Upcoming Troubles

When Fate Becomes Tangled

- Eun-Sung's POV -

 

"Listen up, class!" I heard the teacher yell at the class in his scratchy voice. "As you can all see, we have a new transfer student here with us today".

"Please introduce yourself to the class" He instructed me. I couldn't help but think that his raspy voice sounded like an evil rat's might have sounded like in an animated film. He should have become a voice-actor or something instead of a teacher, I thought to myself.

I slowly stepped into the middle of the front of the classroom and shakily began to introduce myself. I thought it would be easy, but when I opened my mouth to talk, it felt like the hardest task in the world. Why can't I just say what I'm thinking?

"H-hi...My name is Kim Eun-Sung a-and I just transferred from Woolim High. I'm 17 years old t-this year. Tha-thankyou and please take care of me." I closed my eyes shut and bowed down politely to my classmates. I felt my whole face turning red from my embarrassing speech. This was great, just great. What a nice way to start out. Making a fool of yourself, Eun-Sung.

Surprisingly, I didn't hear any rude remarks or snickers so I opened my eyes. But just as I was beginning to feel relieved, I did start to hear some rude comments and a lot of snickering.

Well actually, I realized, they were all directed at me by a certain someone sitting in the back row. God he's annoying I thought.100 times worse than Kai. No wait. Cross that. Kai is a heaven-sent angel compared to that rude guy sitting in the back.

Well there goes my first impression I murmured quietly. The rest of the class was probably going to follow his lead and start teasing me. I really wanted everything to be perfect this time too. I didn't want to meet the same fate as in my previous schools.

Scared, I turned my attention to the rest of the class to check their reactons, but they were either just sleeping now or chatting with each other. Phew... I breathed a sigh of relief. Maybe it was going to be okay after all.

"Ah HEEEEM HMM!" my homeroom teacher began to clear his throat in order to get his class's attention. "Pay attention, students! Class has just started and I absolutely do not want to see anyone with their heads on their desks or doing anything unrelated to learning in my classroom. Detention for anyone who doesn't follow my rules!" He shouted in his still raspy voice. I was going to have to get used to his rat-voice if I wanted to focus in class.

"Alright.. where shall I seat you.." I heard teacher Jung think outloud to himself as he studied the seating chart, looking for an empty seat. "How about that seat on the left?" He pointed to a desk near the middle of the room. Okay, I was perfectly fine with that. That place looked normal to me.

"NOO!" I hear someone scream. It was a girl with a very shrill voice who sat in the seat behind the one I was about to be assigned to. "I won't be able to see my beautiful Key oppa from here if you let her sit there!" she whined to the teacher. Surprisingly, teacher Jung didn't object to her and he told me to just choose a random seat in the back.

Ugh...I kind of wanted that seat. It had a nice window-view and fresh air. Dissapointed, I trudged to the back of the classroom where It was hard to see the blackboard.

On the way to my seat, I looked to see who this "so great" Key oppa was. He had yellowish looking hair-obviously dyed to make himself look cool, and some metal piercings on his ear. He didn't look like he cared about the girl who was shouting his name. He was too busy doing something on his phone. Probably texting, I thought.

I scanned around the back of the room to choose my seat. I suddenly felt chills down my back again and I tried to shake it away. Stop imagining things, you Pabo.

But it wasn't my imagination this time. I knew when I met eyes with the suspicious guy sitting in th back row. He was glaring at me with cold, hard eyes like I had just stolen his most precious treasure or something. But I knew that it couldn't be. Jeez, I've never even met this guy before yet he was already giving me these evil stares. I laughed uncertainly to myself.

What's it to him?

Even in my old school (as much as I don't want to mention), people didn't start picking on me until at least a week after my arrival. Things were getting kind of weird in this school. First, I met someone who can't stop laughing everytime they see me and then I bump into someone who won't stop glaring at me even though I've never even seen him before.

