Clothes

My 'Instructor,' L.Joe [hiatus]

 

“How about we go swimming for a lesson?”

 

Seeing as he was looking straight at me, I found it hard to look away. I thought about his idea. Is this a reason to see me in,   my,   bathers?  Grr. Probably is. Hmmm. Maybe I should agree. He was still looking at me, his eyes seemed to stare intensely at mine and I still couldn’t bring myself to look away. Ahh. He’s still waiting for an answer?

 

I cleared my throat, breaking the silence, finally being able to break his stare as I looked away.

 

“Okay,” I quietly squeaked out, not being able to look back at his face. I heard him take a step closer and I desperately wanted to look up to see his reaction.

 

* Shipjeom man jeome shipjeom!*

 

 I looked up at him, my cheeks blushing on their own. Awkward.

 

“Um, that’s my phone, I’ll just-”

 

“Yeah, um,”

 

*LALALALA, pretty baby, LALALALALA, be my lady*

 

I pretty much ran to my bag, opened the first zip loudly and pulled out my phone.

 

“Yobeseyo?”

 

“Oh ____, you know that you have that piano exam coming up soon? I asked your teacher for an extra lesson and she said that you may have one today. Do you think you can come early to attend?”

 

I looked back at Byunghun, feeling bad about leaving suddenly and also felt bad for my mum if I couldn’t go. Well, he left early last time, so I think it’s only fair if I get to leave early this time.

 

“Oh, nae ommoni. That’s fine. I’ll be there soon,”

 

“Okay, great! I’ll see you soon ____.”

 

“See you soon too omma!” I replied excitedly, only to be met with a certain boy, his pondering expression back on his face yet again.

 

“Um, I have to go,” I carried my bag and walked out before he could stop me.

 

“____-ah” I heard someone call out my name loudly. Could I just ignore it? I stopped and then decided that there was no point in staying any longer, seeing as my teacher’s probably waiting for me.

 

I took another step, in the direction of the exit of the T.O.P Media building, but was stopped when someone placed their hand around my wrist tightly. It’s him right? I guess I shouldn’t have ignored him before. And now I can’t even continue walking away.

 

I turned to face his direction, his phone ed into my face suddenly, as I tried to step back, scared from the sudden movement. However I was unsuccessful in moving away, due to his tightening grip on my wrist. For a pretty skinny guy, he’s actually really strong!

 

“Um ___,” he started, the grip on my wrist loosening up.

 

“Can I have your number?”

 

“W-Why?” I questioned him, wondering what type of reasoning he had behind his sudden idea.

 

“Um, to l-let you know when our next lesson is, um remember swimming um, yeah,” he stuttered slightly, somehow managing to do so, but not in the usual clumsy way that you would, but a really cute way.

 

“Uh, yeah okay.” His hand had let go of my wrist, letting it drop back down. He placed his phone closer to me, as I took a hold of it. I quickly typed in my number and before I could save my name to it, the phone was taken off me.

 

“I think you were in a rush before? So I guess you can go,” he said, looking at me. Oh, so you just want my number and now you tell me to leave? Fine. I’ll go. Surprised that he was yet to push me out of the building, I walked away, after saying bye quietly. I turned back, his eyes still looking at me and quickly turned to look at a different direction, embarrassed at the fact that he was actually looking at me.

 


THIRTY MINUTES LATER;


 

I arrived home, just to be met with a phone call from my teacher, who had to cancel our lesson today due to a family emergency. I told her that it was okay and that I would definitely practice later on, in order to make up for today. Truth is, I couldn’t really be bothered, seeing as I’ve done piano since I was three - being some sort of child prodigy since I was little. You could say that piano just came to me naturally and I really just go with what I’ve got. It works out, I guess.

 

My mother walked into my room, carrying in a bowl of fruit, cookies and milk.

 

“You okay ___? I brought some food to eat.” She sat on my bed next to me, both of us looking at the pile of books sitting on my desk that I had just pulled out from my bag.

“Thanks mum!” I gratefully replied, my stomach agreeing with the choice of food.

“It’s okay! It’s just that you’re too skinny these days!”

“Not really, some girls weigh less than 45 kilos!”

“Well, at least I know that you aren’t going to be the one that flies away when its really windy outside. It’s good for a mother to rest assured that her daughter will be safe, both of her feet planted on the ground.” She replied seriously. I looked to her, still unsure whether it truly was sarcastic or not. I was pretty gullible when it came to things such as this. Before I could say anything, I was interrupted by my mother, who broke into laughter, probably thinking that I believed her. Well I couldn’t help it, especially if it sounds really convincing! I joined into the laughter, looking at my beautiful mother’s eye smile, remembering all those fun times when I was younger and could just play around.

 

“Oh, and remember how you grew out of your old bathers last summer?”

 

“Oh, yeah, what about them?” I then remembered Byunghun’s plan to go swimming.

 

“Well, there was a sale on at the shops when I went shopping with Ji-Ae’s mum today and I bought a new pair for you,” she began, getting up, placing the tray of food on my desk.

 

“I’ll just get them, one moment,”she continued and walked out of my room. I started eating a cookie, a fresh and delicious choc chip bursted wiht flavour, that melted in my mouth. Moments later, my mum came back, this time holding a pink bag.

 

“They say this style is very popular amongst young teen girls your age,” I nodded politely, letting her continue,

“And please don’t wear that ugly wetsuit from snorkelling camp again, okay? It’s also getting too small!" she paused slightly.

"Aigoo, my baby’s growing up so fast!” she moved closer to me, as I got up and hugged her tightly. I was now taller than my mum, remembering once how she used to tower over me when I was younger. She pulled away first, handing the bag over.

 

“Your father will be home soon, so I should probably get a start on dinner!”

“Oh, nae omma, thank you so much for the new bathers!”

“It’s okay, but for now, you should eat and study hard, okay!”

“Nae ommoni, I will!” I replied and she walked out, closing my room door behind her.

 

I went to drink some milk, in hopes of growing taller. Curious to see what my mother had gotten me, I took a sip of milk just as I pulled out what was in the bag.

 

Ah, uh, cough, cough, cough.

 

Choking on milk isn’t the best thing to do.

 

I placed the glass of milk on the table, looking back at what I just took out.

 

It was red, but there was something else that I wasn’t used to.

 

It was a two piece- the type that included a skimpy looking bikini and underwear. Set.

 

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????????!!!!!!!!!??????

How am I meant to wear this? I don’t even know where we’ll be going for practice.

 

 As if in reply, my phone beeped in my bag, as I left the ‘bathers,’ on top of the pink bag and walked over to my school bag, pulling out my phone.

 

-Hey, it’s Byunghun (Your instructor), meet tomorrow at 4.30 pm at the Seoul Pools, okay? See you there! :D -

 

Okay, so I guess now I know where I’ll be going, just have to organise myself to wear something else over my new, so called ‘bathers’.

 

 


so, should she wear them or not?

saranghae everyone!

p.s i have two tests and a project due this week, so i'll try to update in maybs 2-3 days :D and one of those tests are on friday (five days away) :( grrr.

anyway, have a good day/night! and feedback is appreciated ;D

p.s.s absolutely addicted to the new nine muses song 'wild'! it's so good! check it out! xo