Chances

Innocent Love

Ch. 7

Amber’s POV:

“Hey are you okay?” Key nudged me. I was currently sitting near the window on the bus ride up towards Krystal’s tournament in Torrance.

“Yeah, I just have a lot on my mind at the moment.” I sighed, averting my eyes back towards the passing landscape.

“About?”

“Do you know what’s wrong with Minho? He’s been acting strange, saying strange things, and he always sneaks away to answer a phone call every time we are together.”

“He must be under a lot of pressure, don’t you think? I mean, he does have finals coming up soon and as the captain, well you should understand that.” Key put a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

I sat back up straight. There’s also another thing that I couldn’t get off my mind but I’ll just have a talk about it with her personally later.

“Do you think he’s cheating on me?”

“What? No! Of course not, he loves you Amber. Why would you even think that?”

“I don’t know; I never had before. It’s just that his sudden nervousness raised my suspicion. It’s like as if he wants to tell me something but always backs down in the end.”

“Don’t worry; I’m sure everything will be cleared up soon.”

“Yeah…”

“Hey!” Key smacked me on my arm. “Come on, you were so excited about cheering Krystal on last week. Where is that enthusiasm now? How do you expect her to win looking all depressed like this?”

“You’re right; she needs our cheerleading skills to take home the gold!” I stood up and pumped my hand in the air.

“Sit down! You’re embarrassing us!” Key grabbed the collar of my shirt and yanked me down back onto my seat.

“Sorry, got a little carried away.

“I’d say.” Key shook his head disapprovingly at me. Hey, I don’t get what the big deal is. It’s partly his fault. Got me all pumped up and when I’m all psyched for this meet he tells me to shut up.

 

XxxxxX

Krystal’s POV:

“Soojung, are you okay? You look really nervous which rarely happens.” My teammate ran up to me when she noticed that I started biting my nails.

“Huh…I just have someone important coming to watch me today so I’m a little on edge.”

“Scouts?”

“No, just a friend.”

“Just a friend, huh? You sure, because whenever you’re friends come to watch you, you get all pumped up.” Damn, why is this girl so observant?

“This one is different.”

“Oh, your crush is coming to watch you.”

“W-what? N-no.”

“No need to be shy Soojung, it’s written all over your face. And speaking of your face, you are as red as a tomato.”

“Jiyoung….”

“Sorry, you know I can’t help it sometimes. You should probably start warming up. See you during the relay race.” She patted my before running off towards her designated area.

“Oh my god, is that Amber Liu?” I heard one the freshman girls squeal out loud.

“Where? Where?!” I could hear another shriek. “Oh my god, she’s coming this way, how’s my hair?!”

Who the hell cares what your hair looks like, you are about to compete in a race. God, these girls are so annoying. Main reason why I hate any type of fangirls or boys. I don’t know which one to find more annoying. I hope I don’t do that. Maybe I should ask Sulli later…no I’ll ask Luna she’s more likely to tell me the truth. Sulli will just call it cute.

“I think I’m going to faint, she’s headed in our direction.” Oh, ….

I gulped turning around hoping that what these girls say is definitely not true. Please, don’t let her be behind me. I swear if I turn around right now and she’s there I’m going to….

*SHRIEK*

“Jeez, Krystal. I didn’t know you had it in you.” Amber said uncovering her ears.

Scream….

“I think I just went deaf.” The boy with blond hair said.

“Sorry, you shouldn’t have snuck up on me.” I said pushing Amber playfully. The truth is, I haven’t seen her since that day in the music room, when I told her that she makes me nervous. I hope I didn’t weird her out.

But maybe…

Maybe she would think about what it meant? No, she wouldn’t do that. She has no interest in me. I mean I can’t judge her by the way she dresses or acts. I’ve never seen her do a double take on a girl, even the most beautiful of ones.

“My bad, well we thought that we would come and wish you a good luck personally before the meet starts. What races are you in?”

“The 200 meter sprint and 200 meter relay.”

“Alright, I’ll be sure to pay extra close attention to those.” She smiled brightly at me. God, take me now before I do something that I might regret.

“T-thanks.”

“Oh, you haven’t met my friend. This is Kim Kibum.” Amber said throwing her arm over the boy next to her. They seem close, I’m jealous. I want her to be able to initiate skin contact like that with me but I highly doubt she will; we aren’t even that close.

“You can just call me Key.” He extended is arm out for me to shake.

