Unexpected Love

One Shots

The uproar in the brightly lit huge room was at its highest peak. Some were putting make-up on, some were checking their costumes, some were rehearsing dance moves or repeating lyrics to themselves. There were also many, who were carefree, chasing each other, playing pranks, chatting lively. A certain girl was trying to kiss others as many times as possible, while getting angry glares from a certain raven-haired. Another certain girl was listening to the girl who shared the same name with her, only nodding at times, or smiling, when ‘chiyuu’ sounded too cute to keep a poker face. Yet another girl was emitting black aura, so no one dared to approach her. She was tapping her slender long fingers on the make-up table surface and looking at the main entrance doors, certainly waiting for someone to open them and come inside. But when doors opened, her aura became even more black, as the ones behind the doors were the two girls, who were being pushed too many, especially recently, one from former Team 4, another from now Teams A and N, former Team K. So the girl, who emitted black aura, swiftly grabbed her phone and started to frantically type a message, only to stop halfway through, as the doors opened again, and another two girls came inside. They weren’t the ones she wanted to see the most, but they were those who all the current members missed the most, especially their closest friends.

Everyone stopped in their actions and started greeting the guests with smiling faces, a few new members crying from having an opportunity to meet those two. One of them kept her blank face, but then she smiled to her closest friends, making a wrinkle appear on her nose. And then her eyes beamed a huge amount of glitter, after noticing the General Manager, and she jumped on that short girl, who already had grown her hair long, and was able to put them in a ponytail with the bow again. The said midget murmured the name of the guest and hugged her back, trying to keep on her feet, as the taller one launched on her with her full power. Another guest made jokes with everyone, her cheery voice and bright smile making everyone at ease. Her energetic movements, funny jokes and irresistible squirrel-like features reminded everyone of old good days, when she was still a member of this group. And yet no one noticed the sadness in her eyes, when she saw two people hugging. She hid it perfectly, as she was now a number one actress. Yes, she shared the title with the other guest, so it was easy to hide boiling emotions inside. Yet painful. She suddenly shouted a certain person’s nickname and approached the girl, who was playing with her DS, like always, not paying attention to her surroundings. She of course saw the guest, but she was on the very important mission, and she just couldn’t stop playing, so she just greeted the person by simply calling her name and kept playing. The taller midget – a squirrel-look-alike one – smirked and made a swift movement, mastered by her through so many years while in this group. She carefully dived under and then between playing girl’s hands, making herself in her arms, and sat on those beautiful long legs, then hugged her and nuzzled in her neck, making sure the cat girl would be able to play the game.

Yet the short girl’s eyes were intensely staring at the view in front of her, making her annoyed and unhappy, yet all she could do was pretend she didn’t care, and keep showing her content face. It’s not like she didn’t feel good being in this girl’s arms, nuzzling in her neck as at old times, but her love for this person was always playful, as she tried to hide her feelings and real huge love for another person, the one she now was looking at. That certain person was sitting on the couch, while the short midget manager was laying on that couch, her head on the black-haired girl’s lap. The taller one was caressing the girl’s in a ponytail hair, smiling to her warmly and even affectionately. The squirrel girl gritted her teeth, making sure the girl playing a DS wouldn’t notice a thing, then closed her eyes, and nuzzled deeper in that soft neck. Suddenly the doors opened again, revealing a cute black haired, who squealed after seeing the nuzzling girl. She jumped up and down excitedly, not noticing the girl, emitting the darkest aura possible. Everyone stopped in their actions again, afraid of what’s to come, while the unsuspecting girl giggled happily, showing ‘oshiri’ sign.

And then she felt it, a tight grip on her shoulder. Then she met with cold glaring eyes, their owner glowing in such a black color no one probably ever saw. The cute girl gulped and placed a chaste kiss on the dark girl’s neck, just a bit below her ear, where her sensitive spot was, making her release the grip and blush. Yet the dark aura was still there, but the cute girl decided to do something about it later, after speaking with the long-time-no-see squirrel girl, who looked very comfortable in the tall cat girl’s arms. The black haired actress, while still gently caressing the manager’s hair, observed the scene unfolding in the huge room. She felt like at those old days, when things like crying from pressure, wanting to leave this place, not believing in yourself, or doing your best, joking with others around, traveling everywhere happened. So many memories flooded her mind, and then she glanced at a certain girl. She noticed the pain in her eyes the moment their eyes met, but that was soon changed by playfulness, and soon the girl she was looking at was playing with the other girl’s hair with her fingers, nuzzling in her neck deeper than ever, whispering something in the tall girl’s ear. Then the doors opened yet again, and two people barged in. Well, actually, one barged in, another walked normally. The energetic one was with black long hair that went in locks, and her face really reminded that of Gachapin’s. The calm one was very tall, she had short light brown hair and was dressed in a very fashionable jumper pants. She was yet another graduate, and she came with those two, but on their way she met this bubbly black haired, and was dragged to someplace. Now they came here, and the atmosphere was even more fun, as the model girl’s jokes and the Gachapin’s funny attempts were the center of attention.

~

“Nee, NyanNyan, wanna hang out at your room?” asked Yuko her beloved cat girl, who was preparing to leave. The concert was over, it was fun and enjoyable, especially with the three guest appearances. Not Yet was still a group, even though Yuko left AKB48 one year ago, so she appeared at concerts from time to time. And Acchan was more than happy to show up at Request Hours, also some bigger venue concerts. She sometimes even popped up in the Theater. Mariko-sama graduated half a year ago, later than Yuko, but that was expected. She was always showing everyone, that she’s capable of doing things her way. Now she was a model and TV person, but coming to the concerts was one of her priorities, especially giving advices to her kouhais. So they really had fun at this concert, maybe the most fun in a long time, meeting all of them together again. And Yuko really wanted to do something more fun, to be with her friends more; she didn’t feel like spending the evening alone. She had other friends, lots of them, but now she was too tired to go and hang out with them. But spending time with AKB members was always relaxing, that’s way she asked Kojiharu for ‘audience’.
“Gomenne, Yuuchan. I already made a deal with Mariko-sama. We’re going to dine out. Sorry about that. Maybe other time, okay, Yuuchan?” asked the model and ruffled Yuko’s hair absentmindedly. She was too focused on the mirror, looking at herself and putting make-up on.
“NyanNyan looks beautiful even without make-up...” noted Yuko and turned around. She noticed Mayu being dragged by Yukirin, as they had unfinished business. The short girl sighed and then beamed a huge smile.

“Oi, midget, do you have time?” asked she the General Manager.
“Un, chotto.... I’m going with Miichan and Yuihan to look through the today’s video material. Wanna join us?” asked Takamina. “Acchan is joining us too.”
“No... I’m too tired for that...” she replied, picked up all of her things. “Maybe Rena is available...”
“No, Rena already left with Jurina. They promised each other a week ago that they will spend this ni...time together...” answered Minami. Well, some kouhais were still here. They might know about some couples, but some things were not to their ears.
“Well, I’m not surprised, as Jurina is at the perfect age for that now.” murmured Yuko and waved to everyone. “Bye minna, see you next time. NyanNyan...” she hugged her cat friend and nuzzled in her s again.
“See you around, Yuuchan.” smiled Kojiharu and patted the squirrel’s head. Maybe everyone was surprised through all the evening that not even once Yuko was yanked on the had, but Haruna had her own reasons. Yuko kind of knew about them, and was happy for her cooperation. She nuzzled deeply the last time, then beamed her charming smile and left to the hotel. AKB members now had more freedom than ever and going separately after such huge concerts was now an option one was glad to have. Yet they still had to spend time in their hotel, but dinning out or playing games or anything was okay, as long as that happened within the hotel’s boundaries.

~

After reaching her hotel room, Yuko tossed her things on the floor and plodded to take a shower. However, her mind was too occupied with someone in particular. Maybe it was jealousy, maybe she just missed her. Though they were now both out of AKB48, and both were doing the same job, and even both sharing No.1 actress title, they still rarely met, not even talking about spending some time alone. Last time they were both eating out was one day after Yuko graduated from AKB, and after that they stopped seeing each other on other occasions except work for a specific reason. But Yuko was kind of glad. She got back the thing she wanted the most. Through all the years she was in Akimoto’s created group, she had this friendly rivalry with Acchan, and that was what kept her going further. It’s all thanks to that wrinkled-nose girl, who made squirrel’s life in AKB something enjoyable. Of course, they all were friends there, and at some point rivals, but not to the same extent as Yuko and Atsuko. Only they were worth each other, only they were always really competing and worth competing to get No.1 place. And even though Yasushi’s favorite was Acchan, even though Yuko knew her getting first place won’t make her his favorite, she did it nevertheless. Not for Aki-P, not for AKB like Acchan, not for her family members, and not even for herself as some others thought. She did it for two reasons.