I reached the back of the classroom and picked the seat furthest away from him. It was the seat in the right corner of the classroom where I could see nothing but acres of plain wall on my two sides. So much for being able to doing well in class this year. Well, I guess it's okay anyways because my brain is on the smart side. I'll manage.

The teacher began his dull lesson but I was happy that things were going smoothly.

Until I heard the rackety scooting of a chair beside me. Oh No...Nope. Nope. Uh- uh I tried to deny to myself as the shuffling came to a stop. I pretended that I was deeply concentrated on taking notes on the boring mathematics that Teacher Jung was lecturing about. Only I was a really bad actor and I couldn't concentrate when I knew that someone was staring at me. With an overpowering intensity.

I could tell not only from looking through the corner of my eyes, but from my gut feeling as well.

Minutes later, I could still feel their presence.

I almost started breaking out in a sweat. It was becoming pretty difficult to concentrate on my maths and I refused to look to my left direction. Who knew what bad things could happen if I did.

Why won't this person just go away and leave me alone? Staring is rude you know?

Then I felt heat at my side and I knew someone was leaning dangerously close to me. This person really doesn't get the concept of personal space I began to think, but my thoughts were cut off by a strange sensation. I could smell their scent and the body heat was becoming overwhelming. My face began heat up and the pace of my heartbeat was quickening.

The chair next to me slightly creaked as they moved in even closer to me. Our faces were less than half an inch away. I held my breath and didn't make any movement.

His chest was obviously pressed against my shoulder now,(I was assuming it was a dude by now because I could tell by my senses) and there was no denying that he was up to something.

If I ignore him  I thought, he'll give up on his own and leave, I attempted to comfort myself. Except that my heart was still beating like mad and I wasn't sure if I was just scared or if my crazy hormones were reacting to his undeniably well-built body.

When he realized that I wasn't going to react to his insane attempts to do who knows what, I sensed him slowly shift his position and move his head away from my face.

I breathed a sigh of relief because I thought he was going to stop now, but man was I seriously wrong. Instead, I was met with shock as felt his scorching hot breath on my neck as he began to breathe warm air onto my tingling skin. Somehow, my skin was getting itchy now and he didn't seem to be leaning over me anymore. I couldn't take it anymore so I decided to react and feel my prickling skin.

What the- I touched my neck and and felt something revoltingly warm and squishy on my fingertips.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" I screamed, "BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGG!!!!"

The whole class was silent now, except for the person next to me who was laughing like crazy at my chaotic distress. He was seriously laughing his off.

The next thing I knew, The teacher had yelled at me. "DETENTION TODAY AFTER SCHOOL FOR YOU, MS. KIM EUNSUNG-SHI!" "DON"T FORGET, YOU TOO, YOUNG MAN!" He added with his unsettling screechy voice.

Ugh.. It's only my first period of the day and I already have to stay after school for detention. I guess I'll have to lie to my parents to say that I'm staying back to help the teacher or something. At least it won't be a complete lie since he'll probably force us to do some cleaning of some sort, seeing how insanely dirty this room is.

Classes went by faster for the rest of the day because I seemed to fit in quite well. Everyone regarded me quite normally as well. And of course, there were no idiots present to bother me. I also found that Kai was also in my third period class, which was P.E. I felt nonchalant about that. There was also this situation where I almost went into the wrong locker room and saw all these guys, but I won't elaborate on that for now. It was too embarrassing.

At lunch time, a girl named Min-Soo even invited me to come sit with her when she saw me awkwardly standing at the side of the
cafeteria after getting my food from the lunch counters.

You wouldn't even be able to imagine how elated I felt when she offered for me to go with her. I think I made my very first friend!

But as I was leaving my 6th period classroom (last period), I suddenly remembered that I had to stay back for detention. My happy mood was all ruined now and I quickly sent my mother a vague text about staying after school.

You won't even be able to guess what I was met with when I entered the room that afternoon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hello there again! ^-^/ I hope you are enjoying the story so far... and sorry about the previous chapies if I made Kai seem too retarded/// *gets killed* but anyways, thanks for following me so far... and please don't forget to leave a comment below!! >v ahhh