Chapter 5

Help Me Win Umma's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“We’re here” Sooyoung said parking her car in front of a fancy restaurant. She gave the car keys to one of the waiters to park it for her.

“Fancy” Jessica said as she went out of Sooyoung’s car.

“Don’t you think I’m a bit underdress?”

“Don’t worry you look good” Sooyoung said with a shade of pink

“OMO umma’s pink!!”

“Fany it’s called blushing” Jessica said giving Sooyoung a teasing smile.

“L-let’s just go”

The three then went inside the fancy restaurant.

“Oh, Miss Choi? The usual?”  said the young man to Sooyoung

“Yeah”

The young man then led them to a private room. The three sat down with Tiffany on Sooyoung’s side. The waiter gave them the menu, bowed down and left.

“Please press the button when you’re ready to order” The waiter bowed and left.

“What would you have Tippany?”

“Ummmm…I don’t know” Tippany said fidgeting with her fingers

“Why are you shy Tippany?”

“Because…I dunno how to read”

“Awww my baby is embarrassed. Your face is turning pink Tippany!”

“Pink?” Tiffany looked up with twinkling eyes.

“Yes pink. How about you Sica?”

Sooyoung said as she turned to Jessica who was looking at the menu.

“Sica? Cute. A sandwich will do” Jessica said giving Sooyoung a sweet smile.

“Sandwich?  For lunch? No. Eat something heavier”

“Then order for me then” Jessica said

“Araso I’ll order for all of us. Tiffany, push the button”

“Dae” Tiffany pressed the button and a waitress came with a pen and paper in her hands. Tiffany stood up and ran to the waitress.

“Unnie!!”  the waitress caught Tiffany and gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Jessica was a bit intrigue by the lady.

“Aigoo Tiffany”  said the waitress letting go off the hug. Tiffany took the woman’s hand and drag her towards Jessica.

“Dara unnie this is my mommy Jessica”

Dara hold her hand out to Jessica. The ice princess shook it.

“Jessica Jung”

“Sandara Park”

“Okay, if you’re done can you take our orders now Dara?”

“What would you have for lunch, Miss Choi?”  The waitress said playfully earning her a merong from the tall girl. Jessica didn’t like this, not one bit.

“We’ll have this this this and….this and also this this this this and this. That’s all”

“Beating your old record shikshin?”

“Y-yah! It’s not just for me, it’s for the three of us” Sooyoung looks at Jessica a bit embarrassed.

“I hope you didn’t get frightened with this shikshin’s appetite” Dara said looking at Jessica

“I’m used to it”

“O-oh? I thought you two just met”

“Sooyoung used to be a close friend of mine and now my fiancé so it’s not really surprising anymore” Jessica said throwing hints to Dara to stop flirting with her fiancé.

“Wow I didn’t know that” Dara said with a teasing smile looking at Sooyoung.

“You didn’t ask” Sooyoung simply said. The three girls got startled when they heard a loud growl.

“Hahaha I better get this orders right away before Sooyoung eats me” Dara bowed and left out.

Dara didn’t know that her joke didn’t sound good to Jessica. The ice princess began to sulk.

“Umma, what are we gonna do in the mall?”

“Well you TWO wanted to go to the mall so you decide what you wanna do”

“I wanna buy a toy!”

“Araso, how about you Jessica?” Sooyoung said turning to Jessica. She just wants to start a conversation with Jessica. It might be awkward but they won’t be able to live if they don’t communicate. Jessica just stayed quiet giving Sooyoung a poker face.

“Mommy, are you alright?” Tiffany began to get worried.

“I’m fine Tiffany” Jessica gave a smile and looked at Sooyoung with a poker face again her arms over her chest with her legs crossed. Soon their salads arrived. The girl put the salad in front of each girl.

“Mommy you don’t like vegetables?” Tiffany said when she notices that Jessica only stared at the salad in front of her.

Sooyoung looks at Jessica and realized what the problem was. She took Jessica’s salad earning her a slap on the hand from Tiffany.

“Your mommy hates cucumbers I’m taking them out” Sooyoung explained to her daughter as she transferred all the cucumbers to her bowl.

“There. Now it” Sooyoung said as she put the bowl back down in front of Jessica.

“She still remembers” Jessica thought. She looks at Sooyoung and finally smiled.

“Umma is jjang!” Tiffany said

“I know umma is always jjang” Sooyoug said cockily and flick her hair playfully.

“Cocky” Jessica said finally moving on from her jealousy earlier

More food was served and the three continued eating…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter