The Wise Woman

The Natalis Adventure

Mi Hee opened the white envelope and saw that the clue was a bit different this time. It was written in cursive script as if it was made to be pretty. "If You Love Me, then go to a place where you can find a New Spirit and beautiful white dresses." She read aloud.

"I also know this one." She told Jaehyung.

"What is it?" Jaehyung asked her.

"Go to the La Belle bridal salon. It's somewhere around here. I'm going to find NS Yoonji there." Mi Hee told him.

"Do you know what you're going to get?" He asked her.

"No. I have an idea but I'm not certain." Mi Hee answered him.

He parked right in front of the store. "Here we are, Princess." He said nicely.

"Why are you being nice to me all of a sudden?" She asked him.

"I can't be nice to you? Jeez, I do one nice thing for you and you accuse me of ulterior motives." He retorted.

"I'm just asking, Jaehyung oppa." She emphasized the ending as if they were really brother-sister. She got out of the car slowly and started to walk into the store.

She had to find Yoonji's reddish brown head of hair. She walked right inside and saw that Yoonji was already waiting for her.

"Mi Hee!" Yoonji waved at her and smiled, "Come, come."

Mi Hee walked over to the older woman and greeted her, "Hi, unni."

"Well, we have a limit of one hour in this place. So let's get started shall we?" Yoonji grabbed her hand as they started to look up and down the racks of dressed.

They ignored all the white dresses and went straight for the short, colorful ones.

"What color do you think? Red, baby blue, lavender?" Yoonji asked her, grabbing two dresses of each color, each one being a different style.

"I don't like tight dresses." Mi Hee told her, she noticed that they were starting to approach the aisles of bodycon dresses. 

Yoonji turned to her and gave her a smile, "Oh, I know. Dongho told me exactly what your style is. Which is why we are avoiding those dresses." She pointed at the bodycon ones. 

She hauled all the dresses into the dressing room and pushed Mi Hee inside gently. "Show me after you try each of them on." Yoonji told her.

Mi Hee tried on dress after dress, none of them suiting her, either how she liked or how Yoonji liked.

They were on their final dress. It was pastel pink, it was an A-line dress, with lace overlay on the bust and a tulle skirt with lace sections.

If Mi Hee had to be honest, this was actually her favorite dress out of all the ones Yoonji had picked.

She pulled on the strapless dress and zipped it up herself. She gave herself one look in the mirror with a smile, she knew this one was it for her.

She walked outside to Yoonji who gave her a warm smile as Mi Hee walked towards her. "This is definitely the one." Yoonji told her.

Mi Hee was grinning from ear to ear until she reached down and looked at the price. 140,000 won which was around US$120. She had never spent this much on a dress before.

She never had one of those "proms" like how they had in America. Her school had dances, sure, but nothing of this expense.

"Don't worry about it. This is a present." Yoonji told her as she noticed Mi Hee worried over the price.

"Maybe I should go pick a different dress." Mi Hee said, moving away and trying to let this dress go in her head.

"Nonsense. This is the dress you're going to wear from now on. Where's your old clothes, I'm going to find a bag to put them in." Yoonji said before getting the clothes.

"But I can't possibly..." Mi Hee tried to argue. 

"Nonsense. You're wearing this dress and that's the end of it." Yoonji said, grabbing scissors to cut off the tags.

"Done. Now, here's your rose and your next clue. Have a nice night tonight." Yoonji told her before shooing her out of the shop.

Mi Hee shuffled into Jaehyung's car, wearing sneakers with the dress awkwardly. "Hi." She told him.

"Hi. Next clue?" He asked her.

"Sure."


Author's Note;
And I made it to chapter 10 this weekend :) hehe :3
YAY :) okay now it'll be two more double updates ^^V
Enjoy!!