Chapter Twenty-One

Crossing Paths
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Da Eun always thought she jumped to conclusions too quickly.

“We meet again,” Mrs. Lee pointed out as Jieun took a seat across her.

The two met at a café. Jieun would usually go to see Mrs. Lee at her home but fearing Da Eun, she requested for the two to meet at a nearby café instead. Jieun knew Da Eun didn’t come to cafes very often so she was safe.

“I’m sorry I’m late,” Jieun bowed slightly.

“It’s alright just don’t make it a habit,” Mrs. Lee said as she took out some papers. “Here is the contract.”

“Contract?” Jieun asked, surprised to see such a thing.

“You don’t expect me to trust your family completely without a contract, do you?” Mrs. Lee laughed.

“Ah, I understand. Should I call my parents?” Jieun asked. “They need to sign the contract as well, don’t they?”

“You can take this home and get them to sign it. Bring it back tomorrow,” Mrs. Lee said as she gathered her things. “I’ll see you next time.”

○●○●○

“I brought a contract,” Jieun announced as she entered her home.

“What contract?” Her mother asked as she grabbed the papers from her daughter’s hand.

“Mrs. Lee wants us to sign a contract. She told me to bring it back tomorrow and then the deal will be finalized.”

“Oh, well we should sign it then. Call your dad.”

The family stood around the contract, reading everything giddily. This was what they had been hoping for. They had always needed more support for their business. Jieun being friends with Da Eun was the perfect opportunity for them. So with very little persuasion, Jieun’s parents got her to become closer and closer to Da Eun—and of course, Mrs. Lee.

“Good job, Honey,” Jieun’s Father said as he pat her back.

“Thank you,” Jieun smiled brightly. “We should eat out tonight in celebration of this.”

“We should.”

○●○●○

“No work today?” Myungsoo asked Sunggyu with hopeful eyes.

“I start at three,” Sunggyu said. “Only for today, though.”

Myungsoo nodded his head, “Well at least you start late.”

“What do you want to do? It’s only ten o’clock right now,” Sunggyu looked at the clock on the wall.

“Sunggyu!” Mrs. Kim called.

Sunggyu walked over to his grandmother’s room to see her still in bed. He was surprised as she was usually up first thing in the morning. He asked her if anything was wrong and she said she had a headache and needed medicine. Sunggyu did as told and helped her up before giving her the tablet and a glass of water.

“We should stay home today. I don’t think Grandma’s feeling well,” Myungsoo pointed out as the two stood at the door of her room.

“I agree,” Sunggyu nodded his head.

“No, you two should go out,” Mrs. Kim said as he turned around to look at the two. “Sunggyu, you don’t take many days off so you should take this time to do something with your brother. I better not see you two in the home when I wake up.”

“But you’re not feeling well, Grandma,” Sunggyu argued.

“I get headaches all the time. Don’t worry about me, just leave,” Mrs. Kim shooed the two away.

○●○●○

“Let’s go play some basketball,” Myungsoo said as they walked outside in their t-shirts and shorts.

“Where will we get a ball from?”

“Sungyeol lives by here. I’ll go borrow his,” Myungsoo said as he started walking to his friend’s house.

When Myungsoo got the ball, the two went to a nearby basketball court and played as they did when they were young. The two used to play basketball every night when they were teenagers but as time went by, thy got busier and busier and soon, stopped playing. They would play soccer once in a while but that was only because there was a soccer field close to their apartment.

“What time is it?” Sunggyu asked as he fell back o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter