That Strange Kid

When Fate Becomes Tangled

* sorry i will be editing from time to time so if you don't see some chaps, yeah >-<

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Eun-Sung's POV -

*Ooof!*

My hit the ground with a loud "thunk!" and jolts of paralyzing pain shot up my back. "Owww...", I groaned in agony while rubbing my also sore elbow where the stout librarian had clutched me with her iron-strong grip.

*Thump!*

The furious librarian had also dragged out the sleeping boy with her other arm and dropped him on the ground next to me like a useless piece of baggage. "Wow", I thought, "That lady is seriously terrifying. I really wouln't want to get on her bad side again".

I shivered at the thought of what would happen to me if my face became noted by the librarian and I ended up on her blacklist.

The Librarian left after she gave us what I felt like was an hour-long lecture. Well, more like quick spasms of ear-piercing screaches and other jiberish I can't even recall about being quiet in the Library. Something about the library supposing to be a "sacred" place or whatever.

Anyways, I have never met such a hypocritical Librarian before. I shook my head lightly in disaproval.

Then I flinched as I felt a light tap on my shoulder. "Eeek, the librar- I-I'm sorry oka-", I shut my eyes and started to stutter as I turned my head and clumbsily begged for forgiveness.

Was I too loud again? Did I say something out loud without realizing it?

Seconds turned into minutes as I waited for a beating or another lecture from the crazy librarian. Nothing happened.

"Oh yeah, that blockhead was still here", I slowly realized as I opened my eyes to see a figure rolling on the ground.

"Uhhh.. okay?...whats with him?", I thought to myself while raising one eyebrow and staring awkwardly at him at the same time. I was speechless and had no words to offer. This guy must be in the special ed. section for all I know.

Confused, I started to walk away. This guy was none of my business anyways.

Just when I was about to quietly leave the scene, (class was about to start and I didn't want to be caught with a wierdo) he shouted at me weakly with a worn-out-from-laughing-face. Jeez, he must have had 100 funny bones planted into this body. I don't even know anyore...

"Yah, come back here! You should take responsibilty for this!", I heard him shout.

Shocked, I froze up and turned around rigidly. "Wait, what?", I screamed in my head. I started to say something to him but no words came out of my open mouth.

"That sounds so wrong", I thought, "Plus what did I even do?".

He stood up smoothly and then smiled at me so brightly that I had to look way for a second. I realized that he actually looked quite charming when he wasn't destroying his image by spazzing out on the floor.

He had both hands in his skinny black jeans pockets and he towered about half a head taller than me. Well, maybe it was because I was kind of average heighted.

Still smiling, he asked me, "So what's your name hmm? I don't think i've ever seen your face around here before". "And believe me, I've seen tons. Almost every single female in this school already, no kidding.", he added.

When I didn't say anything back to him, he told me that his name was "Kai". I also learned that the reason he was sleeping in the library at that time was because he was worn out from getting chased earlier.

He didn't mention by whom, but I assumed it was by some money-seeking gangsters (that the school probably had) because I saw that he had some bruises on his left arm.

I didn't ask why. I wasn't that curious anyways.

He was pretty nice and all, but I felt that I had to leave all of a sudden. There were only a few more minutes till the first bell rang, and I really didn't want to be late for my first class. Plus, I had to find a normal friend to hang out with and he was anything but normal.

Of course, my goal was still to fit in like a normal student this time, and I couldn't put that at stake by being around someone like him. I didn't want to be teased or pushed around anymore by my classmates for reasons I couldn't even comprehend.

"Eun-Sung ah, lets be friends, arraso?", I heard him ask from behind me in a friendly manner.

"Wait.", I thought in my mind rigidly, "How did he know my name? And isn't he being too overly familiar?"

As if he had been reading my shocked mind, he notified me with an amused look on his face that it was written all over my backpack.

Right. "Where?", I thought to myself confusedly. Even I didn't know that. Did my crazy parents do that?? I don't want to seem weir-

I chucked off my backpack and checked it all over rushedly but I didn't find a single name. "Huh?", I said out loud subconciously while scratching my messy head.

 

For the millionth time today, Kai started laughing again, but it died out pretty quickly this time. He must have run out of laughs.
 
"You are the most gullible and hilarious girl i've ever met!", he practically screamed in my ear. 
 
"Be careful of your volume", I told him, "that good-natured librarian might hear us and get mad again." I decided to add a little sarcasm to my words. Besides, I couldn't just call her the "crazy man-woman librarian" or anything. 
 
Who knew who would overhear and tattle on me to her now that there were more students flling up in the school. 
 
*snap* *crackle*
 
The atmoshere suddenly turned dark for a second and I turned my head to look for the cause of it. I heard Kai next to me gulp. 
 
"Ruuuuuun!!", he yelled at the top of his lungs. I caught a glimpse of the steaming librarian rushing towards us with a bamboo stick in her hands, just as Kai pulled me away by the arm and started running towards the hallway that led to the classrooms. 
 
Great. Now i've probably made it onto her blacklist.
 
When we reached the end of the hall, he was still holding onto my arm while slightly panting from the unnecessary excercise. 
 
I noticed this and shook his hand off discreetly. Then I started making my way to my classroom again. There was no way that I would disappoint my life goal.
 
As I began to move away, I took one last glance at Kai, but he had this disappointed look on his face that made me want to stay. 
 
"Do you hate me?", he asked slowly.
 
"Of course not", I thought, "Why would I?.. It's just-".
 
As if he was reading my mind again, Kai sighed softly and said, " I'm sorry that I acted so uncool in front of you. What's wrong with me today? I'm normally not like this... Only that being around you makes me feel so different- so relaxed...so fre-".
 
"eh hemmm", he cleared he throat awkwardly and smiled meekly at me, "sorry about that".
 
"I don't hate you.", I said.to him. I was feeling pretty guilty for making such a nice person feel sad. I didn't know I was this mean.
 
With that, Kai's atitude turned around 180º and he began to happily walk towards me. "You dropped this", he told me with another one of his charming smiles as he handed me my crinkled up schedule.
 
I thanked him briefly.
 
"So you were a new student after all", Kai commented with a chuckle.
 
So that was where he got my name from. At least he wasn't a stalker.
 
*Diiing Doooong* *Diiiing Dooooong*
 
The first period bell rang and I started heading to my classroom after saying my quick "bye" to him. 
 
I had read my schedule and looked over my map many times before class started so I wouldn't have any trouble finding my rooms. But being the paranoid person I was, I looked at my white schedule sheet again.
 
I knew that my homeroom was the 3rd door to the left of this hall but I had to make sure anyways. " A wing ....left... teacher's lounge... room A-3 and-", I mused but my thoughts were cut off as I bumped into something hard. Well, more like rock hard...
 
I looked up to see a handsome face of a guy I had never seen before. But.. there were doodles all over his face?
 
My head was dizzy and spinning. Then I realized that I had just bumped into one of the school's stone pillars and there was a piece of poster paper taped onto it. "Kim Jonghyun !", it read on the poster. There was also some other stuff written on it but the print was too small and I was too dizzy to focus on reading it. 
 
"Interesting", I thought to myself.
 
Right then, I heard that familiar chuckling again. "Wait, why were you following me??", I half screamed and half squeaked. I was so freaked out.
 
"I wasn't.", I heard him say.
 
"Then what?", I demanded accusingly, "You were walking behind me this whole time weren't you? And you call that not following?".
 
"Aahh... maybe you wanted me to follow you?", he asked me tauntingly. When did he ever get so full of himself?
 
I was about to say something mean to him, but he quickly explained that his class was in this direction also. Okay? Hard to believe, but i'll buy his reason this time.
--
When I walked into the classroom, the class was just about full. The teacher came in around 30 seconds later.
 
"Good, i'm on time", I thought as I tried to walk to the front of the classroom. I was a new student that only arrived during the middle of the first semester so I had to be introduced in the front of the classroom.
 
My eyes widened in shock when I saw that Kai had entered the same room as me! "You gotta be kidding me!", I thought. 
 
But I quickly moved my eyes away from him and composed myself. It was pretty much nerve-wrecking up there because everyone began to notice and stare at me with curious eyes. 
 
But amongst the crowd, I saw in the very back row, a suspicious-looking guy glaring at me. All the seats in his row were empty for some reason.
 
Somehow, his face looked kind of familiar....where have I.... My train of thoughts were broken and I dropped my suspicions as my teacher, Mr. Jung (I know it said that somewhere on my schedule sheet) started announcing me as a new student.
 
I crossed my fingers and hoped that I was going to have a good school year.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello my fellow readers out there! I hoped you enjoyed this chapter~ Please be sure to leave some comments down there if you liked it or not so I know how you felt~~ thankyou!  Also, silent readers, plz don't be shy and subscribe/ comment as well! TY!!

>-< I kind of update at random times.. sorry it will depend on how much time I have.