Not So Banal Of A Present

One Shots

‗‗Year XX20, June ‗‗

“Yuko-chan!!! Yuko-chan!!! Yuko-cha~~~~n!!!!”

“I’m here, baka~!”

“Where?!! I can’t see you!!!”

“Behind the ghost~”

“Iyada~!!!!! Kowai~~~!!!!”

Suddenly the black haired girl was hugged by someone and screamed with all her might.

“Baka… It’s just me~”

“Mou… Yuko-chan….”

The said ‘Yuko-chan’ wiped the tears from the black haired girl’s face and hugged her in a comforting way.

“I was joking about the ghost. I won’t scare you anymore just don’t cry okay?”

“Un…”

“Such a crybaby you are Acchan.”

“Mou…”

“And so cute when pouting~”

“How can you know I’m pouting? It’s dark in here…”

“I can tell by the tone of your voice. It’s what grandpa taught me before he…”

The girl’s voice cracked but then she smiled widely and took firmly the black haired girl’s hand.

“Let’s go back home, shall we?”

“Un!”


‗‗Year XX30, October ‗‗

“Yuuko-cha~n!!”

“Nani?”

“Can I come over? Onega~i!”

“What for?”

“Ano….need help with homework…”

Acchan looked away innocently and waited for her friends answer. Yuko smiled and patted her friend’s head.

“Fine. But Riku comes over later, so make sure to study well so I can go on a date later, okay?”

“Un.”

“Atsuko, you’re such a cutie pie~”

“Mou…Yuuko-cha~n….”

“Haha…you’re blushing~”

Yuko chuckled and then went to her class. If only she turned around then…she would have noticed a hurt look on then fourteen year old girl’s face.


‗‗Year XX37, July ‗‗

“And CUT!”

“It’s a wrap everyone. Good job!!”

Applause was heard and everyone bowed to each other. A woman with long light brown and a bit curly hair bowed to everyone and then left. She didn’t even change her clothes. She just picked her bag and got into her car that was in the garage near the shooting location.

*’Kimi wa boku da’ ringtone*

She put in the headpiece and answered the call.

“Moshi moshi?”

“Acchan!!”

“Miichan? Doua no?”

“Are you still in Tokyo?”

“Un, I just finished shooting. It was the last scene. Now I’m heading home to pack. Nande?”

“Ano…maybe you should come over…”

“Where..? Miichan…what happened?”

“Just come to the theatre, okay?”

“Okay…”

Being the good friend she was she headed to the place she wanted to visit the least of all other places. It just brought back so many painful memories from her past. When Atsuko reached the theatre there was so peaceful…too peaceful. Wasn’t there supposed to be a musical performed? When she passed the halls, the memories came back and she teared up. The black haired just had to stop for a moment before entering the theatre’s main auditorium.


~flashback~

“Acchan!! Catch me~!”

“EEH?! OOF!!!”

Yuko fell on Acchan with all her strength and they both crashed on the floor, the squirrel girl on top of then black haired girl.

“Y….yuuko….” Atsuko looked away in embarrassment and tried to pry off the heavy squirrel but it was useless. The auburn haired girl snuggled in the one’s under her assets and stayed there while murmuring something.

“Yuuko~!!!!” The girl tried with all her might, her face now was beet red.

The squirrel raised her head and flashed her charming toothy smile which melted Maeda’s heart.

“Nani?” Yuko asked innocently and was smacked on her head by Takamina who was passing by.

“Stop harassing our ace actress and come to help with decorations. If this musical isn't No.1 in the media, you will be at fault and I’ll make you swim in a sea full of balloons.”

The squirrel became all white and shivered while hugging Acchan tightly.

“Mou, Bakamina~ You’re so cruel…”

“Do not whine, Oshima and don’t you dare to call me something starting with B again.”

“Hidoi, midget….”

Acchan could see their General Manager’s face was turning very red and she knew Minami was about to burst so she decided to save her childhood friend and forever crush.

“Ano, Minami. I can always help you with the papers. You just have to ask me.”

She flashed her wrinkle-smile and Takahashi relaxed all of the sudden.

“Okay. Come when you have time, okay?”

Atsuko nodded and when the short girl left she was squeezed Yuko nearly to death.

“Uwa~ You saved me, Acchan~!!! Thank you~!!! I owe you one!!”

“Mhm… I’ll think about what you owe me, now go or she’ll send Mariko here.”

Oshima shivered even more and hurriedly ran to help with decorations.

“Why does it always work with president’s daughter I wonder? Is it because of that incident with balloons when Mariko blew it while Yuko was sleeping?” asked Miichan who appeared out of nowhere and helped Atsuko to stand up.

“Maybe… Anyway, wanna go and see how our juniors practice?” Atsuko asked.

“Hai, my waifu~”


~end of flashback~


She entered the hall and saw everyone was gathered there. Atsuko looked around and noticed a lot of new faces as well many of the old ones. Three of the main ones were not there though and the ex-ace coughed.

“Ano… Hello minna…”

All eyes turned to her and shock was apparent in their faces. They did expect for Miichan to invite Riku or Tomio but Atsuko was not what they expected.

“What happened, Miichan?”

“Well…”

“Why are you here Maeda-san? Shouldn’t you go back to your company? We don’t need traitors here to come and solve our problems.” Watanabe mocked and turned away. He hugged Yuki and smiled gently at her. “Let’s call someone else.”

Suddenly the doors blasted open and two midgets ran in.

“I won’t ever let anyone say things like that about Atsuko.” Stated Minami and glared at Yuuma.

“I’m sorry…” Acchan murmured and turned to run away but was stopped by a tight hug.

With all her body she felt that it was her crush who hugged her with ever so much power. They scrambled on the floor like at the old times and she felt everyone staring. She knew why. It was like back in the days. Whenever the current ace crashed herself on the ex-ace, it would always end up in Yuko being on top of her and snuggling in her assets. Though this time it was different. She always dreamt of this but not in such a place and not in such a way. For a moment she wanted to push the squirrel away as she thought it was a joke or an accident but when she opened her eyes… Yuko had this serious stare at her with gentleness and love hidden deep in her eyes. It melted Atsuko’s heart and she hugged her crush instead. They kissed passionately, ignoring everyone around them and enjoyed the moment until someone coughed. They both blushed and Yuko got up helping Acchan to stand up afterwards.

“So, Miichan.. Why you called all of us here?” a stare from Mariko who came just in time to witness the kiss scene didn’t show any signs of forgiveness, if all this was just a joke.

“I want to clear a misunderstanding. It is my fault that you all despise Acchan and I want to clear that up.” Yuko said and lowered her head.

All eyes were on her, even Atsuko stared in disbelief. What just happened while she was away?

“I know you think she left our theatre because she wanted to act badly for other companies but that is not true. I said that out of anger and couldn’t bring myself to say the truth. Until today.”

Yuko turned to face Acchan and held her by the chin while staring deeply in her eyes.

“I've loved you since forever. I don’t want you to kiss other men, I don’t want you to hug other people and I hate it when you give others more attention than me. We lost contacts because you left and I hated that. Being so far away from you, seeing you only on TV… I was a fool to think the feelings will go away. I know you left because of me and I am sorry.”

“Yuko…”

“Takamina said to me you had feelings for me…you probably don’t have them anymore but…”

She was cut by a tight hug from Acchan followed by a deep kiss.

“I also love you…” Tears trickled down Acchan’s cheeks. “Being called a crybaby, being called y, being joked with and pranked by you… I remember everything… And I don’t want to forget no matter how painful it is to remember everything.”

Yuko wiped Atsuko’s tears and smiled.

“You don’t have to suffer anymore as I will always be by your side. Nee….you know what day today is, right?”

“10th of July…” smiled Atsuko and shook her head in disbelief when Yuko pulled out a small pouch out of her pocket.

“One, I thought a lot and decided this ring is too banal and two, we need to date seriously before I propose to you…Mou, crybaby~”

Acchan couldn’t keep her tears from flowing and just shook her head. She couldn’t believe her sad days can change into happy ones in just a few hours.

“So…my crybaby…this is for you from me. Happy birthday!” Yuko flashed her smile and gave a pouch to Atsuko.

The actress checked inside the tiny pouch and found a beautiful flower necklace. She hugged Yuko tightly and whispered a ‘thank you’. Everyone clapped and then congratulated Acchan too. Yuuma was reluctant but with Yuki’s cooing he gave up and also said ‘Happy birthday’ to Atsuko.

“Let’s have dinner later at my place. I’m sure you miss my bed~” Yuko teased the light brown haired girl and Acchan smiled with a pout.

“Baka…”

“So?” the expectant look on Yuko’s face didn’t leave any space for objections.

“Okay..” sighed ex-ace and kissed squirrel’s cheek. “Let’s go and check up on the juniors for now, okay?”

“Hai~”