“Jung Soojung, but Krystal is fine.” I smiled at him and shook his hand. When our hands touched I felt that his grip got a lot tighter. I looked at him confused and the look in his eyes was saying something but I just couldn’t comprehend.

“Hey, I’m going to grab some drinks.” Amber said looking at the refreshments table a distance away.

“Okay, you go first; I’ll meet up with you at the stands.”

“Alright, see you later Krystal. Good luck. I know you’ll win!” Amber went running off, waving as she went.

“Um…Key. Can I have my hand back please?” I asked when I noticed he was still shaking it as he watched Amber disappear into the crowd of people.

“Oh, yeah sure. Sorry.” He said smiling very creepily at me.

“Is there something wrong?” I asked when he got all silent and serious.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure?” I don’t know whether or not I should be scared because by the look on his face I’m not going to like what he’s about to ask.

He dragged me to a more secluded area before starting back up again.

“I’m just going to be asking you a series of questions and all you have to do is answer them, okay?”

“O-okay..”

“Great, let’s get started.”

“What is Amber to you?”

“A kind person.”

“Do you like her?”

“Of course, I do she’s so friendly.” Where is this guy getting at?

“Have you ever imagined her ?”

*COUGH, COUGH*

I think I just choked on my own spit. Is he being serious right now?

“I..I…No! What are you saying?! This is insane, what kind of questions are these.” I feel my face heating up.

“Have you ever thought about kissing her.”

“What?! N-no…never! I’m done with these questions. If you don’t mind I need to start warming up.”

“That’s okay. I’ve gotten all I needed to know.” His smile came back. What is with this guy?

“Okay…” Weirdo.

“Good luck with the race, we’ll be over there. You won’t miss us. That idiot will cause a riot when you start running.”

He started walking away and just as I was about to get on the ground to start stretches, I saw him turn on his heel and make his way back to me.

“And if you’re wondering whether you should give up or not, you should hold on just a bit longer. You’ll get your chance.”

Chance? Chance at what? Is he implying that I should chase after Amber? What….

How the hell does he know I like her?! I shouldn’t have answered those stupid questions of his. Great…

I hope he doesn’t go blabbing all this to Amber. I don’t want our friendship to end just yet. I know how much Amber hates it when a girl becomes her friend just so that she could go out with her.

XxxxxX

Amber’s POV:

I’m so happy for Krystal. She won second place on her 200 meter sprint and first on her team relay. I couldn’t be more proud but I guess my excitement went a little too far.

I ran up to her, picked her up, and spun her around. She shrieked that the surprise. When I put her back down I gave her a big hug only to be pushed away.

I was kind of sad. I guess we aren’t close enough for this yet. Well, regardless I’m still happy for her. But I should make a mental note not to touch her until we know each other well enough. Though I can’t really blame myself, I’ve always been an openly affectionate person. I suppose some people just aren’t used to that.

I still laughed when she ran over to where we were on the bleachers and scolded us saying that if we didn’t yell and screamed like monkeys she would’ve won first place but I know she was happy that we did since I saw her run away with a smile on her face.

I was going to say goodbye one last time but Key pulled me away. She’s right, her team has something to celebrate tonight and I don’t want to be a bother. I’ll just take her out another day as a congratulatory gift.

When we got home, it was already late at night. Key shook me awake as we walked off the bus. To my surprise Minho was standing by bench waiting for me.

“Key, you go ahead back to the dorm. I’ll go with Minho.”

Key groggily looked towards the direction and eyed Minho for a few seconds before hugging me and muttering something incoherent before walking back to his dorm.

“What are you doing here so late?” I said walking up to him.

“Just wanted to make sure you go home safely.”

He took my hand and we walked in silence back to my place.

I really wanted to ask what has been bothering him for the past weeks but I didn’t want to pry. I heard him clear his throat. He stopped and looked at me for the longest time before he finally broke the silence.

“Amber…There’s something I need to tell you.”

 

(A/N: I didn't forget about this story, I SWEAR!! Okay, maybe i did for a little bit. But i have good reason to. But you won't know of that reason 'til later. HEHEHE

Does anyone feel Kryber deprived, lately? for awhile now? Yeah, me too. This chapter won't help you. It'll just make you crave for more. I'm also f(x) deprived, i'm dying here

. I'll try to update again in a day or two. I still have a short story that i've been meaning to finish and another two fics to update. *sigh* maybe i should only write one story at a time? What do you guys think? Yes, No, maybe so?

Sorry, i'm rambling again.

Comment, Subscribe, and back into the abyss i go. )