Running

Innocent Love

Ch. 10

“Hello?” Luna answered letting out a long sigh in the process. This is going to be a long and difficult for Krystal if she doesn’t take the chances that are being thrown in front of her.

“Krystal? I-Is Krystal there?” Amber’s uncertain voice rang through the receiving end.

“No, she stepped out momentarily. Can I take a message?” Luna smiled at the disappointment in Amber’s voice. So that means that there might be something there.

“Um…can you just tell her that Amber called?”

~*~*~*~*~

“Has she called you back yet?” The boys all crowded around the blonde. Eventually she told all her friends about her growing feelings towards Krystal. They were all very accepting because deep in their hearts they know that no matter what team Amber plays for, Amber will always be Amber.

“No.” Amber let out a depressing sigh. It’s been well over a week since she had called Krystal and she’s been clutching onto her phone for dear life but the call never came. As days past, Amber thought about giving up.

She sent the girl a message saying that she wanted to see her but that was two days ago and Amber didn’t want to seem desperate and a creep. Krystal couldn’t be purposely avoiding her could she?

“What if she found out that I like her that’s why she’s avoiding me?” Amber sighed, her shoulder slumping. She has been feeling down, not being able to see the main entity of her affections for so long.

“How could she possibly know? You only recently discovered this new feeling and the fact that you who’ve never had a single attraction to the same ‘til her. And you haven’t really ‘talked’ in over a month.” Key explained, I could tell that he is tired of my moping around.

All my friends keeps telling me I have it bad. I’ve always been a hyper type of person. Always smiling, joking around, and having fun. So this Amber now is like an alien to them. Lately I’ve just been immersed in writing music. The only way my professors know that I’m not myself is that all the song’s I’ve written and composed are about a sad love story.

Even my orchestrated compositions have a very dark and sad, soulful tone to them. It’s not like they think it’s a bad thing though since my work is still selling like crazy.

“You do know that this just confirms your feelings for her don’t you?” Jonghyun said. “I mean this separation anxiety is making you go crazy.”

“Yeah, only me. If she missed me too, I would’ve heard from her already.”

“Have you ever thought of the possibility that she might be confused about her feelings as well? Maybe she’s also scared. She might have the same fears as you.”

I guess what Onew said makes sense. But it’s still hard, putting your heart out there not knowing if it’ll get taken care of or stomped all over.

Still I wonder how we’ve haven’t been running into each other lately. Though I have been busy with both basketball and soccer overlapping. Maybe cause track and field season is over. But I should be running into her in the music building, I used to all the time.

She really must not want to see me if I can’t even find a trace of her.

I took out my phone wanting to send her one more message. Maybe this is for the better, letting go. It’ll be hard but…it seems like the only option.

‘I miss you…a lot. I wanna see you but…I know you’re busy so I won’t bother you anymore.’

Send.

I grabbed my things and headed for the locker room. I looked up at the dark gloomy clouds that are moving in fast. I hope it rains, playing in a muddy field will lighten up my mood a little.

~*~*~*~*~

As Amber wished, it had rained but not when she wanted it to. The rain began to pour right as soccer practice ended and basketball began. All the players of the female basketball team sat near the half court line as they waited for their couch to finish up practice. Today was pretty mellow, a few pick-up games and suicides and the coach told them to take a rest.

A few moments later groans could be heard as we were instructed to go outside and run two miles. Amber though didn’t mind, she did get to run around in the rain. It helps clear her mind and there’s only one person who hasn’t left her mind in weeks.

As the made their way around the track, Amber ran as fast and as hard as she could letting the cold air sting the inside of her lungs. She concentrated on her path and the hot breath became visible with every exhale. She wanted to cry, she wanted the pain in heart to stop hurting. She wanted nothing more than for her to stop beating for someone who’s too far to reach.

Falling for a good friend was like having them at arm’s length but having your body tied to a metal pole embedded in the ground. So close but yet they can’t be reached.

Her body was on fire from the running, her arms and legs wanting to give out since she wasn’t pacing herself but this felt better than the sharp pain she felt in her heart. She couldn’t tell what felt real anymore, was the water on her face rain or sweat? The numbness she felt through her entire body, was she flying or fading?

She finished her two miles, setting a new school record but she could care less about records and accomplishments at the moment. She slowly made her way to the asphalt before letting her body lay down on the cold wet ground.

Her chest moving up and down taking long slow breathes as she tried to slow down her rapid heart rate. She closed her eyes, letting the soothing sound of the rain play their song. She shot up when she heard footsteps stop near her.

She looked into the eyes of someone whom she hasn’t seen a while and wasn’t expecting to see.

~*~*~*~*~

‘I miss you…a lot. I wanna see you but…I know you’re busy so I won’t bother you anymore.’

