08

On Rainy Days

A/N: Just a short update this time, sorry guys! Next chapter will be longer, I promise. Again, thank you for subscribing and I hope you're enjoying the story so far. Don't hesitate to point out anything you think could be improved, okay ^___^


Jihyo left HQ and returned home after another exhausting day of training. The Boss hadn't accepted any missions since their last one over a week ago. Their vigorous week of training was over but the Boss still hadn't issued them with another mission, he had just ordered them to continue training instead. After taking a quick shower, she checked the fridge to see that it was empty since she had forgotten to buy groceries before coming home. Sighing, she changed into casual clothes, grabbed her bag and left for the nearby supermarket.

She walked slowly towards her destination, inhaling the night air around her. She had always enjoyed the night when the air around seemed different. Colder... quieter... but strangely more comforting. Of course, any other girl with a small frame like Jihyo would not dare roam the streets of Seoul this late at night, but Jihyo wasn't any other girl and she could handle herself despite what her current appearance would lead others to believe.

Walking down the familiar street, Jihyo noticed there was a group standing near the supermarket she intended to go into. She heard raised voices and saw that the group consisted of all men. Young men. Jihyo slowed her pace as she approached. Her senses were tingling, something told her that the situation ahead of her didn't seem right.

As she walked closer, Jihyo started to recognise some of the men in the group. She cursed under her breath. They were the group that MBLAQ were against the other week, the same group that had shot Joon. Why were they in the area? Were they after Joon again? Jihyo turned around and walked back in the direction she came from. When she heard shouts, she quickly dived into a dark alleyway, crouching in the darkness.

Jihyo stood up when she heard a noise in the distance. She took a black bandana out of her bag and quickly tied it around the bottom half of her face, so that only her eyes were showing. Footsteps. Fast, solid footsteps. She stood still and listened intently. Definitely male and definitely running towards her direction. The years of training to hone her senses to every detail around her meant that she could distinguish even the most minute differences between sounds.

Something was odd about them though. It didn't sound like just anyone's footsteps, this person was trained and they were trained in her profession. Was it Joon? She listened to the rhythm. No, it wasn't Joon. It wasn't any of the other members' footsteps either. As the footsteps grew closer, Jihyo shifted slightly back towards the end of the alley, slinking into the darkness.

The steady footsteps came nearer and nearer, until Jihyo froze in her position and set her gaze to the opening of the alley. They were three meters away... two meters away... one meter away... A figure appeared in Jihyo's line of sight and turned around the corner, running into the same alley she was hiding in. She backed away slightly, the figure's sudden movements startling her more that it should have.

Suddenly, the man running into the alley bumped into Jihyo, pushing her to the back of the alley and pinning her body against the wall. His arms were up near her head, one on each side. His head was bowed slightly towards her face and he was breathing deeply, Jihyo could feel his warm breath on her neck as his chest heaved in and out. Jihyo tilted her head slightly to make sure her face was shrouded in complete darkness. She stared up at him as he moved slightly backwards, still pinning her body against the wall behind her. He looked backwards as Jihyo heard more footsteps a distance away. This time, a group. A very angry group, presumably the same group she had seen earlier, chasing the man in front of her.

"Don't make a sound," he whispered fiercely.

'Or what?' Jihyo thought to herself, amused.

"Or I'll shoot you," the man finished his sentence.

Jihyo scoffed mentally. As if she needed to be told how to hide from being chased.

He turned his head back towards her direction but didn't look at her. As he did so, he moved his face into a direct beam of light from the building above. Jihyo saw that he had messy jet black hair, his fringe was slightly covering one of his eyes and he was also wearing a black bandana that covered the bottom half of his face. Jihyo stared at him intently, intrigued. Her eyes moved to his dark chocolate eyes and she felt her body tense up involuntarily.

No... It couldn't be...

She continued staring at him, willing his eyes to look towards her so she could determine for sure that it wasn't him... It couldn't be him... She inhaled sharply, as the familiar smell of the man's cologne travelled towards her. The man turned his head towards her as he heard her, his eyebrows furrowed together in annoyance. Didn't he just tell her not to make a single sound? The footsteps grew closer outside the alley until they passed as quickly as they arrived.

"You five go that way! The rest, follow me!" they heard a man shout angrily.

As the man turned towards her with that annoyed expression, Jihyo blinked a few times in pure surprise and shock. She felt her body grow weak and leant backwards to let the wall support her body weight fully. After making sure there were no sounds from outside the alley, the man slowly stepped away from Jihyo, unpinning her from the wall. He kept his eyes on her, making sure she didn't do anything rash in that moment.

"You," he narrowed his eyes at her. "saw and heard nothing tonight."

Jihyo froze when she heard his deep voice. It really was him, wasn't it? Jihyo watched as he stepped out into the street, glancing around him before sprinting to the alley opposite the road. Jihyo walked forwards from the back of the alley, nearer the street and watched as he climbed the metal staircase of the opposite building in seconds and disappeared into the darkness on the high rooftops. Jihyo gasped softly and breathed out deeply. She felt her body lose all its strength as she dropped to her knees.

"...Junhyung," she called out quietly into the darkness, her voice full of longing.