leaning against the tall wooden bookshelf near the back of the library, with his long legs curled up against his broad chest.  

His breaths were soft and slow, going at a steady pace. The cool wind whispered through the slight opening of the brown windowsill nearby and quietly rustled his smooth brownish hair. 

He was in a deep slumber, as if he hadn't slept for days.

But suddenly, there was a loud, sharp sound. It sounded like a person had just popped a blown up plastic ziplock bag or a balloon.

He got startled by the sudden noise that had shaken him out of his peaceful sleep and his body made a little jump on reflex. Sleepily, he slowly turned around to see what had intruded his precious sleep. 

 

- Eun-Sung's POV -

I turned around to meet the face of a sleepy, yet perfectly handsome looking boy.

I felt the heat rising up to my cheeks and I slapped myself...or my body.. for acting so retarded. "What the hell is wrong with me?", I thought.

The sleeping boy was wide awake now, and I could see him stiffling a giggle with his arm through the empty cracks of the shelf where people had picked out their books.

I knew that it was completely wrong for a full grown 17 year old (i assumed) boy to be giggling, but somehow I found it acceptable for him to be doing so. I decided to interrogate him although it didn't seem like he was the one who had been sending me the extreme chills.

"Hey", I said in a not so polite manner. Oops.. maybe I shouldn't have been so rude. He didn't even do anything wrong to me.

I quickly replaced my words with something fairly nicer sounding before he could reply.

He didn't hear the rude part I think, (thankfully) because he replied back with something using the honorifics.

I couldn't really hear what he said though, because he seemed to be dying in a silent but violent laughter.

When he finally calmed down again, he repeated,"This is too hilarious! Why did I just wake up and see a girl smacking her own face first thing in the morning?"

Actually, this was technically not the first thing he saw in the morning, but I didn't say anything about it. That would make me seem too smart-aleck and all. I had to watch my actions because this was my first day at school and first impressions counted.

"Was it you who made that firecracker noise?", he asked me with a quivering smile on his face. He looked like he was going to burst out laughing again. I didn't want that to happen though, or the librarian would probably kick us both out for being too loud. I wouldn't have a place to stay without being run-over before classes started if that were the case.

"I was just closing a book", I casually replied. I tried not to say anything weird that might trigger his laughter again.

He only stared at me, but his eyes were dangerously wavering. A few moments later, I heard a deafening laughter.

I lightly face-palmed myself. Jeez.. why couldn't he just laugh silently again, I thought to myself. Now we were going to get seriously busted.

"Ha haha ha HA AHha!", he continued laughing even louder. He was clutching his stomach now. I didn't even understand why he was laughing anymore. But at least he was laughing normally now, instead of doing those weird giggles. 

"Just closing a book?" he yelped incredulously, "You sounded like you were popping a million balloons!"

"You should have heard-", he began to explain, but he was cut off in mid-sentence.

Surely enough, I was right. I heard the quickly paced footsteps of the librarian heading towards our direction and then soon enough, a huge shadow fell upon our stiffening faces.

 

- Someone's POV -

My mysterious rage didn't disappear, as I followed her down the bright, echoing hall. I followed her from a far-enough distance since I obviously didn't want to be discovered.

That's the point of stalking  following somebody right?

I watched her turn the corner and then I followed quietly after.

"Ah... So the library it is...", I thought out loud to myself as I watched her walk in.

 ....But I sort of dreaded going in. First of all, I hated libraries -well books in general. And also, I've had bad experiences in that particular one.

I shuddered at the mere thought of having to enter that quiet place.

I ran a full lap around the small section of the school building in preparation for entering the library. I know this sounds crazy, but I actually have a small library-phobia.

Then, I took a deep breath and gulped as I headed towards the entrance to the larger than average sized library. (This school's founder had an insane passion for books)

When I arrived at the entrance, something shiny had caught my eye. It was near the rear end of the library. It almost blinded me for a couple of seconds... No, I was just kidding about that, haha. But you get the point yeah? Anyways, there I saw her.

The cause of it all. The cause of my raging emotions. She was wearing a metal charm around her neck that was hung on a silvery-colored necklace.

I began giving her evil glares from my window because I couldn't bring myself to step into that dreadful place.

"Yah! Kim Jonghyun!" I faintly heard someone shout my name from behind. "Oh shoot!", I thought, "Rat-Jung 's spotted me,dang it! He really has the nose of dog in additon to his insane rat-sneakyness."

I gotta hide for now....

I gave the school library one last glance.

And it was still as silent as ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hi there! ^-^ I'm greatly thankful to those who have subscribed to me so far and I'm honored as well to the silent readers out there that might have liked my story! Thankyou for reading~ and I hope you guys enjoyed this one as well.. As for the next one, I'll try my best//// 0^0/

P.S. It might be too much to ask, but I would be really really grateful if someone made me a little poster? >-<;;; *gets all beat up*