I read the message over and over again in my head. The muscles in heart clenched in pain. I’ve been avoiding her because I was scared but never have I once thought I would be hurting her. Each word cried out in pain.

Maybe this wasn’t the way to do things. How could I have been so selfish? She tried reaching out to me but in the end the only one who was the was me.

I quickly got up from my desk, grabbing my jacket and umbrella before running out my dorm. She should still be in basketball practice. If I hurry I could see her and apologize for how I’ve been neglecting her especially when she didn’t do anything wrong. Of course she wouldn’t know the type of effect he as on me.

Sulli and Luna is right, I can’t avoid her forever. I need to see her, work out any misunderstanding there might be. I do miss her. There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think about her. It takes everything in me to not run up to her when I see her in the hallways but instead I run the opposite direction or duck into an empty room.

I’m just scared. I’m too transparent, she’ll see through me and my feelings then…she won’t want to be my friend anymore.

Sulli keeps saying that I need to have faith that everything is going to turn out okay but that’s hard when you don’t know what’s on the other side of the door. But that’s life, right? Leaping into the unknown hoping for the best but if things don’t turn out we move on.

When I reached the field, I felt my heart drop. Not too far away I see two people, Amber and Minho…they were kissing.

I dropped my umbrella as tears begin to sting my eyes. I want to move my feet and run away but I can’t seem to move. I shouldn’t have come to see her. I shouldn’t have given into my feelings because this is what happens, you get crushed.

I saw Amber push him away and my eyes widened when our eyes made contact. But what shocked was the look in her eyes, as if she just got caught cheating.

“Krystal!” I heard shout my name, running in my direction. Hearing her call my name snapped me back into reality. My feet started moving as fast as they could, I didn’t care that I left my umbrella behind and that the rain soaked my clothes, or that I might even catch a cold. All that mattered was that I get away, far away.

“Krystal!!” I heard Amber calling after me once more. By the sound of it she was close but I won’t look back, no I won’t!

How could I have been so stupid to think that she really wanted to see me, that she really missed me. How could I been so in stupid to think that she could get over Minho so fast and would chase after me yet alone have feelings for me?

I would’ve probably ended up as her rebound and the thought of that tore me apart. I sprinted as fast as I could. She was having somewhat a hard time catching up since I was one of the top sprinters in school.

The distance was starting to wear me out and I panicked when I heard footsteps right behind me. She grabbed my wrist pulling me to stop then grabbing my other arm and pulling me into her embrace. I fought against her grip.

“Amber, let me go!” I said punching and pulling, trying to get out of her grip. Tears having resurfaced, I didn’t want to hear it, I don’t want to hear her excuses. I don’t want to hear her say that they are back together. 

“Please, just let me go…” I begged, my voice hitched as I cried my heart out.I slapped her across the face but she didn't buldge, her grip tightened even more. 

People always talked about the joys of being in love but they never mentioned how much it hurts to love.

“No…” She whispered in my ears. She rested her forehead against mine, her arm around my waist and the other held the back of my neck, caressing it lovingly.

We both stood in the rain, silent my eyes closed as I still couldn’t seem to calm down. She held me close to her ‘til my tears have subsided. I opened my eyes meeting dark brown ones. We stared at each other in silence.

She looked at me with such deep emotions, I didn’t know what to do. I felt so lost.

My heart thumped in my chest when I saw her eyes lower themselves onto my lips. My throat suddenly went dry as she tucked the hair that stuck to my face due to the water behind my ear. I swallowed nothing as I felt her lean down closer. Our lips were so close, I could feel her hot breath tickling my lips.

I closed my eyes as I felt her lips press against mine. Our lips slowly moved with one another. My arms that were glued to my side, slowly came up and wrapped themselves around her neck. I could feel the longing that she felt in the kiss and it filled my heart with warmth.

It felt so right but I put my hands on her shoulder, pushing her away slightly, breaking the kiss.

“I love you, Krystal…Please don’t push me away.” She said with sad eyes but I could tell that she meant it from the warmth and affection from her eyes. I felt like crying again when I heard her confess. All the pain and insecurities that I have felt the past month have all washed away and replaced with a new feeling.

“I love you too.” I smiled at her sweetly. Her eyes lit up and that dorky smile that I missed so much graced her stunning features and that’s when I knew that I found the one that I want to spend the rest of my life with.

 

A/N: This is only going to have a few more chapter. Hopefully i can finish it soon. Thanks for waiting for me patiently and you all will be rewarded in the next chapter ;) 

I've really thought about just making evey chapter shorter but i'm the type of person to write in detail and that takes awhile so that's why sometimes it's hard to update. Everyone's writing style is different and this is mine so please be patient with me I am trying my best. BUT 

hope you enoyed it. I worked hard :) 

Tell me what you think of their 'dance in the rain' below :D