One – her fans. They were her true real supporters, not letting her down even in the gloomiest moments of her life. Reading their letters, collecting their presents, giving them handshakes and chatting on G+... All that made her believe in herself. And second reason was... Maeda Atsuko. Yuko felt she had to show Acchan her strength, to show that she’s not alone struggling to keep in the top, that she’s not alone carrying the heavy weight of being an actress, singer, dancer, TV person, model and lots of other options at the same time. Yuko also had this weight on her shoulders. Maybe lesser, maybe sometimes heavier, but still, it was a weight, a cross on her shoulders she had to carry. By fighting friendly alongside, they kind of shared that cross together, making it easier to carry it for the both of them. And yet it still was heavy, and Acchan was the first one to drop it, and leave it for Yuko to carry alone. At first she was still carrying it, but after winning the election, becoming a Team K captain, then winning the election again, and winning it yet again... She felt like something was missing. Despite being pushed a lot, other members never reached higher than 2nd place, and Yuko felt a bit guilty. Of course, she was thankful to her fans and their support was really something, winning three years in a row, but... She couldn’t bear it any longer, she needed some tough competition, so she graduated, with some even fainting from her announcement. And after graduating she felt as if she was born anew. She had more free days, she did the work she loved the most. And she was finally getting her rivalry. At first she was third, and Acchan second. Then Acchan topped the list of actresses, and Yuko became second. She thought they might fight for the first position like in AKB. But sharing the first place... Now she had this huge rock dropping on her heart and weighing her down. Because while their rivalry was friendly, they became less and less close due to.... Due to what? Due to something Yuko had no idea, why and how happened. Just that it separated them for such a long time, there was probably no way they might become close again.

~

Lying on her bed, she thought many things over and over again. Not wanting to delve more into this slump mood, Yuko reached her phone and mailed Takamina.

>To: Bakamidget
>From: Yuuchan
>Content: Hey, midget, what are you doing?
Still looking through the video material? (^^)
How do I look there?
How many of you are there?
Sorry for asking many questions, but I’m bored... (´Д` )
Entertain me, midget! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
I demand some suberanai stories!!

>To: Squirrel
>From: GM
>Content: Yap, still doing the same. ♪(^o^)v
Me, Miichan and Yuihan. ☆
Acchan is with you, right?
I won’t entertain you with my interesting stories!! (ToT)
Miichan, don’t peek over my shoulder!
Wait, why I wrote that here?.. (・・;)

Yuko thought if she should write something back, but all her mind could process at the time was where Acchan might be... She’s not with Bakamidget, not here at Yuko’s room, so where is she? On a date with some guy? In her own room? With someone else? The squirrel girl tossed the phone on the fluffy white carpet, then hugged tightly the pillow and cuddled between the sheets. Even though she loved running around , she somehow felt very cold and alone this evening, so she was now in pajama pants and long sleeved hoodie, that she got as a present from Atsuko on Christmas last year. Then she heard a knock on the door, and wondered who this might be. For some unknown reason her heart skipped many beats, and it didn’t stop pounding, like about to jump out of her chest. She got out of bed, still holding the pillow and went to open the door. With every step her heartbeat went faster and faster, and she stopped in her tracks a few steps from the door. She wanted to calm down and open the door calmly, in her composed cheerful manner, but that pumping thing inside her was not letting it. Its beating was loud and fast. Yuko took in a deep breath, then went last few steps and opened the door. Pillow left her hands and fell on the floor, and heart stopped beating for a second, even her breathing stopped. There stood Atsuko with a smile on her face. Not the wrinkled smile, a firm, earnest and determined smile. She went in, closed the door, picked up the pillow and tossed in onto the couch.

“Hey, alone?” asked she.
Yuko finally came back to her senses, put on a mask on her face and turned to her friend (?) with a light smile.
“Alone, like always at this time. Why are you here? I thought you’re staying with Takamina, and then she wrote me, that you and I are together. So, um, why did you tell her that?”
“Well, now we’re together, right?”
“Why? What are you doing here, Acchan?”
“You don’t know?”
“No. Care to explain?”
The taller girl went few steps closer to the short girl. Yuko’s heart started its running course again.
“Yuko... I’m sorry, okay?”
“About what?” it was harder to keep her voice steady.
“About the last time...” went a sentence, bringing back a memory from that painful day.

~

“Oshima-san, otsukaresama dea. It was a pleasure, as always, working with you.”
“Ah, iie, kochira koso.”
“Yuko!! Congrats on this amazing photoshoot!” shouted someone, and the next moment that someone was squeezing the air out of Yuko’s lungs by hugging her affectionately.
“Acchan...” she hugged the black haired back and closed her eyes, all her muscles relaxing in comforting and very well known hands. “Thanks for staying with me all this time.”
Yuko was really thankful, as Atsuko came here straight away after shooting for the drama. The squirrel was against it at first, but she knew once the taller girl decides something, you won’t change her mind.
“Hehe. We should go and eat together, Yuko. Just yesterday you graduated, so you probably ate less than always.”
“Well... You know me too well...” smiled Yuko and released herself from the bear hug. “Then let me change and we can go.”

