A Memorable Scare

When Fate Becomes Tangled

- No One's POV -

 

Eun-Sung rushed out of the locker room as quickly as possible to avoid getting the stink of various overly-sweet perfumes from clinging to her body.

She hated the smell of those excessive liquids, and would often feel faint when too many people around her were wearing it.

How can anyone even stand to spray that kind of thing all over their body? Eun-Sung thought tiredly to herself. She was feeling slightly faint from changing in that cramped up locker room.

Those girls just can't control their urge to do anything possible to make themselves feel "attractive" She shuddered at the thought of having to change in that room every day.

As Eun-Sung slowly walked towards her class's resting spot and waited for the P.E. coach to arrive,  she began to recover from her confused senses.

Just take deep breaths..deep breaths.. Eun-Sung calmed herself while breathing in and out slowly. This feeling usually disappears pretty quickly anyways.

It was getting hotter and hotter outside each minute even though it was still in the middle of winter. Strange

The coach was taking longer than usual to show up. Everybody started counting down the 15 minutes that the coach was late and waited eagerly until they could skip class and run off to their freedom.

Goodness.. Eun-Sung thought while fanning herself. She heard the heavy steps of running approaching the class and began to sigh in relief that they would finally get started on something. P.E. was her favorite subject after all.

But the next thing she knew, a sharp elbow had jabbed into her side and she felt tighten as all the air was pushed out of her lungs. A thousand needles began to prickle at and ribs.Then she heard insane screaming and weakly turned to see a small mob of girls from a different class running towards her.

They were shouting something that she couldn't quite catch in the midst of her dizzyness.

It sounded something either like a "Hi" or a "Bye".

Great. What do we have here now? Eun-Sung pondered, knowing that this was a completely mad situation. She still couldn't tell what had so forcibly knocked away the last of her breath.

There was some rustling now and she heard some comments of concern. People were slowly starting to form a nosy circle around her in curiousity.

Things were getting hazy now, and she felt more nauseous than ever. She couldn't see the details of the sweating face that was hovering just above her's.

Someone grabbed her body and started lifting her off the ground in bridal style.

W-what's that weird mark.. Eun-Sung muttered inaudibly before she started loosing consciousness. Then everything went black.

--

- Eun-Sung's POV -

When I woke up, I was lying down on a cold, hard surface that felt fairly smooth under my skin. I assumed that I was in the school infirmary. What happened again? Oh yeah, some clutz knocked me to the ground in P.E. I remembered.

I groggily got up from the surface and started to scan around the room. What time is it? I wondered out loud. It was pretty dark in here and I couldn't really see that well. My eyes started adjusting to the darkness.

Then I turned to the wall on my left and saw something tall and hovering over me. I squinted at the mysterious object and willed my eyes to adjust faster to the barely lighted up room.

My eyeballs hurt from the dry impact of the air as I tried to widen my eyes in attempt to see more. 

Then my eyes suddenly adjusted to the darkness and the thing in front of my face became clear.

"AHHHHHHHHHHGHGHHGH!!" I screamed as loud as I could in a high-pitched but crackling voice.

Another object seated behind me that had escaped my field of vision the first time jumped up in shock. Seems he had just woken up.

"Wh-what?! Whats wrong?" he asked in shock as he stood up abruptly to check up on me. He sounded quite concerned.

"It's a M-M-M- MOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPP!!!!!" I screeched even louder at the thing in front my face. The person's sudden presence added to my shock.

"AHHHHHHH~MOOOOOOOOPPPP!!!" He began screaming with me.

I began choking from all the hoarse screaming. It really took a toll on my already dry throat.

Then he realized. "Wait, what?" He questioned me, "Why are we screaming about a mop?"

 

FLASHBACK -

It was 3:00 and school had just ended. WWHHOOO hOOO, you would normally think, but that wasn't the case yet. I still had to stay after school to recieve my undeserved punishment.

It just wasn't yet my turn to escape to my home sweet home. Not even close. I mentally cried in my mind. I so didn't deserve this.

All because of that irritating moron.

I STILL don't get why it had to be me. Seriously, actually- not just him, but everyone.. But this is really the first time it was a MALE -with such glaring intensity too!

Ugh.. my life will never change.

As I was passing through the hallway, I saw that poster with the doodles on it again. It caught my attention for some reason so I nosily walked up to it and examined it for the second time.

OMO omo omo! I made a late realization and a light bulb literally lit up above my head. Tha- THATS the idiot who played the dirty trick on me! "Jooongg-hyuunn", I slowly pronounced his name as I read from the poster. So thats his name. Too fancy for a jerk like him...

I noticed the doodles again, but  this time I couldn't help but laugh out loud. The placement of the moustache and unibrow was just too hilarious! HA! Serves him right, I thought. Whoever did this, I have respect towards you.

"Nice one" I thought as I still snickered and headed for the detention room.

--

I reached for the doorknob right after I checked the plastic sign above the doorway. It read: A-3. Okay, right classroom.

I started to turn the knob but I heard a rustling sound inside. It abruptly stopped. "He probably heard me coming and is planning to scare me when I come though the door", I thought.

So I took some precautions. I waited a few seconds before I kicked the door open with my strong calf muscles. *SLAMM*

The door hit the wall as it opened inwards. Hopefully, that didn't make a dent in the wall. I gulped and felt a tinge of regret as I pondered about the perfectly dirty wall that I was probably going to scrub later.

"Hmm.. no sound now..perhaps I just imagined it? Or he was just cleaning in there. I overthink things too much." I thought to myself carefully.

Content now that I was rid of my suspicions, I stepped into the room without any other thoughts.

When I walked into the room, it was still silent. Well, more like DEAD silent. Anyways, it was too quiet for it to be normal. I saw no signs of any idiots around the room, nor did I even see a teacher anywhere that should have been in charge of the room.

I started picking up the mop on the wall (that was strangely propped up with the mop side facing up), and began to make my way towards a dirty spot on the floor..

"But wait. Uh... what is this?" I thought confusedly as I neared the stain.

....It was...I-It- IT WAS RED??? Shoot! It looks like... "BLLOOOOOD!" I screamed bloody murder. But no one heard me. Where was everyone?

I shivered at the thought of the possibility of it being blood. NO WAY, I thought. Why woul-

My eyes caught onto a few more specks of red and then without realizing it, I was suddenly following a trail of red. The redness was slowly flowing in my direction like a water-worm and the red drops were slowly connecting.

I felt completely terrified and I was shaking all over.

I slowly rotated my head to look towards the direction the pool of red was slowly spreading from.

I froze.

.

.

That..

It...

It was coming from the direction of the wooden DOOR! The one I had previously KICKED open with a humungous force!

"Uhh oh..." I thought as I was drowning in a puddle of fear,"I didn't just kill someone, did I?"

I slowly crept towards the door on my wobbly legs and reluctantly pulled it towards me. The soft creaking of the old door didn't help much.

I covered my eyes when the dor was fully opened and took a deep breath.

Then I slowly peeled my fingers away from my eyes to reveal a...BLOODY JONGHYUN.

"AAAAa-Mmmph!" I covered my mouth to muffle my scream. "HOLY !" I screamed over and over in my head, "HOLY FREAKIN !!". This wasn't even a joke anymore.

Jonghyun's face was covered in red and it looked all bloody. It was a mess.

"Y-yah!.." I said uncertainly as I nudged his shoulder using the tip of my foot.

"D-don't do this to me...If you're pretending right now, I'm just letting you know right now, ...I-I'ts NOT funny." I tried again.

No response.

I began whimpering now. "I'm not a murderer", I thought to myself. But it wasn't very reassuring.

I slowly knelt down next to him and placed my hands on his chest. He still didn't stir, so I was beginning to seriously freak out.

I noticed that he wasn't even breathing. I couldn't feel his chest falling up and down. Jonghyun was dead unconcious.

My palms were also trembling and they began to get sweaty. Slowly, I lowered my head onto his still chest and pressed my ear against where I thought his heart should have been.

*Thump, Tha-Thump* I heard, "Phew!! He's still alive!!" I was beyond relieved now. Even though I hated this jerk, I didn't want to accidentally kill him of course. What would that have made of me?

I sighed and let my worries drift away.

*Thump, Tha-Thump, Thump, Thumpthump!* Wait something is strange here..I heard his heartbeat grow louder and faster as the intensity of his heart rate increased. *THUMP!THUMP!THUMP!* It was getting pretty wild now and I wondered if he was having a heart attack.

I started to worry all over again when I felt sudden movement and then heard a soft, husky voice whisper into my ear. It was strangely y."Do you love my chest that much?" Jonghyun asked teasingly with a smirk on his face.

"I know you do", he added.

But by that time, I was already up and ready onto my feet. The shock had quickly disappeared to be replaced with bubbling anger. I was furious at him for tricking me and making me feel so painfully worried. I had never worried so hard before in my life!

I started opening my mouth to scream something at him, whatever insults I could think of in the heat of the moment, but I was rudely interrupted.

"Look at your left arm" He told me casually with an indifferent look on his face. I was mad, but I still looked at whatever he was yapping about. Nothing. I didn't see anything. Was he trying to joke with me now- "Up" He added casually again.

The mop was still tightly gripped in my left hand and I followed the plastic blue stick up to the head of the mop.

Then I saw... white.. little.. MAGOoottttSS EWWWWW!!!! UGHHH!!! Disgusting!!! I ran around the room with the mop still in my hand.

When I realized that I was still holding onto the revolting thing, I threw the mop halfway across the room in panic and hit him square in the face with it. Then I ran out the door still screaming.

I imagine that he had a lot of fun laughing about it to himself after I left. That day, I didn't even help him clean the room. But it served him RIGHT! Hmmph!

- END OF FLASHBACK -

 

- Eun-Sung's POV -

*sigh*

I've probably developed a fear of mops by now.

I turned to the person next to me. I couldn't make out who it was, but I told him, "Nothing, I thought I just saw a bug, that's all". He didn't need to know about my idiodicy.

Then I looked at my surroundings again, now that my eyesight was adjusted to the darkness more clearly. Wait a minute...

I came to another strange realization.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Double update! (maybe no time tommorow) WHeee! I hope that chapter wasn't too intense LOL. Anyways, please be sure to leave a comment below and subscribe! ^^;

That way I'll know if you liked it or not~~ thankyou!! Sorry for any mistakes~ not quite edited yet! >0<

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! JEBAL! JEBAL!

P.S. Your comments really mean a LOT to me so please be sure to!