Venue

My 'Instructor,' L.Joe [hiatus]

The next day arrived, and as every other day, I still attended school, happily trudging through all my classes. My teachers handed out homework and what would seem like my list of things to do was growing at steady pace, I still had to go swimming tonight.

 

With who?

 

My so-called instructor.

 

I had stuffed my wetsuit, along with the new set of bathers that my mother had gotten me yesterday into my bag, pretty much running out of my house as I slept in accidently. I found it pretty easy to get to the actual venue, seeing as I used to go there often with my family when I was younger for lessons.

 

I was a pretty good swimmer, however there was just one thing that had stopped me from continuing- the fact that there was a monthly ‘trouble’ for females, one that caught me pretty late, seeing as I was pretty fit. Either way, today was going to prove two things, to both my instructor and myself-

 

-That I was indeed an elite swimmer

-That the elite swimmer inside me hadn’t come out for a while

 

So, I guess I was sort of prepared, planning to stretch well before I got in, knowing the injuries would have both- a harmful and painful impact on my body.

 

I walked in, turning to see the gym on my right hand side; a few hot guys running on the treadmill and doing weights. But I sadly had to stop myself from drooling- feeling something tap my shoulder lightly. Of course, I turned facing the left side, only to see my instructor- a grin on his face. Why are you grinning? You ruined my ‘Look at hot guys’ time! D;

 

“Hey, you’re here on time!” he said, that grin not seeming to fade away any time soon. Argh, this kid seems a touch too happy!

 

“Um, yeah, I was just too excited I guess!” I said, trying to place a smile on my face as well, seeing as he was so happy.

 

“Haha, okay, well there’s no need to be too excited just yet ___,” he paused, looking behind me for a moment, before turning back to look at me.

 

“Let’s go downstairs!” he grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the ramp leading to the pools. Everything passed beside me as a blur and before I knew it, we were already downstairs, heading towards the change rooms.

 

“Um, I have to get changed first,” I started, interrupted by him, suddenly.

 

“Oh, yeah, I’ll meet you out here in five?” he asked, questioning me.

 

“Yep, see you there,” I successfully pulled away from his grip, his hand leaving mine as I left, walking really, really, really fast to the change rooms.

 

For some weird reason, I felt my heart’s pace slow down, not even knowing that it had picked up the pace on its own. I guess I really am excited. Pushing any further thoughts away about the pace of my heart, I walked into a cubicle and did what I had to do.

 

Walking out, I was fully dressed, my school bag slung on one shoulder, bare feet, holding my school shoes in one hand and goggles in the other. An energetic grandma looked at me weirdly, as if I was from a different planet altogether. Of course, I brushed it off, smiling at her happily instead, walking past her and towards the exit. I saw the reflection of myself in the mirror, stopping slightly and turning to look back.

 

My hair up in a ponytail, my curves outlined neatly from the black wetsuit that I was wearing. The bumps of my chest pushing out happily through the bikini that I was wearing underneath, I was proud that I had a pretty good body to flaunt, ready for any hot guys willing to come my way.

 

Knowing my five minutes was probably up, I walked out, only to walk into someone, wearing a slightly annoyed face. He looked at me, his facial expression changing. Sorry! I’m here now, let’s swim! I noticed that he was wearing boardies and a shirt, somehow appearing pretty chill.

Before I could say anything, I was interrupted by his deep voice,

 

“Hey, you ready?” he looked up and down at me and I waved my goggles slightly in nervousness.

 

“Um, yeah,”

 

“Ah, wait a second,” Wait a second what?

 

“You can’t possibly swim in those,” Wait, me? In what?

 

“Like, you have to wear proper bathers!”

 

“These are bathers!” I said, slightly annoyed and rolled my eyes in response.

 

“B-But they are going to weigh you down!” he said, pointing at me.

 

“What about you!” I said, pointing back at him.

 

“You can’t wear that into the pool, that’s not a proper rash vest!” I continued, feeling that his first argument was totally invalid.

 

Feeling that my argument was totally the best one I had ever come up with, I felt my lips turn up slightly, looking at him being annoyed!

 

“But, I’m here to instruct!” Well, duhh, I think I know that already!

 

“Wait, you don’t think you could possibly instruct outside of the pool, do you?”

 

His face faltered slightly. SCORE: INSTRUCTOR:1 ME:1, FINALLY EVEN ;D

 

“Yeah, um all instructors do,”

 

“Well, not this time buddy!”

 

“But I don’t have a rash vest!”

 

“Um, I don’t think you have to cover up that area anyway!” Well, unless he was secretly a girl.

 

“Okay, deal. You get rid of the wetsuit and I’ll turn up in suitable clothing.” I looked back at him, a smirk in his face.

 

“Okay, fine.” I placed my bags on a nearby seat, knowing that now was the time to flaunt that body of mine. Lee Byunghun, you better brace yourself.

 

I started to take the zip off my wetsuit off, only for the zip to happen to be stuck.

 

Yes, stuck.

 

Why now?!?

 

I turned back, to see that my instructor had indeed gotten rid of his shirt.

 

“You okay?”

 

“Um, yeah, just stuck,”

 

 


hey, hope you like this chapter! i'll be updating more often, two tests down and now only two projects to go! ;D hehe, please be excited :D xo