A Thanks to the Rain

One Shots

*PATA PATA*

*PATA PATA*

*PATA PATA*

"Mou... I hate you, rain!!"

The brown haired girl was sitting in the bus stop, all wet from head to toe, clutching her wet papers in her arms. Actually, she loved rain on any other day. But today...the sun was shinning when she woke up, and it was still brightly up in the sky when she was in the library studying. While the girl was walking home, suddenly it downpour-ed and her important papers were drenched in a matter of seconds. She didn't care becoming wet herself - she loved playing in the rain - but her papers were a different story.

"Of all the times you decided to appear when I don't have an umbrella with me..."

The girl pouted then puffed her cheeks in displeasure. She couldn't be mad for long though.

"But it feels nice, sitting here and enjoying your music."

She smiled and put the papers carefully on the bench then stood up.

"Well, let's use this opportunity, nee?"

The ponytail-ed girl walked from under the bus stop's shelter and let the rain fall on her. She carefully looked around. The streets were surprisingly empty. Well, more like they were always empty, just once in a while a car or a bus would pass. The street was known for its lacking of vitality as only the library and some houses with old people was situated in it. And it was not like you needed this street badly as passing it wouldn't take you anywhere where other streets wouldn't take you. In fact, the street was treated as an out of place street for some years now.

The girl loved the street for two reasons. One of them was that her favorite library was in it. The other was because not many people were walking past it.

She smiled and readied her stance. She hummed the melody while walking around a bit and then started singing.

omoidasu yo ima mo...
koi to kizuita natsu wo...
TOKEISOU no hana ga
hinata ni afureta michi

harewatatta sora ni
nyuudougumo ga mokumoku
atto iu ma ni fuete
naze da ka fuan ni natta no
ima iru basho to mirai

anata no migikata
watashi no atama wo katamukete
chokonto nosetara
sore dake de anshin a
shiawase yo

umaku ikanakute
tsuraku kanashii toki wa
sonna watashi no guchi wo
kiite kureru dake de ii

yuudachi ni furarete
minka no nokisaki de
sotto yorisotta futari
iroiro aru nette waratta
ame sae tanoshikunaru

anata no migikata
toki ni wa kokoro wo yasumasete
shinpai ga atte mo
itsu datte raku ni nareru
nukumori yo

sorezore no sora no a de
kagayaiteta ano koro omou no kanaa

ima demo futari wa
issho ni aruiteru mitai ni...
anata no migikata
watashi no atama wo katamukete
chokonto nosetara
sore dake de anshin a
shiawase yo

natsukashiku setsunakatta
aa ano natsu yo


As if her song was some spell or chant, the rain suddenly stopped and the sun appeared from behind the clouds. The girl smiled and bowed to the sky.

"Thank you."

She was about to turn around when suddenly her eyes spotted a shy girl hiding behind a tree. The girl was blushing while peeking from the sturdy piece of wood.

"Hey...come here~" the chibi girl cooed and the black haired girl shyly walked out of her hiding place. "What's your name?"

"Atsuko..." the voice came out so silent that the brown haired girl was able to hear it only thanks to the street being the infamously quiet one.

"Oh, nice to meet you. My name is Minami, Takahashi Minami." The smaller one smiled and extended her hand.

The shy one took it while blushing even more and her eyes went wide open when she was pulled in a tight hug.

"I saw you all the times you watched me." Takamina whispered and giggled. "Do you have a crush on me?"

Acchan tried to escape the embrace but it was hard and it felt just too nice.

To tell the truth, she didn't want to leave those warm hands so she stopped struggling and sighed.

"I do like you..." the black haired girl mumbled, cursing in her mind for the street's quietness.

"Well, then.." Minami pulled a bit away and stared at the blushing girl. "Let's go on a date."

"EEH?!"

"A friendly one, you silly. I don't have many friends and you seem nice."

"Okay..." Atsuko's face now was really bright red but she shook her head and ignored her own shyness.

"Just let me pick my papers." Minami faillingly skipped to the bus stop - which made the taller girl chuckle - and picked them then extended her hand towards the black haired girl.

Atsuko took it and they started walking. The girl had a question and her curiosity got the best of her.

"All this time...every time you danced and sang here..you did it for me?..."

"Un. The first time I noticed you peeking I was attracted by your cuteness... And so I decided to make you smile. I am happy it worked." Takahashi smiled and held Acchan's hand tighter.

"Arigatou..." The taller one was beet red now and yet really happy.

"It's all thanks to the rain though. If not the rain, I wouldn't have met you as I never go to the bus stop if it doesn't rain." Minami stated.

"Un..." She raised her head to the sky. "Takahashi-san... The rainbow..."

They both looked at the beautiful art of nature and stared at it for awhile. Then continued walking towards their destination, hand in hand.