Living

My 'Instructor,' L.Joe [hiatus]

 

L.JOE’S POV:

 

So, I had my first ever, ever, ever lesson as an instructor.

Too many yeo-dongsaeng feels before I got there.

Argh!

Anyway, as I am soon to debut as a rapper, I trained along with fellow trainees, Changbum and Chanyong. Indeed, I am the youngest, in appearance as well, seeing as the other guys are a good five centimetres taller than me. I really regret not drinking all the milk my mum gave me when I was younger, because I hated the taste, giving it to my older brother instead. Today Sanghoon decided to join us, as he is a good dancer, vocalist and rapper. Truthfully, I am sort of jealous of Sanghoon – we are of the same age, however, magically a month younger than me and taller and better. His dancing skills are mad and I did find it hard to keep up with him initially. Either way, he also has the looks and if he were to debut with me, there might be some sort of collision between the pretty boys, but I wouldn’t mind sharing the title. It would be like how G-Dragon and T.O.P share the title- G-D can sing and rap and looks good (his teeth fix is kind of like Sanghoon’s) and T.O.P being a rapper, that has the looks as well (works out, as I plan to rap and look good too ;))

Hmm, vainness aside, I still feel that my eyes are too small, someone even asking me if I was asleep when I was at school. Like come on, how embarrassing is that! I’ve been putting on double eyelid tape every day for around five hours, trying to make some sort of secret crease show up and make my eyes look bigger. But no, they’ve decided that they are going to look even smaller than ever, after a whole month of putting on the tape.

All things aside, I made my way home to change into casual gear, turning up back to the building for training. But this time as an instructor.

Byunghun.

Byunghun the instructor.

Byunghun the instructor-nim.

This is instructor-nim, Byunghun.

 

My title, wow. Don’t know if I still want to be a cardio-thoracic surgeon anymore.

 

Instructor suits me better than Dr Byunghun.

Doctor Byunghun.

Doctor Lee Byunghun.

This is Lee Byunghun, the doctor.

This is Lee Byunghun, the doctor-nim.

 

Hmm. I guess both sound okay.

 

I walked down the steps

Intruding into the room, I was met with ______, clearly occupied with something. Peering in, I left the door slightly ajar as I walked in, making my way to the corner of the room, ____, still into what she was saying. I tuned out of my music, taking out my headphones as I paid attention to what she was saying.

 

 

Did I hear right?

 

 

Did she say that U was for Ugly.

Or ugly x 2?!?!?!

 

 

I know, Byunghun is a popular name right.

 

 

 

But would she really know the actor Lee Byunghun?

 

 

 

 

Of course, the end of our lesson was interrupted and I had to leave early. Walking out, I could still feel my heart beating itself up.

 

 

 

Walking along to catch the subway home, my heart was still beating itself up.

 

 

What’s with hearts beating themselves up?!?

 

“Like he is one of our topics for debating and I was thinking of arguments.”

Her voice rung through my head and I tried to shrug it off, not bothered to play any music as I was about to get off soon.

 


 

Result of the past three hours?

 

My parents will be going back to America. Leaving me, on my own.

They will be going back to America, to take care of my brother.

Who is five years older than me!

 

Whoever said that younger siblings are the ones that get the best treatment within the family and are spoiled silly, well I am here to prove you wrong.

Way wrong.

How can I live on my own?

I know that I had made the effort to come to Korea and audition secretly, but like my parents must hat-

Have lots of love for me, seeing as they are moving back to the other side of the world, without me.

 

I opened my eyes, looking up at the blank white ceiling, the whole apartment feeling empty. The sheets all smelled new, different to what I had been used too, the smell of it being a different type of laundry detergent to my usual one. I looked towards the window, the outline of the moon could be seen through the blinds, bright and big compared to myself.

Somehow it seemed like an image of _____ turned up, sitting on the chair near my desk.

I blinked.

No way. She was still there.

 

I blinked twice.

Looking back to the seat, there was nothing to be seen, just the light shining through from the moon.

 

Turning back to face the wall, I felt snug, warm and secure.

If only someone else could be with me right now.

 

I closed my eyes, images of _____ turning up in my dreams.