After some time they were already in their favorite restaurant, eating their dinner and chatting about various things. Yuko was so happy to be able to spend some time with Acchan, just the two of them. But then some man approached them. He was really handsome, tall, and looked at Atsuko with some emotion Yuko was not fond of.
“Let me introduce to you, Yuko. This is Nakamura Yuji, my boyfriend.” proudly announced the taller girl, and beamed her wrinkled smile at the guy. He bowed slightly to Yuko.
“Nice to meet you, Oshima-san.”
The squirrel felt her heart shattering to pieces, trying to keep her smile plastered on her face.
“Ni...ce to meet you too... Please, take care of Acchan, okay?” that was all she could muster and through all the other time while dinning with them, she just nodded or shook her head, with some un, chotto or fake giggles added. After dinner she excused herself, saying she’s very tired, and left the restaurant. She didn’t take the taxi. She just ran and ran and ran, until she reached her apartment. It was early in the morning, so she was running about three hours. After taking a quick shower, where her tears were mixed with the hot water, she lied down in her bed, while still crying and cursing the one she loved. From that time she declined meeting Acchan for other than work purposes, and stopped mailing her. Because her heart was broken, and she didn’t want to die from heart attack. Which might have happened, if she was to meet with the happy couple again.


~

“And what about it?” all the pain in her heart came back faster than she expected.
“I... Shouldn’t have let you two meet... And I shouldn’t have dated him in the first place...”
“Why is that? You seemed happy.” scoffed Yuko, as she couldn’t keep everything to herself anymore. “You seemed so happy, so content, you presented him to me so proudly, like he was some lost treasure that you found after millions years of searching.”
Atsuko took one step forward. Now just one step separated them, and Yuko wanted to turn away and run, but at the same time she wanted to show her braveness, so made no move.
“Because I love someone else. Not the man who charmed me like a fool, not Minami, who I’m fond of, and she’s my great friend. Not even Miichan, who calls me her wifey, and really not my friends Wtomo, as they are just my good friends.” while speaking, her gentle eyes did not look anywhere else but straight into Yuko’s eyes, making everything around disappear.
“Why are you telling me this?” asked the shorter girl, her eyes filled with tears.
“Because that person is you, silly.” Acchan wiped away the tears from the squirrel girl’s face and took the last step, then embraced the girl. “I love you. Of that I’m sure like never before. And I want to be with you. I just lack confidence in approaching people myself. But if it is for you... I came here and did something unimaginable. Yes, I can joke around, like with Takamina or Miichan, but with you it’s different, especially after the last time, when I hurt you.”
“Can I really believe in you?” her happiness was about to spread its wings, but Yuko just wanted to make sure she’s not mishearing and that she’s not one of the many affairs Acchan had.
“Well, I’m still a , though many wanted to have me. I just couldn’t let them do anything, as every time they tried to grab my s, your sad face popped out in my head, and I pushed them away. And...another thing. I already told Minami about my feelings to you. It’s she, who nudged me to confess, because you seemed too gloomy for her. You are No.1 actress, Yuko, but you can’t fool us, your closest friends.”

“What’s with the thing? It’s not like I’m going to jump on you just because you confessed...” tried to act all tsundere Yuko, but her lips were already curved into a smile, and eyes were producing tears again. She also told about her feelings to NyanNyan, and the cat girl said things will work out. But for Yuko it was hard to believe it then.
“You’re wetting my blouse.” gently noted Acchan.
“And you’re wrinkling your nose again.” said the midget, though she was not looking at the tall girl. She just knew her so well.
“Can you kiss me, you silly squirrel?”
“Well, you started confessing, not me...” smirked Yuko.
“Oh, so that’s how it is... Then, can I kiss you?”
Yuko backed up a bit and looked seriously at Maeda.
“Only, if that kiss means you really love me.”
“That kiss means my unexpected love.” smiled Acchan and with a passionate kiss claimed her girl.

Moon shinning through the window, two bodies, tangled in the sheets and with each other, the shorter one nuzzling in the taller one’s s.
“Apology accepted.” murmured she, sending shivers down the black haired girl’s spine, and making her hot down there again.
“Yu..ko...”
“Ready for round seven, or feeling too sleepy?” teased the erted squirrel, while her fingers slowly teased near the entrance to the secret spot.
“To...morrow is...my day off...” and she moaned, as after those words three fingers made her dance like she never did before.
“Good, I have a day off too.” beamed her bright smile Yuko and leaned in for a kiss from her love.