Problem

Innocent Love

 

Ch. 3

Amber’s POV:

Did I just past by him? Oh well, I’ll just apologize later; he’ll understand. I really hope she’ll be there. I’m pretty sure of it. Cold huh?

I didn’t really get that vibe from her. Maybe she’s just shy so she acts like that but when she talked to me she didn’t really give any of those feelings. A bit nervous but cold? Rumors, gosh Key needs to really stop gossiping with other people.

“S-sorry, I’m late. My class is actually pretty far.” I stopped in front of her and hunched over with my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath.

“That’s okay, I didn’t wait long.” She smiled at me.

“Shall we go?”

“Yeah, do you want to rest for a little first? You look really tired.”

“No, I’m fine. My sides just hurt from sprinting all the way here.” We started walking towards the center that was a few blocks from the school.

“Ahaha I’m flattered actually.”

I furrowed my eyebrows at her, confused as to why she would say she’s flattered.

“You didn’t have to run here. Next time just take your time, wouldn’t want you to pass out from exhaustion.”

“I’ll try to remember that next time I’m in a hurry. So, I’m still confused why you are flattered?” I asked her while scratching my head; I’ve been prying my brain for an answer but came up with none.

I turned my gaze over to her waiting for my answer. She smiled while continued to look straight ahead and crossed her arms in front of her. I could see her eyes looking upward as if trying to figure out how to reply to my question.

If she feels uncomfortable I’m not going to make her reply.

“You don’t have to answ—“

“Because the Amber Liu thought that meeting me for a drink is so imperative that she would sprint across campus to get to me.”

“I take it you’ve heard of me?” I scratched the back of neck. I’m not going to lie, I know that I’m quite popular but does it matter to me? Nope, I’m here to broaden my knowledge and earn my degree and if I meet new people along the way then so be it.

“I don’t think there isn’t anyone at this school who hasn’t.”

“I don’t really pay attention to things like popularity. What’s the point of being popular when you can’t be real with people?” I said to her, opening the door once we arrived at a shop called the Tea Station.

“But you’re popular because you are real.”

“Mmmm, I guess. I’ll go order.” I told her once we found a table to sit at.

I came back a few minutes and sat down waiting for out drinks to come. I love the Tea Station. Unlike other tea places that sell milk teas this is one of the few if not the only one that uses real imported tea leaves from Asia. It’s more expensive than your stereotypical tapioca place but the taste is worth it.

“So you major in vocal performance, huh? How long have you been singing?”

“Since I was seven? I heard my sister sing in her school plays and I thought that her voice sounds amazing and I tried it myself. You know how it is, whatever your older sibling does, you want to do it too and be ten times better at it. After getting a lot of praise I begged my parents to put me in vocal classes and I’ve been doing it ever since.”

“How about you ‘Miss All Around Platinum Producer?”

“Not to brag but I’ve always had this gift for playing instruments. The first one I ever picked up a guitar because my father played when he was younger. I saw him playing and begged him to teach me. I was four at the time. Surprisingly, it came to me pretty easily. I practiced day and night; adults found it weird that I rather sit in front of sheets of music then going outside to go play.” I chuckled remember my aunt taking away my guitar and kicking me out the house so I could be like a normal five year old and play with the kids in the neighborhood.

“Soon, I decided I wanted to learn another instrument. I heard from my cousin that if I learned how to play the piano then every other instrument out there will be even easier to learn, so I did. My dad signed me up for lessons and we already had a grand piano in our house so buying one wasn’t a big deal.” I began playing with my milk tea, twirling the contents of the cup with my straw. I smiled as I looked up because Krystal sipped her drink, listening intently.

This girl is astonishingly easy to talk too.

“Go on, don’t just stop halfway.” She waved a hand in front of me.

“By the age of 10 I could already play 10 instruments, including the harp but don’t ask me how I came to learn how to play that. As time passed, I grew tired of it, I wanted a challenge. One day I was going through the large collection of sheet music that I had in my practice room. There were scores from Mozart to Bach; I even have all soundtrack scores by Danny Elfman. Now that man is a genius. I got frustrated as I have already memorized all of them right down to every pick-up note. Angry, I threw the sheets all over the room. ”

“That’s when it hit me, why don’t I compose songs for everybody else. I started looking things up online, going to the library, and taking classes and by the age of 13 I started write full orchestrated scores. They were published a year later when my dad sent them into his friend that was a music professor at Julliard School. From then I went from orchestrated scores, soundtracks, and now mainstream music media.”

Damn, I finished my milk tea. I think I’ll get more before we leave.

“Wow, you’re story is more interesting than mine.”

“Heh, well not everybody’s stories are the same but as long as you pursue your dream and tell it from the heart then it makes yours just as special as anyone else’s’.”

“Yeah, you’re right.”

I smiled at her then took my phone out to look at the time. Wow, we’ve been here longer than I thought. I looked outside, the sunlight is already gone. Oh, I just remembered.

“Can I get your number?”

“W-what?” She looked shocked at my sudden request.

“I had a really good time talking to you today and I wouldn’t mind doing again? Perhaps we could even be friends?”

“Well, I…”

“If it’s uncomfortable, then I understand.” I gave her a reassuring smile that it was okay.

“N-no. It’s fine.” She looked down at her hands and reached out her hand. I beamed at her before gladly handing over my cell to her.

“Thanks. You know Krystal, I have a feeling we are going to be the best of friends.”

 

Krystal’s POV:

I walked into my room and slid down my door. I let out a heavenly sigh.

“Where have you been?” Sulli suddenly popped out from the bathroom and scared the living daylights out of me.

“Gosh, Sulli! Don’t do that; you just took away ten years of my life.”

“Sorry, but I’m just curious.”

“Oh my god, you wouldn’t believe it! ‘Cause I definitely don’t believe it even after it already happened.  I ran up to my roommate and best friend, grabbing her shoulders and shaking her back and worth.

“Okay! Calm down and tell me what happened!” She pushed me away and held her head still as if trying to stop the room from spinning.

“Alright, guess who I just hung out with?”

“I don’t know, Barrack Obama?”

“No, try again.” I smiled widely at her. I think I’m being creepy but whatever, that’s just how pumped up I am because of my outing with Amber.

“That cutie on the soccer team?”

“Umm…which one?” Amber’s on the soccer team.

“Taemin Lee!!”

“No….”

“Just tell me already. You know I don’t like guessing games.”

“Well, we talked about her earlier…”

“Wait…no way. You were with Amber?!"

I excited nodded my head when she guessed correctly.

“What? How?! Didn’t you say it was impossible?”

“Well, I was heading to class and trying to fix my make-up on the way. Right as I looked up someone ran into me and the force was so big that I hit the ground. By the way, my hurts…a lot.”

“Who cares?! Continue!”

“I didn’t know who it was and you know me. I wasn’t very happy being knocked down to the floor so I acted…well, like me. Then…”

“Then?!”

“Then it turned out to be Amber and she just brushed away my angry replies like they never happened and to make up for sending me to the ground she offered to buy me a drink…so I agreed and she did.”

“That’s it?!”

“Of course, what else would there be?” I looked at her confused.

“I don’t know, was there a zing?”

“A zing? What’s a zing?”

“Have you never watched Hotel Transylvania?! You know the zing? It’s like an instant connection made by two people, kinda like love a first sight, but it only happens once in a lifetime.”

“Sulli…this isn’t an animated movie, it’s reality. And no, there was no zing.” But there was something else, should i tell her?

“Fine, so how did it feel to finally meet her?”

I paused for a long while before answering her…

“Sulli…I might have a huge problem on my hands.”

 

                                                                                                                                                        
(A/N: So...i've decided who will play the part of Amber's significant other!! It's....KRYSTAL!! LOL JK. I already made up my mind though...but i feel bad cause things will happen. I can't put Key because he was already introduced in the story and blah blah blah. BLAH! Anyways. Hope you guys enjoy this weird chapter.

I should probably get back to writing for my other fic or people will get impatient :)

COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, and random fact: did you know boba is a slang term for big ed women in Chinese? Now i want you to think of that every time you have a bubble milk tea. or here in Southern California, we or mostly, say boba milk tea! RAAWR!! )