Chapter 7

Help Me Win Umma's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Back to SooSica

The two were now in Sooyoung’s office since Jessica doesn’t want Sooyoung out of her sight. Sooyoung was now on her desk busy reading the files while Jessica sat in front of her. While the tall girl was busy reading the papers Jessica was also busy staring at her.

“Why don’t you stop staring and help me?” Sooyoung looked up.

She was a bit uncomfortable with Jessica staring at her for almost half an hour now.

“I don’t want to” Jessica placed her head on top of her two arms on the desk.

“Lazy girl”

“I’m bored” Jessica whined while playing with Sooyoung’s stuffs on the table. 

“You won’t be if you help me”

“Aish fine” Jessica sat up straight and took some files on Sooyoung’s desk.

She was reading when she felt her phone vibrate. She took it out and started smiling.

“Excuse me jagiya” She stood up and went inside the bathroom.

Sooyoung just eyed the girl who left.

Who could that be?  Sooyoung thought but just soon shrugged it off since the pile of work is calling her.

With Jessica

“So you’re busy with Sooyoung you forgot to call me?” A voice from the other line said with a chuckle.

“I’m sorry umma~” Jessica said adding some aegyo

“Aigoo, I guess you’re enjoying your time there?”

“Who wouldn’t!? “

“So…what do you think of Sooyoung’s little daughter?”

“Umma it’s OUR daughter. And her name is Tiffany. She’s really adorable and awesome mom. She can speak English well too. We get along well more than her umma” Jessica then gave a small laugh remembering the little Tiffany.

“That’s good to hear. How about you and Sooyoung? How are you two doing?”

“Sigh. I don’t know mom” She sat in the toilet bowl and ran her fingers through her hair.

“Well, you just have to do what you need to do to win her back”

“I’m doing that mom. Tiffany is even helping me” she let out a small giggle. Her mother on the other line did the same.

“Good luck with that dear. Send my regards to Sooyoung and my granddaughter”

“Okay mom. I love you”

“Love you too sweetie. Bye”

“Bye”

The phone call ended. While Jessica was in the bathroom talking to her mom, Sooyoung was working but can’t seem to focus. Her eyes would divert from the paper she was holding to the bathroom door.

Why is she taking too long? Sooyoung thought and ruffled her hair as she dropped her head on the table her hands still holding the file.

“Are you alright Soo?” Jessica said who just came out from the bathroom.

“Y-yeah” Sooyoung lifted up her head. She felt a bit embarrassed thinking that she looks stupid just now.

“Okay then” Jessica sat back down in front of Sooyoung and started reading the files. Sooyoung and Jessica started working back again.

She didn’t even tell me who called her… I’m her fiancé at least she should inform me. Aish what is wrong with me?

“Sigh” Sooyoung sighed unconsciously.

“Soo are you sure you’re alright?” Jessica asked lifting her attention from the paper she was reading

“Y-yeah” Sooyoung went back reading the papers. She would glance at Jessica now and then. Her foot was tapping like she was waiting for something.

That’s it.

Sooyoung put down the folder she was holding harshly. Jessica was a bit startled.

“S-sorry”

“What’s wrong with you?” Jessica asked giving Soo a small confused smile

“N-nothing, I’m sorry” Sooyoung then took the folder she harshly put down earlier

“Ookay then”

They were back to being busy when Sooyoung broke the silence.

“Whocalledyou?” Sooyoung mumbled but loud enough for Jessica to hear.

Jessica put the file down and smiled understanding Sooyoung’s actions. She leaned back on her chair her legs crossed and her arms over her chest.

“Is this why you’re acting funny?” Jessica

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter