From Afar

Innocent Love

Ch. 1

Things are never as they seem; whether it is within your own imagination or in reality. Either way, it doesn’t matter. Things are different, everything is different; that’s a fact. Even the same object that is identical in every aspect, no matter what angle you observe it at, it is perceived differently. Every human has eyes, but through those, very different views are seen; very different and very biased views are told.

So here’s my question:

If you could break love down to its purest form, what would you see?

Would you see innocence? Passion? Or would you be able to see anything at all?

They say love is blind. Love is love so long as you believe it is but how is it when it is presented right in front of you, why is it that no one can see pas all the exterior qualities and expectations that love possesses and really look deep at what love really represents? What it really means for two people, young or old, big or small, or eve for people who chase after what is immoral to society?

Love is free to be with whomever, love can be felt by whomever.  But as time goes on, tradition never strays.

 ‘Cause in the real world, the cold hard truth always remains; not all love ever makes it through, to the rest of the world, it shall always and forever be nothing but forbidden love.

 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~

“KRYSTAL!!”

“W-what?” The girl snapped out of her trance after her friend shook her violently due to many failed attempts at calling the dazed girl.

“You are staring at her…AGAIN!” The shorter girl said in a huff.

“And very creepily too, might I add.” The tallest of the group threw in after a fit of giggles.

“I- I can’t help it. There’s just something about her that is just so…so captivating.” Krystal refocused her attention at the girl with smooth black hair at the center of a rather large crowd of people. Her carefree laughter being carried across campus.

“Krystal, you fascination with her is slightly unhealthy.” The older girl laughed at the look on Krystal’s face as she glanced back at said girl.

Whatever, it doesn’t matter. She doesn’t know me, so what’s the big deal?”

“Of course not, you guys aren’t even in the same major.” The shorter girl replied.

“Luna, Krystal’s major is Vocal Performance whereas hers is Music Composition; they’re practically in the same category.” The bubbly girl found her friend’s mistake rather funny.

Before Luna could start a verbal fight with the latter the Victoria stepped in before any angry words could be thrown across on their down time.

“BUT, it is college. Why don’t you go introduce yourself to her, make her know you.” Victoria suggested like that thought never crossed Krystal’s mind before.

“And make a fool out of myself, I’ll pass thank you very much.” Krystal replied as if it was the end of the world if she went over their just to say hi. She knows she’s somehow going to mess it up and then she’ll be the laughing stock of the whole in’ school. Assuming that her embarrassing slip-up will even make it across the huge student body that this university harbors.

“Do you like her that much?” Luna asked, a hit of disapproval in her voice.

“Not in a romantic way, if that’s what you are thinking. Like I said, there’s just something about her aura that just pull you me in, especially when she’s laughing…or simply smiling.. It makes me want to preserve it.” Krystal explained, a smiling curving on her own face.

“Do you even hear yourself? You sound like a love sick puppy!”

“Quit it, would you Sulli?” Krystal frowned at her friend as she continued to mock her.

“If you don’ like her that way then why not just be friends? It’s not uncommon, especially when in college.” Victoria suggested.

“It’s not that simple, Vic.”

“Yeah, Krystal’s got a point. She’s pretty unapproachable.” Luna rested her chin on her hand, looking like she just had an epiphany.

“True but Krystal is the KRYSTAL JUNG SOOJUNG!” Sulli added.

“That’s right! She’s the track team’s star sprinter and won Los Angeles’s Voice of the Gods National Vocal Competition five years straight and counting, with suitors as long as the Appian Way!!” Luna rebounded after her last comment.

“BUT she is the soccer AND basketball star, women’s division of course, who can also easily hold herself when playing against males. Prodigal composer since the age of 14. Her line of suitors of BOTH men and women that stretches as far as that of the Nile River.” Krystal argued against…herself.

“Then they would be best friends!!” Sulli exclaimed with glee.

“She has a boyfriend.” Krystal said absentminded.”

“Are we jealous now? I thought you didn’t have feelings for her?” Victoria gave the younger girl a confused look before switching to an understanding one.

 I don’t…but there’s just something about him that I don’t like.” But who is Krystal to say anything when she knows absolutely nothing about either party.

“ guys, my next class is about to start!” Luna panicked and started gathering all her stuff in a frenzy.

“Mine too!”

As everyone bid their goodbyes and scrambled out of sight, Krystal heaved out a long sigh.

“If it isn’t love that I am feeling or even a simple crush, then what is it? I don’t even know you, yet I have this very strong urge to be by you.” Krystal said aloud to herself and after one last glance at the person who’s always the center of her attention, she started off to class.

 

???? POV:

“Alright guys, I got to get going, my next class starts soon and if I don’t start walking now, I’m going have to run later and I’m too lazy for that.” I chuckled at everybody as they whined but I know they have classes too or at least studying for the midterms that are coming up and fast too.

Honestly, I don’t really know any of these people I was just talking too. But hey, I don’t mind conversing with a bunch of strangers. It never really hurts to socialize more and broaden your networking. I guarantee it will come in handy later on in the future for me…and them.

Though, my friends warm me to be more careful on who I should trust and allow into my circle.

Please, I’m not that stupid or senseless. I fixed the strap on my shoulder before quickly walking to lecture. I want to get a good seat and not be stuck in the front again. Science, not really my thing but I got to get my G.E. credits.

I’ve actually been getting a really weird feeling lately, like as if someone was watching me but I don’t get a bad vibe from it.

At times, people tell me that I’m too carefree. It’s not that I don’t take everything seriously, it’s just that I rather not worry about something I don’t even have a complete understanding of or to even what is going on.

For all I know, it could be my soul mate.

I chuckled at myself.

Why am I even thinking about soul mates when I already have a special someone in my life that I call my boyfriend?

Truthfully, I love him but I’m not madly in love with him. I care for him and he cares for me, that’s all that matters. Only time will tell where the both of us will end up later on. We might still be together or we might now.

The wind picked up and the long strands of my hair blew in front of my face, this is really starting to irritate me. Curse long hair, if it wasn’t for him I would chop it all off right now and donate it. Guess I have to deal with it since it makes him happy, and it not so bad…half the time.

I looked through my backpack for a hairband; I swore I had one around my wrist but as to where it is now, I have not a single clue.

I was ruffling through my backpack that I wasn’t even concentrating on where I was walking until I bumped into someone and they went crashing to the ground.

The person must be really light because it barely did anything to me.

“Are you okay?! I am so, so sorry.” I offered her a hand to help her up but she just pushed it away and began getting up herself.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Please be more careful next time.” She said while getting up from the floor.

“Y-yeah, sorry about that.” Whoa, what a cold yet sweet voice. I saw a glimpse of her face and a light bulb just went off in my head. I think I’ve seen this girl somewhere before. Oh! The picture that one of my friends showed me! The same girl my professor said I would be working with later in the future.

“Hey, I recognize you!” I pointed at her happy.

She was patting herself down and grunted in annoyance. Damn, what was her name again? Think, dude, think.

“It’s rude to point, or did you now grow up with any manners.” She said irritated.

Oh, . I think I made her mad. Didn’t think she could be this easily irritable.

GOT IT!

“You’re Krystal Jung!” I clapped once I remembered her name.

“Yes, and who are…y-you…?” dropped as she looked at me in disbelief. Where did all her anger go? Did I do something wrong?

I mentally laughed, she’s funny. Might as well introduce myself.

“I’m Amber Liu. Nice to meet you!”

 

 

 

(A/N: I know…I started another story. You can kill me if you want. But then that means that my other fic won’t get finished and you’ll never know the ending to this one!!

This story is actually a test trial. Let’s see how it goes, and if it doesn’t go well then I’ll pull the plug on it. On that note, tell me what you guys think.)